Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question, is being GM of “Polynesian Villas & Bungalows” different than being GM of the resort side? Or is it usually the same? Valerie is new since January, at least on the resort side. Not sure how all that works with the villas though.
That’s a great question! I don’t know the answer.

@MomOTwins
I got that email for an early August stay at animal kingdom (different GM name). The email makes it sound like we just checked in. Lol, I went and double checked on the DVC site to make sure I hadn't messed up one of our reservations! Odd thing is it's a split stay and animal kingdom is our 3rd leg...nothing from the other 2 yet. Maybe it's just going out to August ressies?
Well... now that we know resort and ticket reservations are going live tomorrow, I suspect that the weird email was a result of them resetting their system to allow new reservations. Hoping to pick up an extra couple of days on my tickets to make up for the water parks being closed. Going to be another "fun" day of battling long phone waits and/or website crashes.

In case anyone doesn't know yet, Disney quietly dropped a 40% AP discount for stays arriving until 9/30. Since my Labor Day plans got hosed by the quarantine order I'm going to rebook my Poly trip for later in the month and hope for the best. But if you're going definitely check to see about your reservation, the prices are nuts.

We just left the Lava pool and the slide is definitely running. We had a blast!
Yay!! This is great news.

We can't wait to be there! September seems so near and so far off all at the same time, especially this year! All the videos I'm watching from AP Previews are making me feel so much better about keeping our trip.

In case anyone doesn't know yet, Disney quietly dropped a 40% AP discount for stays arriving until 9/30. Since my Labor Day plans got hosed by the quarantine order I'm going to rebook my Poly trip for later in the month and hope for the best. But if you're going definitely check to see about your reservation, the prices are nuts.
I asked my travel agent for pricing in late July/early August today under the AP discount and it appears, at least at that time, the Poly isn't part of the discount (neither are the two Wilderness Lodge DVC resorts).

I asked my travel agent for pricing in late July/early August today under the AP discount and it appears, at least at that time, the Poly isn't part of the discount (neither are the two Wilderness Lodge DVC resorts).

Interesting. I just checked again for giggles and those seem to be the only DVC not included.

Interesting. I just checked again for giggles and those seem to be the only DVC not included.
That seemed to be the case from the prices I received. Contemporary theme park view was the most attractive option to me, even if the fireworks aren't happening. Would have loved to see a discount on a 2br at Copper Canyon. We lucked into a room at a good price there for a few nights just when it opened, and it was amazing.

It might be because there is no availability due to all the other guests that Disney has relocated in the short term.

Dave
There's availability for some of the rooms at Poly Villas, Copper Canyon, and Boulder Ridge, just at regular price - no discount. You can find it searching from the Disney World main page.

We arrived this evening and the Poly looks beautiful: perfect weather, tiki torches lit, castle illuminated. The Great Ceremonial House is quiet, but there are plenty of guests on the grounds, at quick service & pools. Feels relaxed yet lively. Movie under the stars was The Goofy Movie. Rode the Lava Pool's waterslide twice before the pool closed. Here are the pool hours:

Lava Pool: 11am - 9pm
Oasis Pool: 7am - 11pm

So excited! cancelled my CBR reservation....booked a split stay 3 nights at POP preferred pool room and 5 nights at Poly! With AP Discount I saved $900!!! By the time I use my AP with discount off a few meals my AP will have paid for itself! 40% off Poly discount😊
Plan to use skylines while at POP to visit ECOT and HS.

We arrived this evening and the Poly looks beautiful: perfect weather, tiki torches lit, castle illuminated. The Great Ceremonial House is quiet, but there are plenty of guests on the grounds, at quick service & pools. Feels relaxed yet lively. Movie under the stars was The Goofy Movie. Rode the Lava Pool's waterslide twice before the pool closed. Here are the pool hours:

Lava Pool: 11am - 9pm
Oasis Pool: 7am - 11pm
Oooh, sounds lovely.

So excited! cancelled my CBR reservation....booked a split stay 3 nights at POP preferred pool room and 5 nights at Poly! With AP Discount I saved $900!!! By the time I use my AP with discount off a few meals my AP will have paid for itself! 40% off Poly discount😊
Plan to use skylines while at POP to visit ECOT and HS.

Congrats on snagging a discount! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Can anyone report back on your experience traveling from the Poly to the parks for the Passholder preview days? I’m anxious to hear how the process worked. Thanks!

Can anyone report back on your experience traveling from the Poly to the parks for the Passholder preview days? I’m anxious to hear how the process worked. Thanks!

I watched a live stream today and the blogger walked from GF to Polly and then to the TTC to catch the monorail. So I assume that the resort monorails aren't running yet. I believe they are scheduled to start running tomorrow.

I'll be a first-timer in August! We were upgraded from AKL to a Poly Lagoon view. Is anyone familiar with where I may be located on the property? I'd love to be closer to the main building but the Lagoon view seems fantastic on its own!

We just booked a lagoon view and it doesn’t seem there are many to select from. I know I do not want a second floor room because I want either a full balcony or patio. I wish I could find more pictures of the views from these rooms. I would love to see a picture of the actual patio. If you find any please share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter