Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting there! Going to finish packing up this weekend and we have a few things left to buy. The worst part is I'm so busy at work and we're moving buildings while I'm gone so I have to get my office packed up too! I am sooooo ready for this trip! 5 more sleeps! Are you all packed up??

So exciting!!! Sorry you’re busy at work!! Vacation will be here before you know it!! We got a lot done yesterday!! Just have the little things that we technically can’t pack till the day before leave!!!! I’m getting SO excited!!!!!!

Hi quick question

Are the DVC studio villas standard view renovated? Do they have big screen tvs? Yes I know its weird asking about the tvs, but I am curious lol Its the second leg of my trip so I want it to be special lol

Hi quick question

Are the DVC studio villas standard view renovated? Do they have big screen tvs? Yes I know its weird asking about the tvs, but I am curious lol Its the second leg of my trip so I want it to be special lol
The studios first opened in April 2015. There have been no renovations since then, but all rooms have a large tv. I would say 50/55 inches.

IMG_1464-533x400.jpg

Hi quick question

The TVs are great and most importantly, the remotes actually work!

We want to see fireworks & the water parade from the Poly on our Nov trip. We have early dinner in epcot so i want to make sure to be back in time to catch these (weather permitting I know!). When do these run? It’s Holiday Wishes so I think that’s at 10pm but the water parade I see conflicting times on, WDW says 10:30pm, but research says it hits Poly at 9pm? (We’ve never seen it, so I don’t really understand the timing on it, seems to circle the lake?)

Hi.

Has anyone ever booked the cabanas? I was looking into it and its a little over 50 per day on the dates I am going. Are they located somewhere good?

Are they worth it, and what do you receive with it?

Also, how does it work if theres a rain storm during the time its booked. Are you still charged or is it all based on your 24 hour cancelation policy?

Thanks

Hello fellow Poly vistors.

So I recently had to change my trip around.

I had 6 nights booked DVC at the wilderness lodge ( first time there ). I added a 7th night to my trip, but we can't get the 7th night. I didn't want to take any chances, and end up with no room, or having to last resort it at a value lol

So basically, POLY DVC standard view opened up.

So now I changed it to my last 3 nights at poly! So 4 nights at wilderness and 3 nights at poly. I have never been to either and I have never done a spilt stay, so hopefully this was the right decision.

Poly looks so nice and different from wilderness, so I really think this is the best option, and also gives me enough nights at each resort to enjoy

I requested a high floor at anything but pago pago, since I don't have a car. Hope thats the right decision also

I'm excited!

We were a WL only family foreverrrrr. We took our first adults only trip last year to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. We just couldn't go back to WL w/o kids so we chose the Poly because it resembled our honeymoon destination.
We loved it so much we returned this year! :love:

This year, we went back to WL to visit....... too many emotions since again, kids weren't with us.:confused3
We are returning to the Poly again next year! :rotfl:
As most WL vets will agree, we are not fans of the renos Disney made to the Boulder Ridge Villa side (a whole lot of concrete replaced a whole lot of trees but since you haven't been there yet, that doesn't matter to you.) Same as Poly vets dearly miss the old lobby. Since we never step foot in the Poly before last year, I can't imagine anything but the breathtaking lobby you will enjoy!

You will love both for vastly different reasons.

ENJOY! :wave:

Hi.

Has anyone ever booked the cabanas? I was looking into it and its a little over 50 per day on the dates I am going. Are they located somewhere good?

Are they worth it, and what do you receive with it?

Also, how does it work if theres a rain storm during the time its booked. Are you still charged or is it all based on your 24 hour cancelation policy?

Thanks

The Poly Oasis Pool Patios are really “cabana-lite,” for lack of a better term. They are not as big or private as cabanas you see at some of the other resorts and there are virtually no amenities. Fortunately they are a fraction of the price.

There are three cabanas, see pics below. The one in the middle is slightly bigger and has a taller roof (not necessarily a good thing for shade).

They come with plush seating and a coffee table. There is usually an attendant around the Oasis Pool that can take food/drink orders, although the bar is literally right on the other side of the pool.

Oasis Cabanas.JPG

IMG_9632.JPG

IMG_9633.JPG

IMG_9634.JPG

Hope that helps!

The Poly Oasis Pool Patios are really “cabana-lite,” for lack of a better term. They are not as big or private as cabanas you see at some of the other resorts and there are virtually no amenities. Fortunately they are a fraction of the price.

There are three cabanas, see pics below. The one in the middle is slightly bigger and has a taller roof (not necessarily a good thing for shade).

They come with plush seating and a coffee table. There is usually an attendant around the Oasis Pool that can take food/drink orders, although the bar is literally right on the other side of the pool.

Thanks for this. I don’t think I want it anymore. Just based on the location of them and how they look, might as well just sit in a normal chair. Not much sun blocking either. Not private at all

Thanks for this

We want to see fireworks & the water parade from the Poly on our Nov trip. We have early dinner in epcot so i want to make sure to be back in time to catch these (weather permitting I know!). When do these run? It’s Holiday Wishes so I think that’s at 10pm but the water parade I see conflicting times on, WDW says 10:30pm, but research says it hits Poly at 9pm? (We’ve never seen it, so I don’t really understand the timing on it, seems to circle the lake?)
I posted pix on gf thread recently . I caught the boat at gf to go to poly then MK and back to gf for fun. I was hoping and did catch it to follow EWP.

Poly is 1st stop at 8:50 then gf at 9p. After that it heads over to CR/wl/fw then finishes at MK.

The HEA or seasonal (hallowishes etc) change depending on season. They times are posted on the Disney site on the calendar.

Here are my pix of EWP from my boat ride, :
Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Not much sun blocking either.

It sounds like you've made up your mind already, but we rented a poolside patio on several days in May and always had plenty of shade. We loved it! We normally didn't use it until noon or after but it was really nice to have our own family space and not be looking around to find chairs in some shade together (which would't have been possible to find except on a rainy afternoon). There's a baby in our family so it was great to be able to park the stroller in the shade while she napped. And when it did rain for a bit that afternoon, we were happily under cover enjoying our drinks while the kids played in the rainy pool - no lightning of course. We even had a family pizza dinner in the space with pizza delivered from the outside. Personally, we couldn't have had several days of a "cabana" if they had been the ones like GF - $$$$.

I rented a cabana for a full-day and a half-day. The full-day cabana is my day off from touring while my family goes to Animal Kingdom. I reserved it so that I would have my own comfortable personal space for the day. Whenever my family returns to join me at the pool, there's plenty of plush seating waiting for them. I won't have to worry about finding four lounge chairs and saving them all day. There will be some shade so I won't have to worry about getting too much sun. The half-day cabana was reserved for our check-out day so that we have a home base while we enjoy the resort until the late afternoon. Again, I prefer having some personal space rather than trying to find seating if the pool is crowded. My guess is that in July, the pool will be very crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!