Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We experienced our first stay at the Poly for 3 nights (Saturday, Sunday & Monday of Thanksgiving week). It was AMAZING!!!

When we landed, I got the room text...and I was very disappointed because the room started with a "2" and I knew that meant no balcony. We were in Raratonga...which was one of my first choices. So that made me happy. I realize now that the balcony didn't matter at all. It was still nice being able to open up the sliding doors to feel the weather and get some fresh air. We didn't miss the balcony at all. My #1 request was a quiet, non-connecting room. And that was met perfectly...our room was very quiet. With the exception of the people above us walking around when they got back at around 10:00 p.m. each night. But it didn't last long and wasn't excessive.

Raratonga was the best location. In 2 minutes we were in the Great Ceremonial House. I couldn't believe how quickly we got to MK each morning. We would leave our room at 7:00 and be at the gates by 7:15...CRAZY! There was never a line at the security/bag check in the morning. And we hopped onto an empty monorail and then BAM...we were there! One day we took the monorail back (too long, hot and crowded for me) and the next day we took the boat (much more pleasant, although maybe took the same amount of time?).

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare (10 minute walk from the Poly) and at Ohana. We also had breakfast at Kona on our check-out day. 1900 Park Fare and Kona were average. Ohana was outstanding. And we had Dole Whips from the Pineapple Lanai every day too.

Housekeeping was great. I called them every morning when we left and asked for cleaning before lunch time. Every day when we got back, our room was cleaned. The rooms are definitely a little tired and are need of a refresh. But nothing was dirty or broken...just worn out.

No one was in the mood for swimming (even though the weather was gorgeous)...so we never even saw the pools. And despite my plans to watch the EWP and the fireworks from the beach, we were asleep each night before 9:00!

I guess we'll have to go back to the Poly one day!

So I've got a question for y'all, I noticed last month at Epcot that they finally solved the security conundrum and the new entrance is within the perimeter so no more double security for monorail guests. But I saw that the TTC is kind of a mess with construction too, did they change the walking path from the Poly because of it?

Hi everyone!
We recently booked 2 studios at Poly through Dave's, they couldn't secure a 3rd room for us (no more availability for our travel dates) so we're going the direct method via the WDW site for that additional room. Since we want the rooms to be fairly close to each other, are the DVC rooms the ones with the single queen bed and the queen-size pull-out sofa with small table? In other words, when I book online, I'm going for the Poly Villas and Bungalos and not the Poly Village Resort, is that correct?

Hi everyone!
We recently booked 2 studios at Poly through Dave's, they couldn't secure a 3rd room for us (no more availability for our travel dates) so we're going the direct method via the WDW site for that additional room. Since we want the rooms to be fairly close to each other, are the DVC rooms the ones with the single queen bed and the queen-size pull-out sofa with small table? In other words, when I book online, I'm going for the Poly Villas and Bungalos and not the Poly Village Resort, is that correct?

Correct!

So I've got a question for y'all, I noticed last month at Epcot that they finally solved the security conundrum and the new entrance is within the perimeter so no more double security for monorail guests. But I saw that the TTC is kind of a mess with construction too, did they change the walking path from the Poly because of it?

It’s sort of adjusted a bit there at the end, but not materially. It still dumps you out towards where tram guests get off to go through security.

There is construction fencing next to the walking path but it was still fully accessible during our trip in Mid November. I wonder if the good security folks at Epcot heard my complaints in January about the double screening lol? I am all for security but that was not well thought out at all. Thankfully it is now fixed.

There is construction fencing next to the walking path but it was still fully accessible during our trip in Mid November. I wonder if the good security folks at Epcot heard my complaints in January about the double screening lol? I am all for security but that was not well thought out at all. Thankfully it is now fixed.

The double screening was really unfortunate but the end result of the change to security procedures. They weren’t thinking about “soft targets” when Epcot security was first designed. Expanding the perimeter out was why they had to do it that way. Changing up the entrance was what fixed it, and I knew they probably would once the park overhaul started. I’m relieved because doing it twice was a massive PITA during our Food & Wine trip last year.

When is your trip? That would really affect what you're doing on your Epcot day imo. We will be hitting up food booths at lunch for one of ours, but have a QS backup because we're going during Flower & Garden and I don't find enough booths there to make a meal the way I do during Food & Wine. We also have a TS dinner planned at Garden Grill. Also, Woody's Lunchbox has great food but the seating situation is a horror show, enough to make us skip it next time. And if you're going there during the day, any time besides winter, the heat is oppressive. I was just down there on a quick solo trip and was going to try breakfast there because it wasn't too crowded and it was cool, but opted for a Ronto Wrap instead.

My one suggestion would be to make sure to bake in resort time. That was the one regret we had from our first Poly stay last year and it's why we extended next May's trip by two more days. Also, Trader Sam's is not really full meal type food per se, more like a light tapas menu, so you may want to supplement that with something else (possibly Capt Cook's).
I am a teacher so we can only travel in June. I have never been to WDW any other time of year.

I like it! We really liked The Wave and your day 4 of Epcot snacking around the World, I really like. We will be there next week and it'll be Festival of the Holidays. We plan on making that our dinner one night....trust me, I've found plenty to fill me up with those food booths! I'm not too sure about food at Trader Sams, can you get in there if you are under 21? Maybe up to a certain time of the day but after that, I'm pretty sure it's a bar, isn't it? Make sure you try Ronto Roasters.....they are very good and filling!
We cant wait to try Ronto Roasters, especially for breakfast!

Good morning. I just got back from my 1st stay at the Poly. I loved the location of my room (Aotearoa - 3rd floor - booked Standard view and could almost see the castle). I loved the ease of transportation

However, I can say that the rooms need a major refresh. And every single bathroom I visited in the main building were pretty icky. Yes, you could tell they had been cleaned but the bathrooms are beyond just that - they need a refurb. Unless I got a GREAT deal, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Because I don't want to end on a downer, I did love that Capt. Cook's was open when I came back from the Christmas Party well after midnight. The staff is just so sweet. And the late night flat breads (and the ability to grab some water and chips was very welcome)

Anyone arriving at the Poly today (Sat12/21) or early tomorrow (Sunday) that is staying over Christmas with kiddos? I’m leaving and have something to pass along. Message me please!!

Anyone arriving at the Poly today (Sat12/21) or early tomorrow (Sunday) that is staying over Christmas with kiddos? I’m leaving and have something to pass along. Message me please!!
We arrive with our two year old Monday the 23 at 8AM—not exactly the same time frame but if no one else reached out yet hoping to be the lucky recipient!

Hello, Poly Folks!

It’s been a few years since my last Poly stay, but I’m planning a return trip this summer over on the DVC side of the resort. I have a renter lined up and she’ll be checking availability for me at the 7-month mark, which is in about two weeks. If there is availability, I’d like to give her some room requests to add to the reservation. I’d like to request the DVC building that is closest to the Oasis Pool. What is the name of that building? Would this be an okay request:
1. Building closest to Oasis Pool
2. Pool view
3. Upper floor.
Are three requests too many? Are there any other requests I should consider? I’m only booking standard view and am trying to avoid a parking lot view, but if that’s what I get, at least I’ll be at Disney. ❤️

TIA!

Hello, Poly Folks!

It’s been a few years since my last Poly stay, but I’m planning a return trip this summer over on the DVC side of the resort. I have a renter lined up and she’ll be checking availability for me at the 7-month mark, which is in about two weeks. If there is availability, I’d like to give her some room requests to add to the reservation. I’d like to request the DVC building that is closest to the Oasis Pool. What is the name of that building? Would this be an okay request:
1. Building closest to Oasis Pool
2. Pool view
3. Upper floor.
Are three requests too many? Are there any other requests I should consider? I’m only booking standard view and am trying to avoid a parking lot view, but if that’s what I get, at least I’ll be at Disney. ❤

TIA!

The building you want is Tokelau. Technically, request #1 is part of request #2, as only Tokelau has pool view villas. I'd suggest you shorten it to

#1 Pool view
#2 upper floor

Make sure you list them in the order or preference. If the assigner cannot match both requests, you want to give them a hint as to which is more important. If upper floor is more important than a pool view, list that first.

And while, yes there are some DVC villas that look out over the parking lot, those rooms also have views of the monorail. So they're not really bad at all.

Steve

The building you want is Tokelau. Technically, request #1 is part of request #2, as only Tokelau has pool view villas. I'd suggest you shorten it to

#1 Pool view
#2 upper floor

Make sure you list them in the order or preference. If the assigner cannot match both requests, you want to give them a hint as to which is more important. If upper floor is more important than a pool view, list that first.

And while, yes there are some DVC villas that look out over the parking lot, those rooms also have views of the monorail. So they're not really bad at all.

Steve

Great information! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!