Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked (actually rented) DVC for 2 nights in beginning of August as an add on to our Wilderness Lodge vacation. No parks...….just the resort :earboy2: This will be our first stay at the Poly in the 10 years we've been going to Disney World. We visited this resort a bunch but this is our first stay. Hoping to get an Ohana breakfast......will definitely be watching the fireworks from the beach. My wife and I are so excited.

Doug :goofy:

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. The Poly is an amazing resort, you will love it :goodvibes.

The excitement is real.

Will be checking into the Poly tomorrow for the first time, ordering the twilight feast and spending the night at MK after hours!!

Best day ever?!

Have a great time!! :jumping1:

Anyone know why I cant find any CL rooms in Sept? I've tried several different ways and there isnt any that arent suites pulling up as available. Is there something going on?

Anyone else notice the screen with bus times rarely is ever on or functional? We stayed between 12/23-1/2 and only noticed it worked one or two days!

Hello. Has anyone booked the patio at the oasis pool? Does it provide adequate shade? Main interest is in shade by a pool please share any experience or opinions please.

Hello. Has anyone booked the patio at the oasis pool? Does it provide adequate shade? Main interest is in shade by a pool please share any experience or opinions please.
We booked two days. We had plenty of shade.

The first day we booked a full day. The fam went to AK without me and came back in the afternoon. Having it and the pool all to myself in the morning was wonderful. It was so relaxing. I enjoyed lunch and cocktails. When everybody returned, we enjoyed it together in the afternoon as the pool got more crowded. It was nice having a place to enjoy while the chairs filled up around us. The morning was my favorite part though.

The second day we booked a half day on check-out day to prolong our vacation. It was nice for about an hour until the thunderstorms came. We ended up sitting in the rain with a bunch of other people at a table at the Oasis Grill while we watched our empty patio that we weren't allowed to sit in. We never got back there except to collect our things even when the storms ended because there was still a threat of lightning. i was pretty mad.

We are considering it again in June, but I hesitate because of afternoon storms.

We arrived Christmas Eve and were in the Pago Pago building:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:

We booked a full day back in Oct 2018, on the resort day we had before going to the Halloween party that night. It ended up being a fairly overcast day but when the sun did come out there was plenty of shade. It was very relaxing, a CM will take your order for the Oasis pool bar if you want food and drinks.

In May we have another full day booked for our arrival day, since we fly in very early and our room probably won’t be ready yet. That was way before we upgraded to CL but we still decided to keep it because we don’t want to hit the ground running to MK and wear ourselves out on the first day. I’m still debating booking an additional day.

Anyone know why I cant find any CL rooms in Sept? I've tried several different ways and there isnt any that arent suites pulling up as available. Is there something going on?

Can’t rely on this info as things can change, info can be wrong, etc.... but I was told Hawaii will be closed this fall (October’ish) for room renovations. If you’re seeing long periods of no availability, that may be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter