Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I'm going to the Poly on Saturday! Yikes. I'm new to all this. Haven't been to Disney since I was 3 or 4 (my parents don't remember!).

Anyway, I just did online checkin and the only option for a room request was balcony. Does that mean we have already been assigned a building? We have a standard room.

Is there any point to calling them? I really do want a balcony because we have a stroller rented from an off site service and I'm hoping to park it out there.

Before about 30 minutes ago, I hadn't worried too much about which longhouse we might be in... should I be worried?

Also, we have 3 rooms booked on separate reservations. Will they put us in the same longhouse? If we asked, would it matter?

I probably should have asked these questions a long time ago, I guess. Travel agent didn't warn us.

(I tried to do a search on this thread, but I saw a lot of fairly old results. This thread is a bit daunting. Apologies if these are commonly asked and answered.)

Thanks for any advice!

Hi All,

I'm going to the Poly on Saturday! Yikes. I'm new to all this. Haven't been to Disney since I was 3 or 4 (my parents don't remember!).

Anyway, I just did online checkin and the only option for a room request was balcony. Does that mean we have already been assigned a building? We have a standard room.

Is there any point to calling them? I really do want a balcony because we have a stroller rented from an off site service and I'm hoping to park it out there.

Before about 30 minutes ago, I hadn't worried too much about which longhouse we might be in... should I be worried?

Also, we have 3 rooms booked on separate reservations. Will they put us in the same longhouse? If we asked, would it matter?

I probably should have asked these questions a long time ago, I guess. Travel agent didn't warn us.

(I tried to do a search on this thread, but I saw a lot of fairly old results. This thread is a bit daunting. Apologies if these are commonly asked and answered.)

Thanks for any advice!
The longhouse request feature has been broken for some time now! Rooms are generally assigned 3-5 days prior to arrival, though, so yes, you likely already have an assignment. My recommendation would be to head to the front desk when you arrive and request an alternate room if you don’t like your assignment. I will say, though, that there are really no bad rooms / longhouses/ locations at the Poly!! Enjoy!!

I may have missed it in the first post but what kind of laundry detergent is acceptable at the laundry facilities? Will standard liquid detergent work or do they need some sort of high efficiency detergent?

Thanks...Im sure I will have many more questions between not and July.

We had a standard view booked at the Poly and were very pleasantly surprised when we opened the balcony doors to this view...

View attachment 373152

The reason it was classed standard was a tree growing up along side the balcony - which prevented it from being a full on water/lagoon/castle view. I had requested Aotearoa 3rd floor as my only request.
Can you see the castle? It's the opposite side, correct? Is Aotearoa a dvc?

The longhouse request feature has been broken for some time now! Rooms are generally assigned 3-5 days prior to arrival, though, so yes, you likely already have an assignment. My recommendation would be to head to the front desk when you arrive and request an alternate room if you don’t like your assignment. I will say, though, that there are really no bad rooms / longhouses/ locations at the Poly!! Enjoy!!
I'm renting from a dvc rental company and emailed them the longhouse and floor we'd like to try to get. The rental company keeps saying that it's hard to request and you won't always get what you ask for. I understand this and have been doing it forever but this is our first time renting a dvc. I guess I have to email her and then she lets the dvc member know and they put in the request but she never responded back when I put in my request through her.
Can I call the Disney DVC number and put in a request myself? Think I can just go and check in when we get there and ask for a request?

Thanks for the help

But she neverresponded back when I put in my request through her.

In our experience that's normal and does not mean they didn't add your requests.

Can I call the Disney DVC number and put in a request myself?

No you can't.

Think I can just go and check in when we get there and ask for a request?

Thanks for the help

You can try. But DVC runs at about 100% occupancy so your odds aren't good to be able to switch if you don't like your assigned Villa.

Has anyone done Aloha After Dark or crafts at Lilo’s Playhouse? I saw it in an activities list and was curious about it.

Has anyone done Aloha After Dark or crafts at Lilo’s Playhouse? I saw it in an activities list and was curious about it.

We stopped by and let DS do some dancing/hula hooping at Aloha After Dark when we were there around New Years. They had corn hole, hula hoops, maybe some other stuff. It’s cheesy fun.

They play the music pretty darn loud for the hour - so much so I found myself wondering what folks in Samoa and Niue must think (although it’s aroud dinner time so likely not too many people in their rooms looking for quiet at that time).

Keep meaning to try the crafts but always seem to miss the opportunities.

We stopped by and let DS do some dancing/hula hooping at Aloha After Dark when we were there around New Years. They had corn hole, hula hoops, maybe some other stuff. It’s cheesy fun.

They play the music pretty darn loud for the hour - so much so I found myself wondering what folks in Samoa and Niue must think (although it’s aroud dinner time so likely not too many people in their rooms looking for quiet at that time).

Keep meaning to try the crafts but always seem to miss the opportunities.
I thought they got rid of lilos playhouse?

Hi All,

Thanks for any advice!

Not telling you what to do, but there is plenty of room IN the room for the stroller. Such as the hallway towards the front of your room by the bathroom or the space were an adjoining room door would be. Or by the windows. Plenty of room, no need to worry about balcony for stroller storage. Which you probably won't want to do anyway. Might get icky or damp out there all night. As for the 3 rooms, did you not request to be near each other, or adjoining, etc?

Hi All,

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

I will say, though, that there are really no bad rooms / longhouses/ locations at the Poly!! Enjoy!!

I agree :)

Not telling you what to do, but there is plenty of room IN the room for the stroller. Such as the hallway towards the front of your room by the bathroom or the space were an adjoining room door would be. Or by the windows. Plenty of room, no need to worry about balcony for stroller storage. Which you probably won't want to do anyway. Might get icky or damp out there all night. As for the 3 rooms, did you not request to be near each other, or adjoining, etc?

We've never had a stroller, but I do agree that the Poly rooms are pretty large/spacious, so there should be plenty of room to store a stroller ;).

I may have missed it in the first post but what kind of laundry detergent is acceptable at the laundry facilities? Will standard liquid detergent work or do they need some sort of high efficiency detergent?

We will be there in July too!! The laundry facilities are really easy to use there. I'm not totally sure on the requirement for HE detergents, but we brought the little detergent pods to make traveling easier. I just put them in a ziplock bag to bring.

Last edited:

Not an answer to your question but you can find out what machines are available in laundry room before you go down there.

https://www.laundryview.com/home/4215/456961001

High efficiency compatible detergent.

SW

It’s not a child care / place to leave your kids anymore, but I ‘think’ they use that space for some of the select arts/crafts and other various activities they offer during the day and in inclement weather. I have not personally done these though.

Do you know if they have any other possible plans for the space?

I don't know if this is going to be useful or not but ints incredibly cool and creepy at the same time (but definitely more cool than creepy)...does it work on mobile devices?
OMG I love this so much! I just spent the last 5 minutes looking at the resort laundry rooms and the machines in use thinking.....come on people! Look at the time! It’s time for rope drop, not laundry!!!!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter