Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I order groceries to be delivered via instacart and they arrive when I'm not there, where do I go to pick them up?

It's 24 days out for us.
I'm back to work this week after recovering from surgery, but I'm still not 100%.
I'm hoping to be relatively healed by the time we get to Disney.

My doctor has told me that I should avoid swimming, though, which is a bit of a disappointment.
I guess they don't want to expose the surgical area to pool chemicals/bacteria, despite the fact that it should be entirely healed by then.

I'm looking into other activities we could do instead of the waterpark day we had originally planned.
Maybe mini-golf or a carriage ride or wandering around Disney Springs...

Hope your recovery continues to go well and you have a great trip :wizard:.

Individual bottles in the Hawaii club lounge building as of this week.

Hope that's still the case when we arrive in a week and a half ;).

I am so excited!!! I just booked 2 nights (over my birthday) prior to my summer cruise!! The Poly has always been my dream resort, but I have never been able to justify it price-wise. But I finally decided if being at Disney on my birthday is a dream I’m fulfilling, I can indulge a little and stay at my dream resort too!

One less day than I was going to stay pre-cruise initially, but I’m good with that!

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay! The poly is an awesome resort, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

Enjoy! It’s an amazing resort.

:thumbsup2

We arrive 3 weeks from tomorrow!!!

:yay: :yay:

Thanks for posting. I’m staying at Poly for the first time in early November. Does anyone know if the trivia they have at Poly is similar to the trivia night at Port Orleans where they give small prizes for activities around the resort?

I can't answer your question, but wanted to say that the Poly is an amazing resort, hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We are officially DVC owners now and have a reservation at Poly for our very first DVC trip!

We're doing a split stay, 3 nights BLT and 3 nights Poly, April 1-7. Can't wait! Poly is our favorite so I'm so glad we're getting to stay there for our welcome home trip.

Congrats on your DVC purchase! Enjoy the rest of your planning :flower3:.

We just arrived back from our Cruise and just got into our room at the Poly. We are staying in Pago Pago. Not a great view at all but nice to be close to parking and easy walk to the transportation center. Just glad our room was ready after lunch. So excited to be staying at the Poly. Bucket list item checked.

Hope you had a nice cruise :boat:. Enjoy your time at the Poly.

I’m going to be at the Poly in a week! I started planning this trip in June 2017. I can’t believe it’s almost here! Time sure does fly!

I agree....time does fly! We arrive in a week and a half :jumping1:.

We are checking in on Saturday!

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

We just arrived back from our Cruise and just got into our room at the Poly. We are staying in Pago Pago. Not a great view at all but nice to be close to parking and easy walk to the transportation center. Just glad our room was ready after lunch. So excited to be staying at the Poly. Bucket list item checked.
I stayed in Pago Pago this past April and loved the location! You’re right, not the best view but my kids also loved watching the monorail go by. The proximity to the TTC is awesome, enjoy!!

Staying next week for the 1st time. Coffee question. Kona Island = no refillable mug and Captain Cook's = refillable mug?

Also does the Poly have the Halloween refillable mugs currently?

Thank you

Also, unfortunately the only availability was through a TA (I prefer to be able to make any changes/requests myself) so I was going to fax a room request to "verify" the TA's. I requested she add a balcony request and close to food/pool. Her response back was that there are no bad locations at the Poly and she would add the balcony request. So, I am now faxing. We are booked standard room. We do intend on relaxing at the resort a chunk of every day. We are also going to take advantage of the food options as well. We will be going the MK almost daily.

What do you guys suggest for a room request? We would like to be close to the Main building and the pools.

Also, what is the fax number for the Poly.

Thanks!

Staying next week for the 1st time. Coffee question. Kona Island = no refillable mug and Captain Cook's = refillable mug?

Also does the Poly have the Halloween refillable mugs currently?

Thank you

On your first question you are correct, Kona Island is like a little quick service stand (I guess?) similar to the one in the Contemporary. During the morning there's coffee, pastries, and treats. At some point it turns over to a sushi bar but I'm sure the official site can tell you when that is, I've never paid attention.

No idea if they have the halloween mugs.

Also, unfortunately the only availability was through a TA (I prefer to be able to make any changes/requests myself) so I was going to fax a room request to "verify" the TA's. I requested she add a balcony request and close to food/pool. Her response back was that there are no bad locations at the Poly and she would add the balcony request. So, I am now faxing. We are booked standard room. We do intend on relaxing at the resort a chunk of every day. We are also going to take advantage of the food options as well. We will be going the MK almost daily.

What do you guys suggest for a room request? We would like to be close to the Main building and the pools.

Also, what is the fax number for the Poly.

Thanks!
If having a balcony/patio is important to you, then I would make that your only request. There really is no "bad" location at the Poly. It's a fairly small resort so none of the longhouses are particularly far from the GCH.

With that being said, on my last trip I put patio/balcony as my only request and I didn't get it. They were able to accommodate me by moving me into a king room but if a king room hadn't worked for us we would have been out of luck unless we wanted to switch rooms the next night.

I tried to put in a room request today, but apparently their package system is down for 'magical enhancements'. The CM suggested I try back tomorrow.
My main concern with having airway surgery recently is to be placed away from smoking areas.
I've got a fax configured to send through TP, but I want to be doubly certain by calling.
Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

transportation question. Any idea which is usually quicker for bus service to AK or HS. Wait at the Poly bus stop or walk to the TTC (if I remember correctly, there the buses were waiting for people to load and then go)?

Can you bus from Poly to Epcot or do you have to walk to TTC and either monorail or bus to Epcot?

Thank

Had the pleasure of popping by Polynesian the day of our MNSSHP. Enjoyed some coconut Thai meatballs and a frozen pineapple drink from the Barefoot to go bar (thanks to @GADisneyDad14 for the tip on that one!) which made me one happy birthday girl. Looking at booking November 2019 and doing a split stay at Poly and Beach Club so hopefully we will be back!

:hourglass

I agree with your TA, there is no bad location at Poly. Everything is close to the Main Feature pool and lobby. To increase your odds of getting a balcony I would make that your only request.
Agreed. We spent a ridiculous amount of time scoping out the best room # to request via Touring Plans (settled on a first floor standard view at Rarotonga) but when we got there we were given 2nd floor in Tuvalu. Lesson learned. Best advice - pick one request and hope for the best!

transportation question. Any idea which is usually quicker for bus service to AK or HS. Wait at the Poly bus stop or walk to the TTC (if I remember correctly, there the buses were waiting for people to load and then go)?

Can you bus from Poly to Epcot or do you have to walk to TTC and either monorail or bus to Epcot?
There are no buses at TTC for HS, AK or Epcot (unless monorail is down). No bus from Poly to Epcot (unless the monorail is down), but we usually walk to the TTC and catch the Epcot monorail from there.

Staying next week for the 1st time.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

If having a balcony/patio is important to you, then I would make that your only request. There really is no "bad" location at the Poly. It's a fairly small resort so none of the longhouses are particularly far from the GCH.

I agree with your TA, there is no bad location at Poly. Everything is close to the Main Feature pool and lobby. To increase your odds of getting a balcony I would make that your only request.

Agree with both of the above :thumbsup2.

Had the pleasure of popping by Polynesian the day of our MNSSHP. Enjoyed some coconut Thai meatballs and a frozen pineapple drink from the Barefoot to go bar (thanks to @GADisneyDad14 for the tip on that one!) which made me one happy birthday girl. Looking at booking November 2019 and doing a split stay at Poly and Beach Club so hopefully we will be back! :hourglass

Glad you were able to pop over to the Poly! Those meatballs sound good, I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm there next week. A Poly/BC split is the best of both worlds, IMO. Have fun planning :goodvibes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am still going to fax only because I get nervous not being able to verify balcony request since this was through a TA. The only number I could find is:

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort (407) 824-3174

Is this correct?

Fingers crossed for a balcony. DS is 4 so we will be back in our room early almost every night while he sleeps. Having something we can do other than watch tv nightly, quietly make a huge difference. No way my DH will leave the door open and sit by the slider in a 2nd floor room.

There are no buses at TTC for HS, AK or Epcot (unless monorail is down). No bus from Poly to Epcot (unless the monorail is down), but we usually walk to the TTC and catch the Epcot monorail from there.
Thanks. Swore the other parks buses were at TTC too....maybe I am remembering at the parks' bus stops.

if you know, are there buses to DS at TTC?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am still going to fax only because I get nervous not being able to verify balcony request since this was through a TA. The only number I could find is:

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort (407) 824-3174

Is this correct?
Yes that is the correct FAX number for your Polynesian reservation room requests.

Just don't send your FAX early (Greater than 9 days before your arrival day) and don't expect any response to your FAX, since you were wanting to "verify" the information the TA had added to your reservation. Disney does not "respond" to FAX.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter