Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we were supposed to leave for WDW after work tomorrow after two years of planning😭; so now we wait to be able to book our next trip for June 2021 and the plan is to stay at Poly...we've wanted to stay there since we ate at O'hana for breakfast ten years ago. This will be a sixteenth birthday trip for DD and we want her to take a friend with us on this trip, though she doesn't know that yet.

Now I have to figure out how to make it through a week and a half "staycation" at home. Should I look at our old WDW pictures & videos or not? Will it make my happy or sad? Looking forward to learning a lot from this board over the next year and hoping that we'll be able to make next years trip.

I am so sorry! I can't imagine how disappointing that must be to deal with.

We are going to book for June 2021 as well, a split with YC and half at the Poly - and we're staying there for the same exact reason as you! We've wanted to stay since eating at Ohana for dinner 10 years ago on our honeymoon!

Here's hoping things will be back to normal in a year for our trips! And I hope your staycation is still a relaxing and enjoyable time!

enhance

I’m a TA and this is the first year I’ve earned and got to use my discount. We are also a family of 6 including a 2 year old.

We were originally schedule for a split stay at POP and CR last week but when the closures happened I looked for other options. I asked my step kids where they would want to stay if we could stay anywhere and their response was CR and the Poly.

I’ve never seen the Poly offered with a TA rate, except for club level, but when I saw it I jumped on it. Then I found 2 night at CR. Both rooms will be theme park view.

it’s always been my dream to stay at the Poly but any regular time it is way out of our price range. And now once my 2 year old turns 3 in September we would need 2 rooms which is even pricier.

When I booked theme park views I imagined watching fireworks at night or the water parade. And eating at our favorite restaurant Ohana which would be just steps away. Unfortunately those aren’t in the cards, well Ohana might be.
But I’m just excited to stay here.

Oh, and the best part, the kids think we are staying in POP. And if POP doesn’t open and they find out I’ll tell them we got moved to OKW or something. I can’t wait to surprise them!

Just checking in to see if there are any POLY folks hanging in there for July? Right now we're still planning on going July 19th-26th---anyone else?

Please keep us posted. I'm trying to sneak down there for Labor Day weekend if and when booking opens back up. I'm having the dole whip shakes!

We cancelled. And I'm trying to decide about my September trip. It's a longer one at 6 days, 7 nights and I borrowed from next years DVC points to do it since I was able to use half of our points from this year in February already.

So now I'm thinking of shortening it and cancelling the part using this years points and banking them for next year. Not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet.

We just put in an offer for a DVC contract at the Poly... So excited!!! Now we are just waiting for RoFR!
I dreamed of staying there when I stepped in the resort for the first time two years ago - can’t believe it might soon be an option!!
What is the one thing you would want to tell a first timer about the Poly? (Hidden gems, personal favorites, tips and tricks...)
Right now with everything that’s going on it just seems surreal to think of Disney world, but it really helps to have something else to focus on!!

We just put in an offer for a DVC contract at the Poly... So excited!!! Now we are just waiting for RoFR!
I dreamed of staying there when I stepped in the resort for the first time two years ago - can’t believe it might soon be an option!!
What is the one thing you would want to tell a first timer about the Poly? (Hidden gems, personal favorites, tips and tricks...)
Right now with everything that’s going on it just seems surreal to think of Disney world, but it really helps to have something else to focus on!!

I hope your contract comes through. My advice would be get the Twilight Feast. A unique experience only had as a Poly guest, it’s Ohana room service but at a lower price.

Also, take in at least one sunrise there. Most beautiful place to do it on property imo.

I hope your contract comes through. My advice would be get the Twilight Feast. A unique experience only had as a Poly guest, it’s Ohana room service but at a lower price.

Also, take in at least one sunrise there. Most beautiful place to do it on property imo.
Thanks for the tip - I just googled it and it looks AWESOME! Now I am hungry for some dumplings 😋

I love the atmosphere at the Poly. It’s my favorite resort. I can get Tonga Toast. Captain Cooks is 24/7. Trader Sam’s is a fun place to go and you’re on the monorail. I can keep going

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter