Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone comment on what time I could reasonably expect to have a DVC rental room ready at the Poly? I haven't decided yet on requests, though 3rd floor is the only one that seems like a maybe to me. All the DVC units seem reasonably close to the GCH and transportation at Poly. I thought 3rd floor balcony might be nice for coffee in the morning, but isn't a necessity for me. If I have no requests, when do you think a room would ready? I believe check in isn't until 4:00. We will get to the resort around noon on Magical Express. I figure we will need an hour for lunch, which puts us at 1:00. We plan to head to MK around 4:00. Would love to be able to get a few things settled in our room before then. I know we can leave our carryons with bell services, if we want to go to MK before our room is ready. Just wondering what other peoples experience has been.

Thank you!

We stayed in October and we got our room ready notification at 3:13pm

I love it with a waitlist contra through. I had a broken up reservation for a week's stay in March, needing a day in the middle and one at the end. In a matter of days, both requests came through. Now I can focus on planning.

Can anyone comment on what time I could reasonably expect to have a DVC rental room ready at the Poly? I haven't decided yet on requests, though 3rd floor is the only one that seems like a maybe to me. All the DVC units seem reasonably close to the GCH and transportation at Poly. I thought 3rd floor balcony might be nice for coffee in the morning, but isn't a necessity for me. If I have no requests, when do you think a room would ready?

So I double checked my phone to see when exactly I got my room ready text for my last few DCV stays at Poly. With the exception of my first DVC stay, I’ve definitely received my room earlier in the day if I had no requests. I’ve stayed in all 3 DVC buildings and while Tokelau is my favorite, all are great...each has its own benefit (Moorea was the quietest, pretty garden view & close to TTC; Pago Pago had view of the monorail & is closest to TTC; Tokelau is closest to GCH, pool view). You have a balcony on both the 2nd and 3rd floor in all DVC buildings and a patio on the first floor, so you could sit outside & enjoy the coffee in any DVC Room. It depends on what your priority is...if it’s getting a room early, I’d go with no requests. Here’s exactly when I’ve received my room ready texts for all of my Poly DVC stays:

Oct 2017 - 10:06 am. No room requests. Advised 8am arrival.

Jan 2017 - 2:12 pm. Requested connecting rooms, first floor, Tokelau. Advised 9am arrival. Got all of my requests.

Oct 2016 - 7:47 am. No room requests. Advised 8 am arrival.

Jan 2016 - 2:39 am. Requested Tokelau. Advised 9:30 am arrival. Got my request.

Dec 2015 - 5:08 pm. No room requests. Don’t remember what the arrival time was, but I know this was the longest it took from arrival to room ready text.

Can you use luggage carts to bring stuff to your room yourself like at the values vs having to use bell services? There have been times bell services took almost an hour to bring stuff to our room. We will be driving 10 hours or more w/ an infant so we when we arrive, DH would rather unload car & get everything to the room ourselves.

My family leaves for our first trip to WDW as PVR DVC owners on Saturday morning. I miss my home so much, I can't concentrate on any of my school work for the week. All my family and I have been talking about for the last few weeks are drinking a Lapu Lapu and watching the fireworks from the beach.

Can you use luggage carts to bring stuff to your room yourself like at the values vs having to use bell services? There have been times bell services took almost an hour to bring stuff to our room. We will be driving 10 hours or more w/ an infant so we when we arrive, DH would rather unload car & get everything to the room ourselves.
Can’t speak to Poly specifically, but at BLT we were denied personal use of a cart.

Our trip isn't until after Thanksgiving but at the last minute I gave up 2 of our 4 CR nights and added a 2 night stay at the Poly. I have always always wanted to stay here but never have due to cost. I saved almost $200 by giving up a TPV CR and trading it for a lagoon Poly view :) I love resort hopping but the DH, not so much. I'm just worried I will never want to stay anywhere else ;)

According to TP room views (which I understand are not always accurate) it looks like lagoon views are located in 2 buildings....we aren't staying CL. In your opinion in, which building would be a better choice and what is everyone's experience with using TP room requests?
I would also like to know this!

I have never tried to use one, but I have only ever seen bell services using luggage carts.

My family leaves for our first trip to WDW as PVR DVC owners on Saturday morning. I miss my home so much, I can't concentrate on any of my school work for the week. All my family and I have been talking about for the last few weeks are drinking a Lapu Lapu and watching the fireworks from the beach.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Two more days! By this time Thursday we should be arriving at Poly (please DME gods have favor on us). First DVC owner stay at WDW!

Hope you are having a good time :yay:.

DW surprised me last night with an last minute getaway to Disney for Thanksgiving. This will be our first time staying at Poly. Cannot wait! :cool1:

What a nice surprise! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Have a great trip :goodvibes.

one month until we check in at the Poly! I’ve been reading through older posts on this thread and other threads about all the wonderful, unique experiences to enjoy during our stay and I’m so darn excited!

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it! Have a great trip :).

I’ve been told in the past the the luggage carts at Poly can only be used by the bell staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!