Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started another thread about this, but I’m nervous about not being able to find a parking spot at the Poly and now I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t make the best choice in resorts.

Folks are telling me that the pool is overrun with non-Poly guests. I’m saddened to hear this.

Between the parking and the pool...should I consider switching somewhere else? Or are there enough pluses to the Poly to outweigh the negatives?

I started another thread about this, but I’m nervous about not being able to find a parking spot at the Poly and now I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t make the best choice in resorts.

Folks are telling me that the pool is overrun with non-Poly guests. I’m saddened to hear this.

Between the parking and the pool...should I consider switching somewhere else? Or are there enough pluses to the Poly to outweigh the negatives?
We have stayed at Poly twice and this summer will be our third. We have not had an issue with parking. We may not always have a spot at the front, but always find a spot. I have not noticed the pool overrun with non guests and I don't know how I would know who they are anyway. We love the Poly and find it relaxing and fun. I would not change my plans and I hope you have a great time. We always do!

May I ask what this is?

You can order room service that is a meal from 'Ohana. It is a selection of the meal that you would get from the restaurant. I'm not sure when we would want to eat so it will be a nice way of trying it without having to be tied to an ADR.

You can order room service that is a meal from 'Ohana. It is a selection of the meal that you would get from the restaurant. I'm not sure when we would want to eat so it will be a nice way of trying it without having to be tied to an ADR.

Wow that is awesome. Never knew that was an option. Do you just pay per how many people are in the room? Does the food come separate or all at once? If desert came at the same time as hot food I don't think the ice cream would be there when I got to it.

Wow that is awesome. Never knew that was an option. Do you just pay per how many people are in the room? Does the food come separate or all at once? If desert came at the same time as hot food I don't think the ice cream would be there when I got to it.

I agree! I haven't tried it yet. We will in May. From what I understand, a number of people have said one order fed 2 adults. I believe all food comes at once. I would believe that something like ice cream would probably come in a separate container but I may be wrong. There is at least one set of pictures in an earlier thread that shows the set up with a description, You could try searching for twilight feast. I did it earlier but don't remember how much older the post was.

I just want to be sure I can do this. Can we get the twilight feast from 'Ohana staying at the villas?
Requests for villas can be tricky. Some booked 11 months ago so they MAY get priority. I'd pick Tokelau for pool access , Pago for bus access.

I haven't looked but at blt and CR they share the same room service menu, vgf and gf do too. If poly does that then the answer is yes for feast.

Requests for villas can be tricky. Some booked 11 months ago so they MAY get priority. I'd pick Tokelau for pool access , Pago for bus access.

I haven't looked but at blt and CR they share the same room service menu, vgf and gf do too. If poly does that then the answer is yes for feast.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been trying to read the older posts and Tokelau seems to get the love. I'd prefer to have a decent view but don't mind if we don't have a water glimpse or sideways view of MK. Just excited to try the Poly. We are BC/YC fans and weren't very happy at WL so really hoping to enjoy Poly. Can't wait to sample as much of the Poly perks as possible!

We ordered the TF twice on our last stay. It is a LOT of food. It all came at once. One feast is way too much food for one person, IMO. I would share. We ordered two the first time for two adults and two kids and had too much food left. We aren't huge eaters, though. I would order it early in the stay so you can put leftovers in the fridge.

We ordered the TF twice on our last stay. It is a LOT of food. It all came at once. One feast is way too much food for one person, IMO. I would share. We ordered two the first time for two adults and two kids and had too much food left. We aren't huge eaters, though. I would order it early in the stay so you can put leftovers in the fridge.

Thats great advice but did you feel that your dinner wasn't as good because food was cold or was it just as good heated up? Honestly if I do this I might start with dessert and work my way backwards. It seems like I might have some lunch with the leftovers too.

Thats great advice but did you feel that your dinner wasn't as good because food was cold or was it just as good heated up? Honestly if I do this I might start with dessert and work my way backwards. It seems like I might have some lunch with the leftovers too.
I actually think starting with dessert is a great idea. I thought the meat was just fine cold the next day (in some ways just as good) but the bread-pudding type dessert and salad would not have been as good the next day.

Oh, and BTW, my daughters have already requested that we have the feast the first and fourth nights of our stay so we can be sure to finish it all this time.

How much would you advise ordering for 2 adults (average appetites) and 1 child (almost 3)? We don’t necessarily need leftovers.

How much would you advise ordering for 2 adults (average appetites) and 1 child (almost 3)? We don’t necessarily need leftovers.

If nothing has changed from when we ordered last August I would order 1 meal unless you would be sad about having to split the dessert. You can also order 1 adult meal and one kid's portion (still big). Other than dessert I would be surprised if 1 adult meal wasn't plenty for the three of you.

They asked us how many people would be sharing so they brought plenty of plates for us as well. The only downside was that there seems to be some confusion as to who takes away room service plates/dishes. There didn't seem to be anyone assigned to remove them from inside the room or outside the room on the tray.

it all comes at once, but we have not gotten ice cream when we’ve ordered (last time was in sept). the bread pudding does come w the caramel sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!