Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the Fax number for the Poly to request a room?

I stayed in Fiji twice and love the marina views, but might be interested this time in Rarotonga for the location to the TTC. What’s the view like for Rarotonga if it faces the parking lot? Is it undesirable?

Fax – 407-824-3174

You could also consider Niue for a longhouse. It is right next to Rarotonga and shares a great location. It often gets forgotten...probably due to the fact that it is only 2 levels.

If we get a standard room view in Aotearoa facing monorail, do we also have a view of the parking lot? I hate to be picky, but we really don't want a view of parking lot.

If we get a standard room view in Aotearoa facing monorail, do we also have a view of the parking lot? I hate to be picky, but we really don't want a view of parking lot.

I was scrolling though the room views on touring plans and did not notice any pictures with parking lot views from the monorail facing side of Aotearoa. I was curious as well. If you do a satellite view on google maps, the parking lot appears to be a tad further east, so there would not be a direct view of the parking lot. Some of the views have an offset view of a building on the far west side of the parking lot. Most the views appeared to be of greenery, the monorail, and a walking path. I think you would have to crane your neck to the east and look through the greenery to catch a glimpse of the parking lot. It doesn’t appear to be a direct shot.

Last edited:

Hi everyone! I'm going to be staying at the Polynesian for my very first time in June. We have a standard room booked, and I can hardly wait. For a first timer, is there anything that you all wish someone had told you before going? I've never stayed at an MK resort, or even a Deluxe! This is a great change for me!
We love the Polynesian! One thing we found was that the smaller beach closer to the luau area (walkway towards the GF), was a nice spot to catch the fireworks from the MK. Most people are at the bigger, main beach so it was WAY less crowded. Well, it was 3 yrs ago anyway ;-)

Anyone get lots of little bites or rash like redness on their ankles at the luau? Two in our party did at the luau dinner, including myself. We believe it was sand fleas. No issues anywhere else. Yes, I know these things are all over Florida.
I had that the last time we stayed at the Poly but thought it was because of the ducks swimming in the Oasis pool.

I didn't think you were suppose to pack aerosol cans in your luggage (checked or carryon) so I assume you can buy Off spray at the gift, correct? If so, I plan on doing that.

I didn't think you were suppose to pack aerosol cans in your luggage (checked or carryon) so I assume you can buy Off spray at the gift, correct? If so, I plan on doing that.
Are you checking a bag? You can definitely check it.

We are checking one back. I didn't realize you could have aerosol cans on the plane at all! Good to know we can. I'm sure that will save some money. Thank you.

We are checking one back. I didn't realize you could have aerosol cans on the plane at all! Good to know we can. I'm sure that will save some money. Thank you.
Definitely! I just double checked the TSA website:

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 12.09.23 PM.png

Seems like checked should be fine.

The WDW stores definitely carry it though if need be. If you have an AP or DVC discount, you can also use it on it.

Is there Fujifilm for an Instax Mini 9's sold on property? I don't want to deal with carrying 10 cartridges of film through TSA since it requires no X-ray and apparently swab test each one. Other option is ship ahead and hope package doesn't get lost anything, but that means taking vacation hours at work just to ship since closest place is another city/hours I'm working.:rolleyes1

Hi everyone! I'm going to be staying at the Polynesian for my very first time in June. We have a standard room booked, and I can hardly wait. For a first timer, is there anything that you all wish someone had told you before going? I've never stayed at an MK resort, or even a Deluxe! This is a great change for me!

We had a standard room once, that we really, really didn't like (we usually book standard or garden). It had very bad mojo (don't ask).

I went to the front desk and told them we just really, really, didn't like the room. The resort was crowded but they were able to find us a new room (it ended up being garden view, and lovely). So, even though you have booked standard, don't be afraid to ask for a different room in case you aren't lovin' the one you get. :) Have a wonderful time.

I kinda want to ask.

Sorry!

Well, it had this very creepy vibe to it, like, “I’m not sleeping in this room tonight”. All three of us felt it!

Almost like a Twilight-Zone-bad-mojo-get-me-out-of-here kind of room.

Also, it wasn’t clean, but we all got out of there fast. It was in the building directly behind the check in, ground floor, facing the front parking lot.

We all felt the bad vibe (it’s usually just me who is in tune with other worldly goings on), so when my sisters felt it too, well, bye bye.

Bad mojo. (we still talk about “that room” to this day, and will never forget it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter