Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Although better yet, bring back Tangora Terrace! :mic:

2. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

Oh, Oh, Oh the home of the original Tonga Toast. We have some very fond memories from those days.

Dave

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. TSM

TSM Mouseketeer

Our stay is going so fast. We got here Sat and leave on Sat. I have to say I just love it here. We have stayed at many of the values and moderates and this has just been amazing. We have spent a lot of time at both pools because it is so darn hot(is August in Florida!) and have eaten 2 meals at the quiet pool and loved not even having to dry off!! It’s just such a beautiful relaxing place after the hussle of Disney!

5. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Two meals at the quiet pool? Food that good there??

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Gotta love that Disney math :goodvibes.

A whole Poly day sounds so relaxing :cloud9:.

Sounds like you need to book another Poly trip soon ::yes::.

I agree, the Poly is in a great location with such beautiful surroundings! Looking out over the lagoon toward the castle and hearing the boat horns throughout the day/night is so relaxing to me :cloud9:.

Sounds to me like you need another Poly stay :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sorry your trip is going fast, but glad you're having a great time. Hope your last couple of days are just as enjoyable as the beginning :wizard:.

PPFlight75, TSM and Summer2018 like this.
  7. Summer2018

Summer2018 DIS Veteran

Yes it is! And the best cocktails!

GADisneyDad14, Shellyb84 and Tonyz like this.
  8. Summer2018

Summer2018 DIS Veteran

We definitely will not be waiting another three years. If we didn’t have to go to Arizona and California in April, we would be heading back to Poly next year. It will be fun to spend a couple days in Disneyland, but I really wish we were planning our next trip to the Polynesian.

9. Tonyz

Just looked at the menu, I think I’ll be grabbing something there!

trishadono and Summer2018 like this.
  10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Disney World/Poly is definitely addicting, but a trip to Arizona/California sounds fun! We've never been out west but are considering a trip to California/DL possibly next year and while I know I'd miss WDW, it would be exciting to see DL. I hope you have a great time in April and that you get back to the Poly soon after :goodvibes.

kungaloosh22 and Summer2018 like this.
  11. missnic

missnic DIS Veteran

I'm seeing that the room request function online is not working.. what is the phone number to submit a room request? We're staying cl if that makes a difference. Thanks!

12. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

Well since you are staying CL, you can call Disney Signature Services (DSS) at 407-939-7777 or send an email to disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com they are here seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time. Make sure to include your reservation number in your email.

Dave

13. TSM

TSM Mouseketeer

It was good but more for convenience. We were swimming and we were hungry.

trishadono and Tonyz like this.
  14. Tonyz

Actually I looked at the menu and I think I’m gonna eat there! I’m glad you mentioned it

TSM likes this.
  15. KNJWDW

KNJWDW DIS Veteran

The food is good! We ate there a couple times last week. My son loves the fish tacos. The chicken avacado wrap is yummy and so is the burger with pineapple on it. Good waitstaff and bartender was nice too.

16. GADisneyDad14

Oasis Bar and Grill is a hidden gem. Shhhh, you people quit talking about it. :ssst:

:goodvibes

TSM, Cluelyss, Shellyb84 and 7 others like this.
  17. GADisneyDad14

Actually, hidden gem is too strong a term but it IS a great spot to grab some lunch on a pool day or if just passing through. All of the tables are in the shade and it’s usually easy to get one. The chairs are comfy.

I’m still not over them messing with the original Oasis salad... but I still think the menu is overall pretty good. I’d stop here over Cap’t Cooks most any time.

TSM, Shellyb84, rteetz and 3 others like this.
  18. Tonyz

Those wings look amazing and the donuts too! Oh man, can't wait!

TSM and Summer2018 like this.
  19. Jco10

Jco10 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Heading home in 5 days! We are staying on a cash reservation this time...we will use our DVC for Poly in November :love:
    Usually today I would send a fax with a room request BUT I'm thinking about just rolling the dice to see what we get....what has your experience been? I will say that we usually request Raratonga with specifics and we usually get it. Tell me your story...the control freak in w me is trying to embrace the unknown LOL

20. dkmulder

dkmulder Mouseketeer

We will be checking in in six days! I’m not much help for making room requests. I’ve actually found when I do them online it’s hit or miss, which is fine as I know nothing is guaranteed. But, as this is our first time staying at the Poly and we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the resort, we’d really like a balcony. Since online check in has been wonky lately, I’m also wondering how I can make that request.

21. melana

melana DIS Veteran

So excited for our stay at Poly in a DVC studio in December. I know this has probably been asked and answers but I don’t have the time or patience to look through 749 pages. So here goes—

Sofa Bed—would you recommend getting a nice matress topper and taking it to give more support, comfort, etc? It’s either going to be my sister or me sleeping on it.