Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added an extra night on to the front of our October Poly stay but since we didn’t need dining on the extra night (our flight gets in too late to enjoy it) it had to be booked as it’s own reservation. Both reservations are booked as standard view (not DVC). What are the chances we can check in the first night and stay in that room for all 4 nights? Would hate to have to move and disrupt the day but really don’t want to pay for dining we can’t use. Any one have experience with this?

Added an extra night on to the front of our October Poly stay but since we didn’t need dining on the extra night (our flight gets in too late to enjoy it) it had to be booked as it’s own reservation. Both reservations are booked as standard view (not DVC). What are the chances we can check in the first night and stay in that room for all 4 nights? Would hate to have to move and disrupt the day but really don’t want to pay for dining we can’t use. Any one have experience with this?
Call and have them link the two as a “continuous stay.” They’ll do their best to accommodate you, as they don’t want to have to turn a room around if they don’t need to!

As Cluelyss said, call and have the reservations linked with a request to stay in the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. As has been said, it's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you :).

May I ask what time do you leave on departure day? We fly from the west coast and have found the same problem with the dining plan on the first night of our stay and have opted more times to stay off property the first night but we also sometimes get a late flight going home. If we do this and we are on the DDP we will opt to have a nice lunch at a sit down place and use our QS for breakfast. We have also used our TS for breakfast and then go to Disney Springs and grabbed some sandwiches from Earl to take and eat on the airplane. If this plan can work for you and you can see the value I recommend trying it.

What form of Disney transportation would you use to get to each park? What Disney transportation would you use to get to FW for Hoop Dee Doo? Thank you!!

May I ask what time do you leave on departure day? We fly from the west coast and have found the same problem with the dining plan on the first night of our stay and have opted more times to stay off property the first night but we also sometimes get a late flight going home. If we do this and we are on the DDP we will opt to have a nice lunch at a sit down place and use our QS for breakfast. We have also used our TS for breakfast and then go to Disney Springs and grabbed some sandwiches from Earl to take and eat on the airplane. If this plan can work for you and you can see the value I recommend trying it.
We don’t have our departure flight booked yet but we are aiming to leave earlier in the day. Our flight into MCO doesn’t land until 5:30 pm. I am sure we could find some way to use the credits but as I lay out our grazing plan I’m already having issues filling it up - another day of credits to squeeze in and I would have to be rolled home!

Call and have them link the two as a “continuous stay.” They’ll do their best to accommodate you, as they don’t want to have to turn a room around if they don’t need to!
Thanks! Will do. Never a guarantee I know, and I’m not picky about room location, just don’t want to have to pack up :)

TPV Club level. Balconies on third floor or not? I loved first floor because of the lawn space in front of the rooms but I imagine 3rd floor has the better view?

TPV Club level. Balconies on third floor or not? I loved first floor because of the lawn space in front of the rooms but I imagine 3rd floor has the better view?

Yes, balconies on the third floor. No outdoor space on the second. FWIW, when we stay TPV CL, our only request is typically a third floor room for this reason.

I did NOT know that! I was basing my requests off Tikiman page maps. Are you saying those are outdated? I actually would have preferred lagoon view for this reason. So, I have a 50-50 chance iPod no balcony (2nd floor)?!?? That's unacceptable at the price point.

I did NOT know that! I was basing my requests off Tikiman page maps. Are you saying those are outdated? I actually would have preferred lagoon view for this reason. So, I have a 50-50 chance iPod no balcony (2nd floor)?!?? That's unacceptable at the price point.

You would need to ask him, but his first floor view categories don’t really match my personal experience with LV rooms and many folks who report on the CL thread.

One thing Disney does take pretty seriously is room view categories. Since construction of the Bungalows, hardly any of those first floor rooms have a legit castle view. Maybe if you shift to one side or the other you can see it in between Bungalows, but it’s far from the same kind of TPV you get with most of the rooms on the second and third floors.

Many rooms on the first floor did use to be TPV back in the day, pre-Bungalow.

For me, personally, when I want first floor so the kids can run out to the beach, I book LV. But, there are LV rooms on two and three too (rooms where the castle view is blocked by a palm tree), so first floor isn’t guaranteed either.

In terms of TPV rooms - I’ve stayed TPV several times and all but one time I did get my third floor request. The one time I got the second floor, I was really bummed when I got the text - but after actually staying in one it really wasn’t bad at all. Not my first choice, but I didn’t hate it as I thought I might.

I hesitate to question Tikiman info, so like I said, best to ask him via his website or Facebook page. Just relaying what has been my experience.

Sorry for being long winded, but hope that helps.

Last edited:
I don't know how,I'd ask him, but thanks. I am fairly sure that that map was updated after the bungalows drawn. It looks like more TPV on the ground floor than 2nd floor. I booked the TPV because it was all that was available. I prefer going to the lounge for fireworks anyway so LV would have been fine. I forgot about the no balconies on the 2nd floor. That is going to be completely unacceptable to me. Sigh.

I don't know how,I'd ask him, but thanks. I am fairly sure that that map was updated after the bungalows drawn. It looks like more TPV on the ground floor than 2nd floor. I booked the TPV because it was all that was available. I prefer going to the lounge for fireworks anyway so LV would have been fine. I forgot about the no balconies on the 2nd floor. That is going to be completely unacceptable to me. Sigh.

Tikiman is very responsive through Facebook messenger. His Facebook name is:
Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

As you probably know, you can send a FB message to anyone even if you aren't friends.

Good luck. Report back if you learn anything.

Also, you can try asking for feedback on the CL thread too. This topic comes up there from time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!