Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried to get in at WDW trader sams last Friday night. 45 minute wait. Opens at 3 but if you head there at 2:30 the lady at the door said you can make some kind of reservation for 3 pm. She suggested we come back on a weeknight so we headed there around 7:30 on Monday. Got it and a table opened up in about 5 minutes. It was fun. We ordered a couple of the appetizers and had a drink each. We sat with 2 other people and had a great time chatting.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's been asked before (this is a huuuuge thread!) but I was wondering if it's possible to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach and then make a 9:25 dinner at Ohana? I know the fireworks usually last 18 minutes or so but I'm not sure how long of a walk it is from the beach to the restaurant, or how crowded/chaotic it will be trying to get there after the fireworks.

Thanks!

Funny! We are eating at Homecomin’ And Wine Bar George on our next trip Aug/Sept too! It’ll be a first for us for both of those places.
On my last trip Homecomin' slayed me...that mac and cheese with the chicken and the cheddar drop biscuits forced me to skip dessert and walk around the Springs in a food coma that ended my night prematurely. Tread carefully.
As an aside if you want the best Guinness you will ever drink get it at raglan road.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's been asked before (this is a huuuuge thread!) but I was wondering if it's possible to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach and then make a 9:25 dinner at Ohana? I know the fireworks usually last 18 minutes or so but I'm not sure how long of a walk it is from the beach to the restaurant, or how crowded/chaotic it will be trying to get there after the fireworks.

Thanks!

The Poly looks a lot bigger on video and photos than it actually is, imo. Nothing is a terribly long walk there. ’Ohana is on the 2nd floor of the Great Ceremonial House, which is easily and quickly accessible from the beach. We’ve never eaten there, just the room service version, but I’d imagine you’d likely not have issues. At that time of night, most non-resort guests are probably heading for the TTC, except people hoping to get into Trader Sam’s or other ‘Ohana folks.

Thanks!
Sounds good. You can visit poly via mono or boat from MK or walk over from ttc to see the fireworks without a Dining res.

If you want a dining res keep in mind they like you 15-20 mins before your time,

Time is 4-6 mins max from beach to GCH. That’s walking slow!

Thanks for the replies! We actually do have an ADR for 9:25 but I've been checking for something a little earlier. If they want us to check in 15 minutes early I don't think we would be able to watch the fireworks and make it in time. This is our arrival day and we're spending most of the afternoon in Disney Springs, but have been debating on staying there the whole night and having supper there, or heading to the Poly to see the fireworks and eat at Ohana since we've never done that.

Thanks for the replies! We actually do have an ADR for 9:25 but I've been checking for something a little earlier. If they want us to check in 15 minutes early I don't think we would be able to watch the fireworks and make it in time. This is our arrival day and we're spending most of the afternoon in Disney Springs, but have been debating on staying there the whole night and having supper there, or heading to the Poly to see the fireworks and eat at Ohana since we've never done that.

EWP is also fun to watch from poly,

DD and I love to explore. If you get bored shopping take a boat to any of POR/OKW or SSR . Then take bus from hotel to MK . Then either mono or boat over to poly. Its so relaxing and fun!

You can also just wing it and eat at Cap Cooks and eat either outside or in.

We tried to get in at WDW trader sams last Friday night. 45 minute wait. Opens at 3 but if you head there at 2:30 the lady at the door said you can make some kind of reservation for 3 pm. She suggested we come back on a weeknight so we headed there around 7:30 on Monday. Got it and a table opened up in about 5 minutes. It was fun. We ordered a couple of the appetizers and had a drink each. We sat with 2 other people and had a great time chatting.

Good to know! I will try that! We have a couple of different nights we can give it a try, so if it doesn't work - say, for example can't get the kids out of the pool and then it's too long of a wait :rolleyes1- we can try later in the week!

EWP is also fun to watch from poly,

Can you give me any tips for specific viewing spots? I'm making my first trip to the Poly in September and my #1 excitement is being able to see the EWP. Where's the best place to see it from? And is it before or after it's seen from the GF?

I would check in first..like 8:55, let them know you are there, then head down to the beach area. Most likely they are running behind anyway, so being there 15 minutes early is a waste of time.

Can you give me any tips for specific viewing spots? I'm making my first trip to the Poly in September and my #1 excitement is being able to see the EWP. Where's the best place to see it from? And is it before or after it's seen from the GF?
You can see if from almost everywhere . The beach, boat dock, beach in between poly/gf, Gf boat dock etc.

It starts Poly, then goes to GF then over to Wl area then CR. Sometimes again at MK last.

The time it starts fluctuates based on what HEA/fireworks time is. I’d be out ready at 8:30-40 and watch for it. You can see it coming before it starts to play.

I also often ride the boat and watch from the water. I try to catch a boat from GF around 8:30p from poly 8:45p. It loops poly/MK/GF so even if you miss it stay on and ride again if needed lol.

Here is the view from the boat,

The new system here flips my pix, E685A9E6-2342-40C0-855E-EEC508C68317.jpegA649B9E5-C9DE-4DC9-A49A-9B5466AD082A.jpegCD011A2E-8EE5-4090-AE6D-F489CFB93DF8.jpegDA03886D-19AE-4321-AD9F-28334C42A01B.jpeg49281E1E-4274-47C4-AC74-9FD06D35E2D8.jpeg0A54FC58-A365-4CAB-B651-B0D3BF16C533.jpeg3FD774E3-892B-4B69-8BAD-8899366ED9AD.jpeg. Sorry

Had great boat and monorail transportation all week; used Minnie Vans on occasion when more convenient due to weather or just when we felt like it.

Just booked our first summer WDW trip -- staying at the Poly for 8 nights (thanks to my DVC points!) Going in the summer is against my better judgement but i think we will slow things down a bit and try more evenings in the park. how did you combat the heat? and rain?

Did you find any major difference between the monorail or boat transportation? one any better than the other? Sometimes it is just nice to take a relaxing boat ride vs being in the monorail like sardines.

Thanks for your review! We are looking to do a few less TS meals so we will definitely have to check out the Oasis pool bar for sure.

Just booked our first summer WDW trip -- staying at the Poly for 8 nights (thanks to my DVC points!) Going in the summer is against my better judgement but i think we will slow things down a bit and try more evenings in the park. how did you combat the heat? and rain?

Did you find any major difference between the monorail or boat transportation? one any better than the other? Sometimes it is just nice to take a relaxing boat ride vs being in the monorail like sardines.

Thanks for your review! We are looking to do a few less TS meals so we will definitely have to check out the Oasis pool bar for sure.

The boat is nice but ime not something you want to use if you have to be somewhere fast/at a specific time eg. MK rope drop. We tended to use it when returning to the park after a midday break, or at home at night if we just missed a monorail. It’s kind of a crapshoot as to which is “better”, it can depend on luck and timing. But the boat is an absolutely gorgeous ride and I definitely recommend trying to hit it at sunset at least once.

Weather is the same regardless of where you stay during summer: take it slow and easy, stay well hydrated, and listen to your body. Try to plan a midday break when the sun is most brutal. The only difference with the Poly is you have a distinct transportation advantage when trying to beat feet out of 2 parks.

Does anyone know what time the Oasis pool bar is open to? Trying to plan a dinner and want to make sure I can eat there around 6 on a Wednesday.

It used to open at 4 PM but now it opens at 3 PM and closes at 12 AM. Guests under 21 are allowed until 8 PM. You might want to swing by between 2:30 and 3 to see if there is a line. It has room for 51 guests.

ETA: Fixed AM / PM error...

Dave

Thank you!

Quick question for our upcoming trip in early September. When I stayed at Poly years ago and was taking the monorail from Poly to EPCOT, we would go to the TTC on the hotel line, then walk across the concrete walk between the two lines, and board the EPCOT monorail directly. With all the new security, do you get screened at Poly only, at TTC only, or at both? If TTC or both, does this mean going down the ramp to the bottom of TTC and then getting back in the line to go back up the ramp into the TTC? This will determine our transportation choice, so any help is appreciated.

Quick question for our upcoming trip in early September. When I stayed at Poly years ago and was taking the monorail from Poly to EPCOT, we would go to the TTC on the hotel line, then walk across the concrete walk between the two lines, and board the EPCOT monorail directly. With all the new security, do you get screened at Poly only, at TTC only, or at both? If TTC or both, does this mean going down the ramp to the bottom of TTC and then getting back in the line to go back up the ramp into the TTC? This will determine our transportation choice, so any help is appreciated.

You get screened at the Poly resort monorail station and also again at the Epcot entrance security station (an unfortunate byproduct of the way the monorail exit ramp is configured). When you transfer at the TTC, you never leave the security bubble in that area.

Note that the TTC transfer to the Epcot line requires you to go down a ramp, around, and back up another ramp - you can't just "walk across" as you did on your prior trip. The walk up/down doesn't take all that much time - sounds worse than it is in real life - but might want to keep that in mind.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter