Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're planning our first stay at the Poly and I'm so excited about it! We've stayed around the monorail loop before (CR once and GF twice) and totally loved it, and I'm expecting to feel just as thrilled at Poly :flower1:

A couple of questions for you experts: this is our first trip with a baby, who will be 7ish months at the time of our trip. We're currently booked in a standard room but we're considering upgrading to a studio. Either way, I think baby will sleep in the bathroom (glamorous, I know. But we're trying to keep conditions similar to at home, where he sleeps in his own room). Would the added space be worth changing categories? Or will we regret the greater distance of the DVC buildings from hotel amenities/transportation? Any other factors we should consider staying at the Poly with an infant?

We're planning our first stay at the Poly and I'm so excited about it! We've stayed around the monorail loop before (CR once and GF twice) and totally loved it, and I'm expecting to feel just as thrilled at Poly :flower1:

A couple of questions for you experts: this is our first trip with a baby, who will be 7ish months at the time of our trip. We're currently booked in a standard room but we're considering upgrading to a studio. Either way, I think baby will sleep in the bathroom (glamorous, I know. But we're trying to keep conditions similar to at home, where he sleeps in his own room). Would the added space be worth changing categories? Or will we regret the greater distance of the DVC buildings from hotel amenities/transportation? Any other factors we should consider staying at the Poly with an infant?
We have yet to stay at the Poly, but we are DVC owners and have stayed in several studios. To me, they are great for traveling with an infant. My friend reported that the pack n play provided fit perfectly in the smaller bathroom too.

We have yet to stay at the Poly, but we are DVC owners and have stayed in several studios. To me, they are great for traveling with an infant. My friend reported that the pack n play provided fit perfectly in the smaller bathroom too.

Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear things worked for your friend. As a new parent, it's bizarre to say we're going to make the baby sleep in the bathroom, but anything to keep his schedule, right?!

We just did Poly studio (ground floor in Pago Pago) in Sept with our 8 month old and it was great. We didn't put the pnp in the bathroom, just tucked into the corner and it worked well. We liked having the fold down twin bed as a changing/dressing area for her. And having a ground floor room was great because we didn't have to do the elevator with the stroller constantly.

Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear things worked for your friend. As a new parent, it's bizarre to say we're going to make the baby sleep in the bathroom, but anything to keep his schedule, right?!

The only concern I would have is what happens if you need to use the bathroom? At that age, my kid slept for like 11 hours straight. (He still usually sleeps 10 hours straight.) There is no way I can go that long without using the bathroom (especially not since delivering him!).

I know everyone’s kid is different, but my son has always done fine in hotels, even being in the same room as us.

As a "not new parent" I can tell you thats not odd at all. Closets, bathrooms, hallways, large walk in showers. Whatever works and keeps them asleep.

The DVC studio is perfect for the baby in the bathroom. They have two bathrooms and the second doesn’t have a toilet, so you don’t have to lose any amenities by turning into a nursery.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Poly. We had first floor Rarotonga. I liked the location. It was close to everything. The volcano pool was cold so my DD went down the slide once and then we went to the quiet pool which was warmer. The hot tub was great. Our last night I was kept awake by what I think were frogs on the patio. They were so loud I even searched the room with my iphone flashlight. I really thought one was in the room. The room ac was cold, I even took out the daybed blanket. The hair dryer was great too. I miss the tiki torches, music and the heat! So theres my thoughts!

And having a ground floor room was great because we didn't have to do the elevator with the stroller constantly.

Ground floor sounds like a great option. Thanks for sharing, and it sounds like you had a great trip!

The only concern I would have is what happens if you need to use the bathroom? At that age, my kid slept for like 11 hours straight. (He still usually sleeps 10 hours straight.) There is no way I can go that long without using the bathroom (especially not since delivering him!).

Definitely true! Our baby actually pulls 12-13 per night (we got blessed with a sleep unicorn!). sounds like the studios will work though—one bathroom for baby, one for us. hah.

As a "not new parent" I can tell you thats not odd at all. Closets, bathrooms, hallways, large walk in showers. Whatever works and keeps them asleep.

thanks! anything to minimize disruptions to their schedules, right?

The DVC studio is perfect for the baby in the bathroom. They have two bathrooms and the second doesn’t have a toilet, so you don’t have to lose any amenities by turning into a nursery.

sounds like the perfect setup! thanks for your help :)

you’ve all convinced me that the studio is the way to go! now to convince my other half, but it really sounds like the right choice. do we need to worry about requesting a particular location or any other room details? worried about balancing low-noise and not being too remote?

if you know, are there buses to DS at TTC?
No. You will have to walk to Poly and catch the bus from there or a bus runs to DS from each of the parks beginning at 4pm each day. The buses at DS will only run back to the resorts though.

I know everyone’s kid is different, but my son has always done fine in hotels, even being in the same room as us.
there are 2 bathroom. The smaller one doesn't have a toilet

Hi everyone! Just checking to see if anyone knows of any update regarding the Tambu Lounge and its anticipated reopening date? TIA

We really enjoyed our stay at the Poly. We had first floor Rarotonga. I liked the location. It was close to everything. The volcano pool was cold so my DD went down the slide once and then we went to the quiet pool which was warmer. The hot tub was great. Our last night I was kept awake by what I think were frogs on the patio. They were so loud I even searched the room with my iphone flashlight. I really thought one was in the room. The room ac was cold, I even took out the daybed blanket. The hair dryer was great too. I miss the tiki torches, music and the heat! So theres my thoughts!

Glad you had a great time :).

The meatballs can be found at Capt. Cook’s and are excellent. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Quick question that I'm glad I thought to ask before my trip comes...should I bother requesting 2 queens or is that pretty much the standard at the Poly as it is some of the other deluxe resorts? It's just my mom and I so I'd rather not get put into a king room. We were going to be staying at AKL and in our room category people said to not bother requesting 2 queens because there were only 2 king rooms on the entire floor. Anyone have detailed info about number of king rooms compared to 2 queens at the poly, specifically pool/marina view category?

Hi everyone! Just checking to see if anyone knows of any update regarding the Tambu Lounge and its anticipated reopening date? TIA

They said it would be about a 3 month refurbishment.
Closed back in late August so my guesstimate would be late November for a reopen?

Anyone know the policy on having stuff shipped from Amazon to Poly? Is there a fee? Will bell services or the front desk hold it if it arrives before us? We usually stay Poly but this is the first time we are considering having anything shipped.

They deliver the items directly to your room! We were there is August and ordered from Prime Now and they brought it up within an hour of it arriving.

you’ve all convinced me that the studio is the way to go! now to convince my other half, but it really sounds like the right choice. do we need to worry about requesting a particular location or any other room details? worried about balancing low-noise and not being too remote?

update: booked a studio! so so excited for our first trip as a family of 3, and our first Poly stay. thanks for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts