Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main Poly beach is reserved for Poly guests on 7/4. Viewing of the show is great from Poly, in large part due to the head on angle towards the MK and the fact they also shoot off fireworks from an island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon right in front of Poly.

In the past they have had a DJ and characters on the beach in the evening. We did Poly 7/4 in 2017 and 2018 and it was tons of fun, made even better by not having to mess with crowds in the park.

This was 2018, but a list of 7/4 activities:
View attachment 467260

Pic is technically from the Hawaii longhouse, but it gives you an idea of the 7/4 fireworks view. The reserved beach viewing area is to the left of this photo.
View attachment 467261

Hope that helps!
Wow - thanks for the feedback! We were at the Boardwalk in 2017 for July 4th - I didn't think they did anything - then again, we spent the day in Epcot, before our usual afternoon swim. We had dinner at the Rose & Crown - which was a phenomenal spot for the fireworks, as they shot them over the USA pavilion.

Sounds like we will ditch the other family & watch the fireworks from the Beach!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Hi all - We have an upcoming summer trip planned and are staying at GF because we couldn't pass up the price but we've stayed at Poly a bunch of times in the past. I recently saw a vlog that showed Lilo's Playhouse being opened on limited days/times - it was a very recent video. I was under the impression that it had closed completely so I was just wondering if anyone had any information about possible openings? Thanks so much!

Hi all - We have an upcoming summer trip planned and are staying at GF because we couldn't pass up the price but we've stayed at Poly a bunch of times in the past. I recently saw a vlog that showed Lilo's Playhouse being opened on limited days/times - it was a very recent video. I was under the impression that it had closed completely so I was just wondering if anyone had any information about possible openings? Thanks so much!

Lilo's isn't a drop off type of child care situation anymore, but they do have it open for family activities. Not sure about times but I would assume they would list it in the resort activities calendar.

So excited!! I'm finally staying at the Poly for my birthday trip this summer!! I was booked into a Standard Room, but yesterday my TA contacted me and said she could get me into a Standard View Deluxe Studio for just about $300 LESS!!! I jumped at it!! I'm so looking forward to staying at the one resort I have always wanted to stay at!!!!

So excited!! I'm finally staying at the Poly for my birthday trip this summer!! I was booked into a Standard Room, but yesterday my TA contacted me and said she could get me into a Standard View Deluxe Studio for just about $300 LESS!!! I jumped at it!! I'm so looking forward to staying at the one resort I have always wanted to stay at!!!!
They are nice rooms. The second shower is great if you have 3 or 4 people. Saves a lot of time.

We love Tokelau for standard view deluxe studios. It’s got a great location and we could see the castle and fireworks from our rooms (sideways kinda view but great for a standard view). The rooms facing the oasis pool have this view, the other side of the building looks on the contemporary. Great views all around and great location.

We love Tokelau for standard view deluxe studios. It’s got a great location and we could see the castle and fireworks from our rooms (sideways kinda view but great for a standard view). The rooms facing the oasis pool have this view, the other side of the building looks on the contemporary. Great views all around and great location.

Thanks! Pretty sure that's the building I've requested on my Touring Plans request based on the pictures!!

Looking at the recreation calendar, I can’t figure out which nights they roast marshmallows. It is just nights where “campfire” is listed? We stayed at the GF last year and it had it every night.
Anyone know how often they have the marshmallow roasting? (We like to bring our own fixings for s’mores!).

That is exactly why I like to use a Travel Agent. When we stayed at the Contemporary, she found a deal and upgraded us to a high tower room from the garden wing. The views were spectacular.

That is exactly why I like to use a Travel Agent. When we stayed at the Contemporary, she found a deal and upgraded us to a high tower room from the garden wing. The views were spectacular.

Same here. Even when they don't have their agency exclusive rates, my TA is always looking at discounts and comparing for me. I never would have thought to look at CL availability for our May trip because my mind immediately thinks of that as "out of reach". But she pointed it out the discounts and it was 100% doable. I know some people don't like TAs because they like to be in control of everything, but a good one will take the client's lead. All I do with mine is give her the payment info, I still do all the planning but she's like having someone to keep an eye on things.

Lilo's isn't a drop off type of child care situation anymore, but they do have it open for family activities. Not sure about times but I would assume they would list it in the resort activities calendar.
Yes, it's listed on the current poly recreation calendar. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 6-8pm they're open for families to enjoy together. Not a drop off.
Great! Thanks so much! I appreciate the quick response.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay as well as getting a discount. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!