Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is ADR day, the first big day to prepare for our trip in June. I normally wake up at 5:45am for work, but I have gotten used to sleeping in during Christmas break. I'm so glad to be doing this on a day off so I don't have to stress getting to work on time, but it won't be easy to wake up so early tomorrow while everyone else in the house gets to sleep. First world problem, right?

The restaurants on our list are: Cali Grill, Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Wave for dinner, and CRT, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe for breakfast. We have too many TS restaurants, but these are the family favorites. We are staying Club Level, so the rest of our meals will be a combination of CL Lounge food and QS.

This year the deal came out at the beginning of January. But in all honesty, this was the first year, it wasn’t much of a deal. I found the annual pass discount was roughly the same price.

Do you remember the dates for the Labor Day deal? I checked the website and the only thing I’m seeing is the first week of August and then a mid-September deal.

Tomorrow is ADR day, the first big day to prepare for our trip in June. I normally wake up at 5:45am for work, but I have gotten used to sleeping in during Christmas break. I'm so glad to be doing this on a day off so I don't have to stress getting to work on time, but it won't be easy to wake up so early tomorrow while everyone else in the house gets to sleep. First world problem, right?

The restaurants on our list are: Cali Grill, Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Wave for dinner, and CRT, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe for breakfast. We have too many TS restaurants, but these are the family favorites. We are staying Club Level, so the rest of our meals will be a combination of CL Lounge food and QS.

We have 9 TS booked for our May trip so don’t feel too bad lol. A couple of days we even doubled up. I’m sure we’ll be tweaking up until we go but it was hard cutting must do faves.

I hope you get everything you’re after. I found availability to be insanely good for early May, no issues at all. Even got BOG dinner at prime dinner hour at like 180+2.

Out of curiosity, why are you not letting CL staff book your ADRs? They have always scored our ADRs at the requested time without issue.

Out of curiosity, why are you not letting CL staff book your ADRs? They have always scored our ADRs at the requested time without issue.
This is my first time staying Club Level. Are you telling me that they will take care of all reservations? I don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn?

How do I proceed?

This is my first time staying Club Level. Are you telling me that they will take care of all reservations? I don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn?

How do I proceed?

Disney Signature Services (DSS) is effectively a pre-arrival “concierge” office for CL guests. They can do things like book ADRs, events, tours, etc. More info can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/signature-services/

To best utilize them for ADRs, you call or e-mail with your requested restaurants, dates, and times - although this is better done in advance of your 180 day mark so they can book them that day.

While it was once a more valued service in the era before being able to do them online, these days you don’t see a ton of people use them for ADR booking. Some still do of course, but many don’t like giving up control over something that is so easy to do on your own.

One “flaw” with DSS ADR booking is that the office doesn’t open until 9am and you really don’t have any control over when a CM picks up your file that day. They might get everything you want, they might not. That being said, the few reports I see these days generally report positive experiences. But many have often ‘worried’ about that time gap and have trouble giving up control. :-)

Moot point I guess since your day is tomorrow, but that’s how it works. Hope that helps.

Disney Signature Services (DSS) is effectively a pre-arrival “concierge” office for CL guests. They can do things like book ADRs, events, tours, etc. More info can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/signature-services/

To best utilize them for ADRs, you call or e-mail with your requested restaurants, dates, and times - although this is better done in advance of your 180 day mark so they can book them that day.

While it was once a more valued service in the era before being able to do them online, these days you don’t see a ton of people use them for ADR booking. Some still do of course, but many don’t like giving up control over something that is so easy to do on your own.

One “flaw” with DSS ADR booking is that the office doesn’t open until 9am and you really don’t have any control over when a CM picks up your file that day. They might get everything you want, they might not. That being said, the few reports I see these days generally report positive experiences.

Moot point I guess since your day is tomorrow, but that’s how it works. Hope that helps.
This helps a lot. I will do it myself as planned, and if I have trouble getting anything, I will contact DSS.

Thanks for helping out this CL newbie!:thanks:

This helps a lot. I will do it myself as planned, and if I have trouble getting anything, I will contact DSS.

Thanks for helping out this CL newbie!:thanks:

Well, since you said CL newbie... my unsolicited opinion (sorry!) about your ADR plan is you have a lot of ADRs, especially breakfast. Not that CL is really a meal substitute, but we had a lot of early CL trips where I’d make a bunch of ADRs like we’re all trained to do, and then found myself cancelling them right and left when there, especially breakfasts (which is the one service that legitimately can be a meal substitute for many folks).

Definitely not a one size fits all comment as we all dine in different ways, but just a thought that crossed my mind when I saw your list.

Good luck with your ADR booking. Several on your list are personal favorites of ours!

Well, since you said CL newbie... my unsolicited opinion (sorry!) about your ADR plan is you have a lot of ADRs, especially breakfast. Not that CL is really a meal substitute, but we had a lot of early CL trips where I’d make a bunch of ADRs like we’re all trained to do, and then found myself cancelling them right and left when there, especially breakfasts (which is the one service that legitimately can be a meal substitute for many folks).

Definitely not a one size fits all comment as we all dine in different ways, but just a thought that crossed my mind when I saw your list.

Good luck with your ADR booking. Several on your list are personal favorites of ours!
I agree 100%.

It is hard to accommodate everyone’s favorite restaurants. I had to talk my DD out of BOG as it is. We were originally going to get the deluxe dining plan until we got an offer in the mail to book CL in June. I think I will renegotiate with the fam tonight.

I really appreciate your input.

I agree 100%.

It is hard to accommodate everyone’s favorite restaurants. I had to talk my DD out of BOG as it is. We were originally going to get the deluxe dining plan until we got an offer in the mail to book CL in June. I think I will renegotiate with the fam tonight.

We are cutting The Wave and changing Cape May Cafe to brunch.

Good morning. I just got back from my 1st stay at the Poly. I loved the location of my room (Aotearoa - 3rd floor - booked Standard view and could almost see the castle). I loved the ease of transportation

However, I can say that the rooms need a major refresh. And every single bathroom I visited in the main building were pretty icky. Yes, you could tell they had been cleaned but the bathrooms are beyond just that - they need a refurb. Unless I got a GREAT deal, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Because I don't want to end on a downer, I did love that Capt. Cook's was open when I came back from the Christmas Party well after midnight. The staff is just so sweet. And the late night flat breads (and the ability to grab some water and chips was very welcome)

The Poly is my favorite resort overall, but I do agree that it could use a good refresh. We just got back from the CR but visited the Poly and some areas of the GCH are in need of a refurb (i.e., the elevators). Hope you had a great stay overall :).

Anyone arriving at the Poly today (Sat12/21) or early tomorrow (Sunday) that is staying over Christmas with kiddos? I’m leaving and have something to pass along. Message me please!!

Hope you had a great trip :wizard:.

We arrive with our two year old Monday the 23 at 8AM—not exactly the same time frame but if no one else reached out yet hoping to be the lucky recipient!

Hope you are having a great time :goodvibes.

Hope you got all the ADRs you wanted :wizard:.

I was up at 5:30am to prepare to do ADRs. By 6:07am, I mistakenly booked CRT for tomorrow. OMG. I should not be responsible for doing anything important at that hour.

After realizing what I did, I quickly cancelled it and proceeded to book CRT in June during our vacation. I had a very hard time booking dinners, specifically Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill, and Narcoossees. It took multiple tries on multiple days. I was surprised that every reservation required a credit card, not just CRT. It took 3 different credit cards because of fraud alerts.

As of 7:20am, I had secured everything we wanted.:dance3:

One “flaw” with DSS ADR booking is that the office doesn’t open until 9am and you really don’t have any control over when a CM picks up your file that day. They might get everything you want, they might not. That being said, the few reports I see these days generally report positive experiences. But many have often ‘worried’ about that time gap and have trouble giving up control. :-)

Glad GADisneyDad picked up the slack after I failed to reply--sage advice! I will note that I have always had very good luck with CL CMs booking my requests--then again, I typically didn't book the hard to get ADRs anyway.

I agree 100%.

You may also want to keep in mind that while at the resort those CL CMs at the desks in Hawaii (assuming that is where your accommodations are located and not the suites of Tonga) can be helpful in rearranging/canceling and sometimes scoring last minute ADRs. Don't be timid about asking for what you need. :flower1:

I was up at 5:30am to prepare to do ADRs. By 6:07am, I mistakenly booked CRT for tomorrow. OMG. I should not be responsible for doing anything important at that hour.

After realizing what I did, I quickly cancelled it and proceeded to book CRT in June during our vacation. I had a very hard time booking dinners, specifically Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill, and Narcoossees. It took multiple tries on multiple days. I was surprised that every reservation required a credit card, not just CRT. It took 3 different credit cards because of fraud alerts.

As of 7:20am, I had secured everything we wanted.:dance3:

Too funny about CRT....good thing you caught it! Glad you got everything you wanted :goodvibes.

So is that speaker new? I noticed it several weeks ago when went to visit Poly as had just bought a resale DVC Poly contract.

Yes, they are new. Not sure when they were installed exactly, a rec CM said “a few weeks ago.” They weren’t here in early November when I was here, AFAIK.

Audio has been a problem far out on the beach for awhile, but not anymore!

Aloha!!
We will be at the Poly this February!! We are renting DVC points for the first time. How comfortable is the sleeper sofa? (I am sure this has been asked before so I apologize in advance! )
Thank you!!!

We have rented a Poly studio twice and used the sleeper sofa. We could sleep on it—especially after a long day in the parks—but definitely not as comfortable as the regular bed. No one wanted the sofa bed the second time, haha, so we took turns. The small bed that pulls down is much more comfortable.

So, it will be fine if someone has to be on the sofa, but if you happen to have a mattress topper for traveling—I’d bring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!