Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp today is our 60 day mark! Time really is flying. All the great reports about Rarotonga have made up our mind about it so thank you. We had great success with FPs but I’m not sure about online check in though. Do you skip the front desk entirely? Is MDE still borked about room requests? We have a Touring Plans subscription so can use their fax request feature as well, but not sure how that would work vs the online requests.
I chose not to do online check-in. It was nice to walk into the lobby and get our lei's when we arrived.

We had made our requests with our travel agent, and we got them both: Close to the GCH, first floor.

I don't know about HS, but my family went to AK one morning at rope drop. We were staying in Rarotonga, and the bus stop was right there. It took 15 minutes to get to AK. Going back to the Poly took a little longer, but the bus pickup area is one of the first ones at AK.

Around what time did you leave your room?

So excited that we’ll be returning for our 2nd stay at the Poly in only 25 days! Me, Husband and 8 and 5 yo sons who will head straight for the Dole Whip as soon as we arrive

We’ll have our own car, and I’m wondering if you think it’s ever better to drive to AK or HS instead of taking the bus? We’ll be rope dropping both and heading back to the Poly early afternoon, and then returning to AK a different day for the late afternoon/evening. I have bad memories of waiting forever in the crazy heat for a bus at HS 2 years ago, but not sure if that’s typical. I appreciate any pros/cons you can share!

We drive to Disney but always take the bus. We enjoy being in the Disney bubble, so we never use the car. I think there is always the risk of a long bus wait but we may experience that once per trip. Normally things just work out. We mostly do rope drop though and leave very early. I will say our worst wait this last trip was waiting for the AK bus back to Poly, but this could happen anytime. It was a brutal wait though after all day in the park and crazy hot. So for the that reason I totally understand you thinking about driving. However, we will still take the bus due to the infrequency of issues.

I hope you have a great trip. Poly is great isn't it??!! A Dole Whip is my absolute favorite treat and my DH made sure to get me one every day!!

Have a blast!

If someone wouldn't mind answering a question about the Oasis Pool Patios, I would appreciate it! I planned to reserve a patio on our checkout day. I know that Bell services will hold my luggage for me, but what should I do about my other bags? Is there a way to secure my bags at the patio if I want to go to the Lava Pool or do I need to take my purse with me? Thanks!

If someone wouldn't mind answering a question about the Oasis Pool Patios, I would appreciate it! I planned to reserve a patio on our checkout day. I know that Bell services will hold my luggage for me, but what should I do about my other bags? Is there a way to secure my bags at the patio if I want to go to the Lava Pool or do I need to take my purse with me? Thanks!
I bought a locking beach bag that I was able to secure to the furniture. But one of us stayed at the Oasis pool the entire time.

What would be the cancellation policy? if the weather is bad I probably wouldn't want to be out there.

Unless this has changed since last year (which I doubt it has), here's the language that was on the confirmation:

Reservation must be cancelled at least one day prior to avoid FULL cancellation and/or no
show fee. There will be no penalty due to cancellation done by the location due to inclement weather.

We've done a patio on check out day with our luggage with bell services. Honestly, we just left our wallet/purses in our day bags at the patio. Safest/smartest thing to do? Probably not. If we had been concerned enough, we would have put it in our luggage with bell services (I am generally pretty trusting of Disney bell services).

That patio doesn't have a locker.

I bought a locking beach bag that I was able to secure to the furniture. But one of us stayed at the Oasis pool the entire time.

We've done a patio on check out day with our luggage with bell services. Honestly, we just left our wallet/purses in our day bags at the patio. Safest/smartest thing to do? Probably not. If we had been concerned enough, we would have put it in our luggage with bell services (I am generally pretty trusting of Disney bell services).

That patio doesn't have a locker.

Thanks! This'll help me figure out what might work best for us

I bought this:

https://www.target.com/p/travel-smart-carabiner-luggage-lock-black/-/A-52957176

upload_2018-8-21_21-40-12.jpeg

We always have our phones (there are 5 of us) so that’s $$$$$ a nice Disney vacation right there. We were at the BC first and I knew I would not be able to see my bag at all times.

I have a LL Bean carry on that I used at the pool. The main part has a zipper and there is an outer zipper on one of the pockets-both zippers when closed end up on the same side and if secured together the main part can’t be opened.

My dh booked the silver part on the bag handles as an extra measure as it locks. But I would loop the loopy part on both zippers (the little holes on the end) and then that loop would loop around the base of the lounge chair or around an arm of a chair. So if someone was going to steal it they’d have to take the chair with them which would looks funny walking out of the pool area with a chair or have scissors/strong scissors like plyers?? on them.

So we swam all around SAB and were in the Poly pool as well-I could pretty much see my bag from there.

Anyone there or going soon willing to take a photo of the cooler with alcohol in it and post?

I was there in April but didn’t pay attention and should have. We are looking to maybe add the DDP for our stay in a few weeks but none of us are big drinkers. We have guests also staying on our points in another room so want to see if anything might strike their fancy and increase the value of the DDP :)

Thanks!!

Arriving next week and wondering about the new location of the bus stop for Poly at HS as I have heard it's quite a
long distance from the entrance. Wondering if we would be better off taking an Uber/Lyft instead of bus. We will have a family member with limited mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter