Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dd took an uber to poly on 7/4. (Arrived at mco about 8pm)We gave her the reservation # and room#. However they did NOT ask the driver for any info when she arrived at poly about 9;45pm.

I sat outside with a Pogmosa (pog with sparkling wine) for her for a while waiting. There was clearly MANY people not from the resort there for the fireworks. Poly did nothing to stop people as far as I could see.

Also we took an uber from poly to CR on the next day. Again , they just flagged the driver through. He just said " I'm dropping off" and they let him pass.

The resort was packed! It was a bit disappointing . However having Cl was a life saver. Lots of us "made do" lol crammed in the lounge.
Was the monorail down that you didn't just take that to CR?

Was the monorail down that you didn't just take that to CR?
Hey @bluejasmine, @trishadono and family members took the Uber to transfer their luggage to the CR for their split stay in the Atrium Club.

Guests can have Bell services handle the transfer of the luggage but it can take quite some time due to the fact that all baggage transfers are done in the afternoon and it can be as late as 5 PM or in some cases later in arriving.

Note: No luggage is allowed on the Monorails, resort boats or resort buses.

Dave

We will be there next month and plan on getting the twilight feast for dinner one night. Has anyone had it since they’ve made the portions smaller? Not sure how much to order for two adults, a 16 year old, and a 3 year old - myself and the 16 year old pretty light eaters.

We will be there next month and plan on getting the twilight feast for dinner one night. Has anyone had it since they’ve made the portions smaller? Not sure how much to order for two adults, a 16 year old, and a 3 year old - myself and the 16 year old pretty light eaters.
We just had it about a week ago. Ordering for one person gave us plenty of food for the two of us (and we didn’t eat it all). It was my first time ordering it, so I don’t know how it compares to the old portion sizes, though I had heard they were smaller now.

I looked at the menu online for the Tambu Lounge and the Bread Pudding is not listed. Does anyone who has been to the Poly recently know if it is still available? Thank you.

View attachment 336855 View attachment 336856
Dd wanted some sushi one night. Perfect timing for EWP!

I had the spikey pineapple (dolewhip n rum)

Lol hers was "a dark and stormy night" her umbrella didn't make it lol!:laughing:
View attachment 336854

Spikey pineapple looks delicious! We will be there in a few weeks and I saw that you mentioned DD had sushi. Was there a good selection of sushi? Do they offer everything from Kona Island? DD in law loves sushi and we may need to plan that for an evening.

can you get bread pudding through room service?

Maybe someone with personal experience ordering it can chime in, but FWIW it's not listed as a separate dessert on the in-room dining menu. It is listed as part of the Twilight Feast. I am not sure if they are flexibile with that particular dessert? Menu accurate as of July 2018.

Twilight Feast from Private Dining Menu.jpg

In CL, is there an open walkthrough from the concierge desk to the rooms (a)?
Or is the only entrance/exit on the opposite end (b)?
Lastly, if both are walkthroughs then I presume the least noisy rooms are in the middle (c)?

Thanks All,

upload_2018-7-15_11-52-7.png

Lastly, if both are walkthroughs then I presume the least noisy rooms are in the middle (c)?

Thanks All,

View attachment 337036

That floor plan is not drawn particularly well in terms of actual locations of walls, doorways, etc. The space between the CM desks and the hallway is definitely not "open" like that - there's a wall with an entryway that leads to the elevator / hallway.

Let me see if I have some pics or a better depiction of the layout.

You can enter the longhouse on the "b" side - but 98% of the people will be coming in the other entrance on the CM desk side. Generally speaking you will have less foot traffic going by your room the closer you are to the "b" end of the hallway.

Thanks All,

View attachment 337036

Unfortunately this is the best pic I have.

This was taken IN the elevator looking back towards what I'll call the elevator foyer (the carpeted area just outside the elevator doors) and the CM desk area/main Hawaii entry lobby (the area with the tile floor). This gives you a sense of how the two areas are divided - definite separation between the two.

Looking at that pic - the outlet on the wall to the right... the door to Room 1501 is just to the right as is the hallway with the rest of the rooms on the first floor.

If you were standing in that tile floor area, the CM desks would be to your right, the main entry doors to Hawaii would be on your left, and the staircase going up to the lounge is straight ahead.

First Floor Elevator Lobby.jpg

I read in another thread that using the TP fax to make room requests wasn’t very helpful if you’re staying in the studio villas. I’m wondering if they meant it’s not helpful if you rented through DVC points system. I booked my Poly studio through the Disney site...should I rely on the TP fax or should I also call and have them add the request to my reservation? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!