Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still trying to score dinner ADRs for ‘Ohana during our stay in 22 days. Is their a concierge desk that can help resort guests get reservations? I’m frustrated I cannot get a decent ADR and I’m a guest there. Right now we have 8:30 but there’s zero chance my littles will be able to make it to dinner that late. Any other advice?

Your best bet will be the day before. Keep checking each day, you may get lucky. But you're almost guaranteed to find some time if you look the day before.

Headed back "home" in November, but hit the dreaded waitlist for the last 2 nights we had planned. I need pixie dust or we will have to switch resorts. I don't think I can convince everyone we are travelling with to split stay. UGH.

So, if any of you have waitlist stories to share, I would love to hear them.

My wait list for my October trip last year came through rather quickly. I think it was for 2 nights so I felt pretty lucky. But there are a ton of studios and people do change their plans or possibly book things speculatively then cancel before it's time to bank. I know I have just in case. Keep the hope alive for sure

Just booked our first trip “home” and 1st time staying at the Poly!! We’re so excited! We booked standard view at first but then I switched to Lake because it’s my parents 1st visit period so I want to make it as magical as possible :wizard: I was specific with our room requests(ds has sensory processing disorder so I’m trying to be as far from TTC ferries as possible in Moorea). I don’t want to push my luck and request connecting rooms, too. Does that seem like a good idea? When we stayed at BRV, there was a “scooter pen”, is there one at the Poly as well? Thanks for any input!

Just booked our first trip “home” and 1st time staying at the Poly!! We’re so excited! We booked standard view at first but then I switched to Lake because it’s my parents 1st visit period so I want to make it as magical as possible :wizard: I was specific with our room requests(ds has sensory processing disorder so I’m trying to be as far from TTC ferries as possible in Moorea). I don’t want to push my luck and request connecting rooms, too. Does that seem like a good idea? When we stayed at BRV, there was a “scooter pen”, is there one at the Poly as well? Thanks for any input!
I was in that building for NYE. The halls are wider than the regular resort buildings. I think the scooters were just in the hall?

Last which is more important , a 3rd floor or 2nd floor room with better view or connecting? Decide and request which is more important.

Happy Planning!

I was in that building for NYE. The halls are wider than the regular resort buildings. I think the scooters were just in the hall?

Last which is more important , a 3rd floor or 2nd floor room with better view or connecting? Decide and request which is more important.

Happy Planning!
I definitely think View is more important so I won’t push my luck with anything else! Thanks so much!!:flower1:

Busses will start running around 6:30, so really just a matter of personal preference.

Any input on if this is still the case? We will have a car and are considering driving from Poly to HS for EMM. I’ve heard the bus stops are abysmal right now at HS due to the gondola construction. Thoughts on the best way to get to HS from Poly for pre park opening events/ADRs?

Any input on if this is still the case?

Yup. Unless the park opens at 7AM, then they start rolling at 6:00AM.

We will have a car and are considering driving from Poly to HS for EMM. I’ve heard the bus stops are abysmal right now at HS due to the gondola construction.

In our experience, that's an exaggeration.

Thoughts on the best way to get to HS from Poly for pre park opening events/ADRs?

In our opinion, bus.

Any input on if this is still the case? We will have a car and are considering driving from Poly to HS for EMM. I’ve heard the bus stops are abysmal right now at HS due to the gondola construction. Thoughts on the best way to get to HS from Poly for pre park opening events/ADRs?
Personally, I don’t love the new walk from the HS bus stops. If I had a car, and I was going to be arriving early enough to be close to the front of the gate, I would probably drive. But again, that is just personal preference. I would also probably factor in how long I planned to stay at the park, whether I planned to leave for a midday break or park hop, etc.

Obviusly HIGHLY variable on any given moment in time, but for a real world example of bus times this was 12/31/18, 6:09am, see below.
I was personally aiming to be at DHS a few minutes earlier than this, so we took a cab.

The current temporary bus stop at DHS is a longer walk than what the new bus stop (currently under construction) will be, but it’s not totally crazy for most folks unless you have material mobility concerns, in my opinion.

Bus from Poly to DHS - 12-31-2018 609AM.png

We're super allergic to dogs and cats. Do they keep service animals in a certain longhouse? If we need to ask for a deep clean, when do we do that?

We're super allergic to dogs and cats. Do they keep service animals in a certain longhouse?

No, they can be in any room at the resort.

If we need to ask for a deep clean, when do we do that?

Call the Main Reservations Line and add a request for a VIP Cleaning of your room and state why. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. The VIP Cleaning can, and often does, push the time back that your room will be ready due to the time it takes.

We'll be in Disney over 4th of July, but not staying at Poly. I know that on the 4th you can't watch fireworks from the beach if you're not a Poly guest, but what about on the 3rd? We have a reservation for Ohana that night so just wondering if we could stay and watch the fireworks, or if I need to come up with something else to see them that night. I would really like a HEA dessert party but I think my odds of getting one now for that day are basically zero.

Well, we thought we’d be able to hold out for the 50th, but we’re coming back next May. Before I even asked my other half which resort, she yelled “omg, the Poly!” :rotfl2:

I think we might be addicts. :upsidedow

The Poly has a way of doing that to you....lol. We have loved all the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly will always be our fav! Enjoy the planning, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We'll be in Disney over 4th of July, but not staying at Poly. I know that on the 4th you can't watch fireworks from the beach if you're not a Poly guest, but what about on the 3rd? We have a reservation for Ohana that night so just wondering if we could stay and watch the fireworks, or if I need to come up with something else to see them that night. I would really like a HEA dessert party but I think my odds of getting one now for that day are basically zero.

Calling @GADisneyDad14, our resident Poly 4th (and 3rd) of July expert.

Do they do the planned morning run at the Poly like they do at a few of the other resorts? Not sure of the names, but it's a fairly short distance, like 1.5 miles or so, and is in the $15-$30 range. I'm asking on the threads of all 3 resorts we;ll be staying at, so sorry for the repetition if you follow all of the threads :P.

Do they do the planned morning run at the Poly like they do at a few of the other resorts? Not sure of the names, but it's a fairly short distance, like 1.5 miles or so, and is in the $15-$30 range. I'm asking on the threads of all 3 resorts we;ll be staying at, so sorry for the repetition if you follow all of the threads :P.

When we were there last Labor Day weekend they did a dole whip dash. I didn’t run it but it was cute.

I definitely think View is more important so I won’t push my luck with anything else! Thanks so much!!:flower1:
I just wanted to add that we were in 3rd floor moorea room 3032 and it had a fantastic view but I was woken up each morning at 6:30 with the resort boat 3 horn beep exit and the TTC ferry horns too. My family didn’t notice it bu it I hear everything.

There is a reserved spot on the beach for Polynesian guests staying club level. Anywhere else on the beach or grounds would be open to watch the fireworks after Ohana. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. My sister met me for dinner on the 3rd and she was staying elsewhere. We all watched together from the walkway behind the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter