Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to plan our next trip (Thanksgiving week 2019) and Poly doesn't show anything available but club level, is this normal? Are there still rooms they will release? Should I give up all my hopes and dreams for my fam to stay at poly????
I went to book in Nov 2017 for Nov 2018 and just got one of the last 2 pool/marina view rooms, all the standard and lagoon view were already gone. The CM I talked to said it was probably a convention come to town. In this hotel, bookings are not as available as they used to be!

You might want to consider renting a cabana for a half or whole day at the Oasis pool. I rented mine well ahead of time, but there was a family in the cabana next to us who had rented the day before because of the pool crowds and chaise hogs. Maybe there's something available for you last minute.

How do you rent a cabana in advance? and how much for the day? Thanks.

If you rent a half day cabana what are the hours that you get it for? Thinking it might be nice on our Party day were we don't plan on going into a park prior.

Call (407) 939-7529

Pricing can vary a bit by season (edit, I’m pretty sure it does, although not 100% certain), but as of June 2018 it was $74.55 (tax included) for a full day. I am not sure what the price is for other seasons.

Call 407-939-7529. I think I paid $75 for a full day 10am - 7pm, and $40 for half-day 10am - 2pm or 3pm - 7pm. I can't remember the exact amount because I booked it several months ago on my credit card. I do know that the price changes seasonally.

I didn't read after your post before replying.:beach:

So excited that we’ll be returning for our 2nd stay at the Poly in only 25 days! Me, Husband and 8 and 5 yo sons who will head straight for the Dole Whip as soon as we arrive

We’ll have our own car, and I’m wondering if you think it’s ever better to drive to AK or HS instead of taking the bus? We’ll be rope dropping both and heading back to the Poly early afternoon, and then returning to AK a different day for the late afternoon/evening. I have bad memories of waiting forever in the crazy heat for a bus at HS 2 years ago, but not sure if that’s typical. I appreciate any pros/cons you can share!

Call 407-939-7529. I think I paid $75 for a full day 10am - 7pm, and $40 for half-day 10am - 2pm or 3pm - 7pm. I can't remember the exact amount because I booked it several months ago on my credit card. I do know that the price changes seasonally.

That's not bad at all, for the full day.

So excited that we’ll be returning for our 2nd stay at the Poly in only 25 days! Me, Husband and 8 and 5 yo sons who will head straight for the Dole Whip as soon as we arrive

We’ll have our own car, and I’m wondering if you think it’s ever better to drive to AK or HS instead of taking the bus? We’ll be rope dropping both and heading back to the Poly early afternoon, and then returning to AK a different day for the late afternoon/evening. I have bad memories of waiting forever in the crazy heat for a bus at HS 2 years ago, but not sure if that’s typical. I appreciate any pros/cons you can share!

I would and plan to as well. For whatever reason I feel like it's such a long wait for the buses at AK. Also due to them working on the HS bus stops it'll be a mess so might as well drive in that situation.

Welp today is our 60 day mark! Time really is flying. All the great reports about Rarotonga have made up our mind about it so thank you. We had great success with FPs but I’m not sure about online check in though. Do you skip the front desk entirely? Is MDE still borked about room requests? We have a Touring Plans subscription so can use their fax request feature as well, but not sure how that would work vs the online requests.

I don't know about HS, but my family went to AK one morning at rope drop. We were staying in Rarotonga, and the bus stop was right there. It took 15 minutes to get to AK. Going back to the Poly took a little longer, but the bus pickup area is one of the first ones at AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter