Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question, from everything I have heard/read the walk will be approximately 1.5 miles.

To add to that- depending on when you are going I would not anticipate an opening that soon- there are multiple parts for this that need to be completed before it is usable.

To answer your question, from everything I have heard/read the walk will be approximately 1.5 miles.

To add to that- depending on when you are going I would not anticipate an opening that soon- there are multiple parts for this that need to be completed before it is usable.

1.5 miles sounds about right. I tried to do my best using google maps and got a 1.3ish estimate. Definitely a little longer than the 1.1 mile walk from beach club to hollywood studios but still seems manageable.

I should have specified that we plan to go in December of this year so I felt like it was pretty safe to assume the path would be done by then. I've been following the construction pretty closely.

Thanks everybody! It's funny, I used to always kinda just skim over CL content thinking it would never apply to me, but now I feel like I have some new homework to do. I know there a lot of CL vets on the thread so forgive me for asking a lot of silly questions. How is the Hawaii building, is it like the older longhouses where only the 1st and 3rd floors have a patio or balcony? Also location wise how convenient is it to transportation, etc? We were very spoiled in Rarotonga being right next to the GCH.

Hi all. Question about food in the poly club level. I know it’s “Asian inspired” (that’s what the CM I spoke told me), but can anyone comment on the options for people who don’t eat meat or shellfish but eat fish? We did CR CL and loved the food - lots of salmon and things like Mac and cheese for the kids. Are we going to be unable to eat most of the poly CL food? Considering switching back to CR. Thanks!

Well! I woke up to news this morning from our TA about the new discount that dropped. Unfortunately she said no discounts are available on non CL rooms for our May dates at the Poly, and we were SOL because our flights are already booked on points. But I asked her to check CL just as a gag knowing it would likely be out of our budget. Turns out with my AP it was only $550 more! So now we’re staying garden view CL!!!!!

It’s a truism around here to never say never right? I never in a million years thought we would ever stay CL. We’re so excited!! I’m just terrified we’ll like it too much and get spoiled, lol!
YAY!!! Now you have to join us on the Club Level thread!!!

Thanks everybody! It's funny, I used to always kinda just skim over CL content thinking it would never apply to me, but now I feel like I have some new homework to do. I know there a lot of CL vets on the thread so forgive me for asking a lot of silly questions. How is the Hawaii building, is it like the older longhouses where only the 1st and 3rd floors have a patio or balcony? Also location wise how convenient is it to transportation, etc? We were very spoiled in Rarotonga being right next to the GCH.

Poly CL is amazing, you will love it! Balconies are only on the 3rd floor, so you can make a request for that if you would like a balcony. I found the location of the Hawaii building to be great. It's just steps from the pool, beach, and the GCH. There are no silly questions, so if you have more, don't hesitate to ask :goodvibes.

YAY!!! Now you have to join us on the Club Level thread!!!

::yes::

It's always exciting to get the MBs in the mail!!!! That means your trip is right away the corner :cool1:.

Some sad news for the Poly community. We used to stop at her table in the lobby sometimes and buy the various necklaces and flower hair clips she would have out, but had not seen her in quite awhile.

My Fl Ohana notified us last night and asked it be kept private, so I refrained from posting. However, word must’ve got out because I saw people posted it on SM.

The resort made the decision to stop her from selling a few years ago. There’s more I could share, but don’t want to air my personal grievances about the situation.

Auntie Kau’i was a treasure, and I pray the true aloha spirit that she exemplified never dies at Poly

My Fl Ohana notified us last night and asked it be kept private, so I refrained from posting. However, word must’ve got out because I saw people posted it on SM.

The resort made the decision to stop her from selling a few years ago. There’s more I could share, but don’t want to air my personal grievances about the situation.

Auntie Kau’i was a treasure, and I pray the true aloha spirit that she exemplified never dies at Poly
very well said ! We loved seeing her at the Poly !
Watching her always made us feel so peaceful ! She had an amazing spirit and will truly be missed ! My DS8 just asked if we could write her a letter when we go in July, after I told him, and DD13 that she had passed away 😥

This did come out then? What room types does it apply to? It doesn’t seem like my planner has it:/

Some sad news for the Poly community. We used to stop at her table in the lobby sometimes and buy the various necklaces and flower hair clips she would have out, but had not seen her in quite awhile.

She was such a kind and caring woman! It was amazing how she could remember guests from previous visits...my nephew and I always used to stop and say hello to her every visit. She actually remembered his name and always greeted him with a big hug. We would sit and talk with her while waiting for the Magical Express bus when it was time for us to leave. I went back over a year after losing my nephew and she was there when I arrived and immediately called out to me asking for my nephew and when I went over to her and explained that he was gone she cried with me and insisted on giving me a lei she had made. I was amazed she still remembered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter