Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halloween merchandise arrived over night at Boutiquee.

View attachment 344241

It's a little too early for me to think about Halloween, but I must say I am looking forward to seeing all of the Halloween stuff when we get there in October :goodvibes.

Love Boutiquee. Always love resort-specific merchandise.

Me too...and Boutiquee is my favorite resort shop ::yes::.

I can't stand seeing Halloween decorations in the summer. It's so depressing. I have eleven more days until school starts, and autumn is the LAST thing that I want to think about.

I'm the same way. I got a Bath & Body Works email last week premiering some Halloween merchandise and while I do enjoy getting those emails, I don't need to see them in August :rolleyes1.

I love Halloween...in October, just like the way I love Christmas in December.

I'm with you ;).

WE are officially 10 weeks aka 70 days away! I seriously cannot contain my excitement. So excited to be there for 9 days over Halloween!!!! Also secretly hoping to catch some xmas décor on our last days!
We arrived 2 years ago on Halloween, and amazingly by the next morning Main Street has lost all the fall decorations and had holiday wreaths up. The parks gradually got more holiday decorations as the week went on. I think we left the day before the first Christmas party. Once November hits, the parks definitely switch right to Christmas!

We arrived 2 years ago on Halloween, and amazingly by the next morning Main Street has lost all the fall decorations and had holiday wreaths up. The parks gradually got more holiday decorations as the week went on. I think we left the day before the first Christmas party. Once November hits, the parks definitely switch right to Christmas!

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I was hoping that would be the case!!! We check in on 10/26 so we will get lots of time to check out fall decor and don't check out until 11/3 so hopefully they will have *some* Christmas around!

Very excited for my 1st trip staying at Poly since childhood! I'm reading about you all calling in your room requests. Can you please tell me what number you call? Is it the main WDW number? Many thanks!

My 11yo daughter and I arrive tomorrow and will be staying at the Poly for eight nights. I can't believe in one day we'll be back at WDW!!! This is the first time we're doing a trip with just the two of us and I'm beyond excited! We stayed at the Polynesian two years ago and loved it. On that trip we were in Fiji, facing the Luau. I didn't love that location because it seemed a little dark and disconnected from the resort, but we did still enjoy it. This trip I've requested Niue facing west. We'll see what happens.
We're attending MNSSHP next Friday and are excited the party falls during our trip. We did it in October of 2014. It was great, but my daughter wasn't feeling well, so that limited our party activities. I love when Magic Kingdom is decorated for Halloween! We're planning a pretty relaxed trip this time. We'll have plenty of park time, but we're not tying ourselves to a lot of reservations, so we can spontaneously change plans as desired. That will be a lot different from past trips and what I'm most looking forward to about this trip. :wave:

Sitting poolside after breakfast at 1900 park fare. Lovely but nearly all loungers gone. Towels were down by 8 am when pool being cleaned sigh. Chair hogs stink

Booked thru TA for special Labor Day rate. Standard room. Asked for fiji. Shocked to get assigned 2nd floor, pool view Samoa! Pixie dust indeed!

DiL not thrilled tho wanted a full balcony,I’m good lol

Curious about this (early check in overriding requests) as well - our flight arrives at 10am - an early checkin would be nice, although if not, I hear there are changing rooms we can use to go to the pool? Although I'm not sure where we'd store our carry on bags with valuables and stuff in them.

Bell services or hotel safe would work

I stopped at check in yesterday around 10 am ubered up from our first night stay. Dropped luggage & linked CC

Asked as to building assignment and was rather curtly told by CM with English accent that they don’t accept requests at check in. Was just wondering if we got the building we originally requested.

I love it! Halloween starts earlier every year and I think it’s amazing!!!!!!

My fav holiday but do admit it’s a struggle to contemplate donning a costume in 95 (heat index of 105). degrees

Pool day and not heading over till later. Don’t care if family is blowing a day in their park tix or not. Just too long of a day in this heat

The walk to temporary bus stops at mgm nearly killed me our first day. Then did after hours DVC party at Epcot. Almost 13 miles that day. Have a heavily braced foot awaiting more treatment when I get home

I love Halloween...in October, just like the way I love Christmas in December.

Think it’s smart they moved first party back this year. Just the impetus needed for many to book a bonus pre- back to school trip without worrying about taking kiddies out of school to (again) do a WDW vacation Assume it’s chalkenging to fill the properties when free dining starts in days

Very excited for my 1st trip staying at Poly since childhood! I'm reading about you all calling in your room requests. Can you please tell me what number you call? Is it the main WDW number? Many thanks!
Same for me! Last stay at the Poly was 40 years ago (I am definitely dating myself!). Looking forward to a return visit in late November!

Sitting poolside after breakfast at 1900 park fare. Lovely but nearly all loungers gone. Towels were down by 8 am when pool being cleaned sigh. Chair hogs stink

The walk to temporary bus stops at mgm nearly killed me our first day. Then did after hours DVC party at Epcot. Almost 13 miles that day. Have a heavily braced foot awaiting more treatment when I get home

We were there the 6-11. I was at the pool at around 8:45 both days, gate was opened but maybe one person in it. So I went in the 2 pool days we had there (Thursday and Saturday). But both days weather kicked us out for an hour but I waited by that gate because I wanted "my" table back, LOL!! I did notice at the BC there were a bunch of chair hogs. One day I got in there at 9:03, got my table, saw a few other people getting tables/loungers, not many but then I saw quite a few white towels on the chairs and no one around. No one was in the pool because I was in it, the only one! The same thing on our other pool days there. Some family put their stuff on a table next to us. Another person came up and asked if we saw anyone there. It was just towels, no bags/shoes/clothes. We really didn't know because we were in and out of the pool. I go in the pool, I put sunscreen on the table, our mugs, goggles, etc....clothes are hanging and my shoes are there.

The day 2 of my kids and myself did DHS for EMH and then Epcot and MK at night we got 30000 steps. But...we were at the BC that day and the boat wasn't running so we had to walk to the studios...so hot, so long, my feet!!!

We are trying to plan our next trip (Thanksgiving week 2019) and Poly doesn't show anything available but club level, is this normal? Are there still rooms they will release? Should I give up all my hopes and dreams for my fam to stay at poly????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter