Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone will find it useful but I popped into Moana Mercantile over the weekend to check out the latest grocery offerings for our July trip and snapped these photos if anyone is interested.

IMG-0274.jpg

IMG-0851.jpg

IMG-1357.jpg

IMG-1612.jpg

IMG-1691.jpg

IMG-1910.jpg

IMG-2218.jpg

IMG-3656.jpg

IMG-4051.jpg

IMG-4281.jpg

IMG-6133.jpg

IMG-7475.jpg

IMG-9079.jpg

I'll be staying at the Poly for 2 (solo) nights in August -- very excited, we used to stay there all the time when my daughter was little, but it's been about 20 years now since my last visit. Since it's such a short visit and due to the fact it's been so long since my last visit, I'll just be focusing on the resort and MK. I think i'm actually more excited about the Poly then the park! My 2nd day/night will be a resort day then MNSSHP at 4. I'm having trouble trying to decide about my 1st day/night (arrival day). I'll be be arriving early and will head over to MK for the day. Keeping in mind I want to soak up as much of the Poly as I can - I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to hang around for the 3 PM parade (which I've never seen) or head back to the resort to explore and enjoy before it starts. Is the parade not to be missed? Also, I've never seen Happy Ever After and don't want to miss it. Is it worth going back to the MK for or will watching the show from the Poly beach (with a Lapu Lapu in hand) be just as magical? So much to do, so little time! Thanks for any and all of your thoughts!

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to hang around for the 3 PM parade (which I've never seen) or head back to the resort to explore and enjoy before it starts. Is the parade not to be missed? Also, I've never seen Happy Ever After and don't want to miss it. Is it worth going back to the MK for or will watching the show from the Poly beach (with a Lapu Lapu in hand) be just as magical? So much to do, so little time! Thanks for any and all of your thoughts!

I'd stay for the parade, during party season the parade actually starts an hour earlier, although I'm not 100% if that change takes effect in August or not. So if it's starting at 2pm, then I definitely think you should watch it.

The next question is a little harder, I think it's enjoyable to see HEA from either within the park or from the beach (or even the pool really). Both viewing areas have their own distinct advantages/disadvantages. You won't be able to see the projections from the Poly, but the fireworks show is just as exciting, and you can relax with a Lapu Lapu or even be in the pool and still see a decent amount. Being in the Hub and watching the projections is much more immersive, but you tend to miss the higher fireworks and it can be incredibly crowded and claustrophobic. At least as a solo traveler, it'll be easier to slip into a spot and move through the crowds. So it really just depends what your goals are.

Worst case scenario, if the parade is a 3pm and you don't get back to Poly until 4pm and you still wanted to go back for HEA at 9pm, it's still a good amount of time to relax, swim, drink. And you can always come back and go to Trader Sam's or Tambu Lounge after the fireworks too since you don't have to be up early the next day! Good luck with your decisions!

I'd stay for the parade, during party season the parade actually starts an hour earlier, although I'm not 100% if that change takes effect in August or not. So if it's starting at 2pm, then I definitely think you should watch it.

The next question is a little harder, I think it's enjoyable to see HEA from either within the park or from the beach (or even the pool really). Both viewing areas have their own distinct advantages/disadvantages. You won't be able to see the projections from the Poly, but the fireworks show is just as exciting, and you can relax with a Lapu Lapu or even be in the pool and still see a decent amount. Being in the Hub and watching the projections is much more immersive, but you tend to miss the higher fireworks and it can be incredibly crowded and claustrophobic. At least as a solo traveler, it'll be easier to slip into a spot and move through the crowds. So it really just depends what your goals are.

Worst case scenario, if the parade is a 3pm and you don't get back to Poly until 4pm and you still wanted to go back for HEA at 9pm, it's still a good amount of time to relax, swim, drink. And you can always come back and go to Trader Sam's or Tambu Lounge after the fireworks too since you don't have to be up early the next day! Good luck with your decisions!

This is good advice, in my opinion. And yes, the Festival of Fantasy parade will be at 2pm once party season starts in August.

@Lindaleeann, I don’t personally find the Festival of Fantasy parade all that much of a must see (especially in August 2pm heat), but I’m probably in the minority in that opinion. If you’re going to be in the MK at the time anyway, I’d make a point to watch it.

If this were me, since you’ll be in the MK the next night for MNSSHP (and presumably staying for most/all of the party, watching the fireworks from the park, etc), I’d probably be inclined to watch HEA that first night from Poly, enjoy the resort, etc, since you’ll have a long MK night the following night.

Hard to go wrong either way though. Have fun!

Do they play music at Poly outside for the fireworks? are the fireworks at the same time as the outdoor movie and can you see them from the movie area?

Do they play music at Poly outside for the fireworks? are the fireworks at the same time as the outdoor movie and can you see them from the movie area?

Yes, they play the fireworks music around Poly grounds. Some spots are better than others in terms of the volume.

Fireworks and movie times change throughout the year, but it is a time when the movie is playing during fireworks, they ‘should’ pause the movie in my experience, although YMMV.

I walked around during fireworks a few weeks ago one night. The fireworks audio in that fake grassy area where they play the movie is pretty good.

Hope that helps.

Yes, they play the fireworks music around Poly grounds. Some spots are better than others in terms of the volume.

Fireworks and movie times change throughout the year, but it is a time when the movie is playing during fireworks, they ‘should’ pause the movie in my experience, although YMMV.

I walked around during fireworks a few weeks ago one night. The fireworks audio in that fake grassy area where they play the movie is pretty good.

Hope that helps.
Oh good. I'm getting so excited to stay there! Only 249 more days lol

Does anyone know if the refrigerator in the DVC Studios st the Poly have a small freezer? Hoping to put an ice pack in there.

I don't know if anyone will find it useful but I popped into Moana Mercantile over the weekend to check out the latest grocery offerings for our July trip and snapped these photos if anyone is interested.

These are great! Thanks for taking the time out of your trip to take all of these pics :flower3:.

If this were me, since you’ll be in the MK the next night for MNSSHP (and presumably staying for most/all of the party, watching the fireworks from the park, etc), I’d probably be inclined to watch HEA that first night from Poly, enjoy the resort, etc, since you’ll have a long MK night the following night.

This is my thought as well ;).

Oh good. I'm getting so excited to stay there! Only 249 more days lol

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! The days will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!