Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will be my final few questions to help me choose! I recently discovered that the Poly is only a few points less than a 1 bedroom Boardwalk Villa.

So I have to choose between a 1 bedroom w a kitchen and washer and dryer. Or a Studio with none of that but a monorail, better food and fireworks view.

We are a family of 5, 3 kids (12,10,6) so super worried about feeling crammed. And also worried that the Poly is a "hectic and busy" resort. I don't want to wait in a long line for a coffee or food. And coming back from the parks to another busy place

Please give me your input Poly vets!

Hopefully this will be my final few questions to help me choose! I recently discovered that the Poly is only a few points less than a 1 bedroom Boardwalk Villa.

So I have to choose between a 1 bedroom w a kitchen and washer and dryer. Or a Studio with none of that but a monorail, better food and fireworks view.

We are a family of 5, 3 kids (12,10,6) so super worried about feeling crammed. And also worried that the Poly is a "hectic and busy" resort. I don't want to wait in a long line for a coffee or food. And coming back from the parks to another busy place

Please give me your input Poly vets!
Not an expert but with a Poly studio you have 2 bathrooms for showering purposes in the morning. The one bd at Boardwalk definitely has more moving around space, though...and a private bd for the adults. But we love the Poly....of course BWV are pretty nice and a good location for walking to DHS and Epcot. Ni would make my decision based on what park you will frequent the most.

Not an expert but with a Poly studio you have 2 bathrooms for showering purposes in the morning. The one bd at Boardwalk definitely has more moving around space, though...and a private bd for the adults. But we love the Poly....of course BWV are pretty nice and a good location for walking to DHS and Epcot. Ni would make my decision based on what park you will frequent the most.
Thank you!!! Life changing decisions.....you know 😉

Lol, YES!

I was there in July and I was actually kind of bummed because the smell seemed less / lacking.

But I was there for a bit this past weekend and it smelled wonderful!

Something about scents and good memories / places, just always triggers good things.
I was at the Poly in mid July and also thought the lobby smell was rather faint at times during the day. I just chalked it up to people constantly going in and out but that may have had nothing to do with it.

Will be back there MLK weekend and are looking forward to the one of a kind smell and hoping for Trader Sam's mug availability. In July they were out of all of the mugs with the exception of the plastic pearl one.

I leave for "home" on Tuesday! So excited...
We have a grocery delivery scheduled and can't seem to get Sugar Free Pear Red Bull. Anyone have any recent experience purchasing Red Bull at the resort? Flavors? Prices?
TIA!

I was at the Poly in mid July and also thought the lobby smell was rather faint at times during the day. I just chalked it up to people constantly going in and out but that may have had nothing to do with it.

Will be back there MLK weekend and are looking forward to the one of a kind smell and hoping for Trader Sam's mug availability. In July they were out of all of the mugs with the exception of the plastic pearl one.
I have to say, I've stayed at the Poly quite a few times and visited even more, and I have never noticed a distinctive smell! I don't know if my sense of smell is not great or what. I always mean to make a point of noticing for a smell, but then always forget. I will also say that I bought the Poly scented air freshener from Magic Candle company, and while it was a nice scent that I enjoyed it didn't smell like the Poly to me. I guess I was hoping that while I didn't think I remembered a scent I would open that air freshener and suddenly realize I did remember and be taken right back to the Poly, but that didn't happen lol. Same with the BC. Everyone raves about the lobby smell, and I've never noticed anything in particular, and that one I did remember to try to take notice.

Off topic... I understand that GM, Victor Yordan is retired/retiring. We had corresponded in September via email and met in person during my visit, but an email to him this week bounced back. He had an assistant GM or another title, who I also met and her name is Justine. I had both of their business cards for to contact them in the future, but unfortunately lost my wallet on my way home from vacation. Does anyone know Justine's last name or her email address? Feel free to message me in private. I really wanted to get a message to Victor, but don't know if he is gone or his emails are restricted. I'd like to try and reach Justine.

Thanks if anyone is able to help. :)

We’re going down in early 2022; it’ll be my... 12th visor or so? But we’re taking down my Mother in law, Father in law, Brother in law and his wife. I think we’ve landed on the Poly; has anyone had much trouble securing 3 studios next to or very near each other? Especially staying/renting DVC.

We’re going down in early 2022; it’ll be my... 12th visor or so? But we’re taking down my Mother in law, Father in law, Brother in law and his wife. I think we’ve landed on the Poly; has anyone had much trouble securing 3 studios next to or very near each other? Especially staying/renting DVC.
We own at Poly and have 3 studios reserved next June for an extended family trip. I booked right at the 11 month mark with no issue...but then needed to bump our dates by a week around the 8 month mark and again, no issue! They linked all 3 reservations together to help ensure that we are close, but of course there’s no guarantee. However, if you book the same type of studio (standard vs lake view) there’s a good chance your rooms will be close to each other.

I agree on the food, it’s probably my favorite thing about the Poly. It’s just so different and unique compared to other resorts. You get tired of seeing the same burgers, fries, nuggets on QS resort menus. But even the burgers at the Poly are not the same old, same old. We love the Hawaiian/Pan-Asian American flavors served. And we never had a bad meal during our stay. If I ate nothing but those Thai Coconut Meatballs the rest of my life I’d be perfectly happy with that. Way back in the planning stages last year, I was fearful about all the macadamia nuts due to my tree nut allergy. But it was so easy to avoid them, and I never felt deprived or like I was missing out or limited in any way.

Thank you for sharing about your allergy! My son also has a TN allergy and I’ve been a little worried Poly may be a little more tricky than other resorts when it came to that.

Thank you for sharing about your allergy! My son also has a TN allergy and I’ve been a little worried Poly may be a little more tricky than other resorts when it came to that.

No problem! You definitely have nothing to fear. One story really stuck out. I’d forgotten to tell private dining about my allergy when we called to order the Twilight Feast. The CM brought everything up, and we started digging into the bread...then my gf looked horrified when she buttered it. We totally forgot the butter had macadamia nuts. She tasted it just to be sure (she jokes and calls herself the beefeater for a princess) and sure enough, it was. So I called PD back and let them know. That same CM literally went all the way back to get plain whipped butter for me and took the other stuff away, apologizing profusely even though it was totally my fault for not informing them. We gave him an extra good tip.

I leave for "home" on Tuesday! So excited...
We have a grocery delivery scheduled and can't seem to get Sugar Free Pear Red Bull. Anyone have any recent experience purchasing Red Bull at the resort? Flavors? Prices?
TIA!

I can't help with your question, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Speaking of food... coming back from my long weekend at Beach Club made me realize just how spoiled we were by the food options at the Poly last year. If you’re tired and want a quick bite at the resort, there are no shortage of options, all of which are high quality and have a variety of menu items outside burgers, fries, and basic sandwiches. The Oasis pool bar alone is better than a lot of QS in the parks and other resorts.

I enjoyed my stay at BC a lot, don’t get me wrong, but could never do a week long trip there because of that. Sometimes you don’t feel like walking to Epcot, dealing with security etc just to get a bite to eat. I’m super excited that we’re booked for 10 days at the Poly next year as opposed to the 8 we stayed last year. We wanted to build in more resort time.

The Poly chefs go above and beyond when it comes to allergies. At 'Ohana, the chef sat down next to our friend with a large variety of allergies, and she had custom-made food for both breakfast and dinner.

You're welcome :).

Speaking of food... coming back from my long weekend at Beach Club made me realize just how spoiled we were by the food options at the Poly last year. If you’re tired and want a quick bite at the resort, there are no shortage of options, all of which are high quality and have a variety of menu items outside burgers, fries, and basic sandwiches. The Oasis pool bar alone is better than a lot of QS in the parks and other resorts.

I enjoyed my stay at BC a lot, don’t get me wrong, but could never do a week long trip there because of that. Sometimes you don’t feel like walking to Epcot, dealing with security etc just to get a bite to eat. I’m super excited that we’re booked for 10 days at the Poly next year as opposed to the 8 we stayed last year. We wanted to build in more resort time.

I agree. I've enjoyed my stays at the BC/YC/BWI and will definitely return for short stays, but I also find more variety/options at the Poly ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!