Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2

We'll be at the CR then too......9/30-10/3 :goodvibes.

Same here! GF will try to join me for that weekend and we are thinking about taking my little cousin...the poor kid was supposed to graduate high school this month and she's been totally despondent about missing the ceremony and prom due to the virus. So we want to treat her to something nice.

We will def. try to hit the Poly on that trip too. I need my lapu lapu! Maybe we should have a DIS meetup, a lot of us will be there that weekend.

How important is it to book the room only reservation at the 499 day mark? With our trip not until late 2021 I am not sure if I should book a room only when we get to 499 days which would be mid-July or wait until packages are released if they end up being released after that day? Is next year different since it is the 50th Anniversary of MK?

How important is it to book the room only reservation at the 499 day mark? With our trip not until late 2021 I am not sure if I should book a room only when we get to 499 days which would be mid-July or wait until packages are released if they end up being released after that day? Is next year different since it is the 50th Anniversary of MK?

499 is usually never important. The one exception is if you plan on a theme park view at a monorail resort for the actual 50th anniversary date, which is 10/1/21. Those became available last week for trips starting 9/30 and a lot of people (self included) jumped on that. If that's the category you want at the Poly and that's the time you want to go, book sooner rather than later because those rooms will fill up fast, especially now that CR TPV is virtually sold out for that weekend. If you're going later than that, I wouldn't worry about it.

They do have the basic packages available for 2021 right now. If you know exactly where you want to stay you don't lose anything by booking so early. Right now new reservations are not available though due to yesterday's announcements.

499 is usually never important. The one exception is if you plan on a theme park view at a monorail resort for the actual 50th anniversary date, which is 10/1/21. Those became available last week for trips starting 9/30 and a lot of people (self included) jumped on that. If that's the category you want at the Poly and that's the time you want to go, book sooner rather than later because those rooms will fill up fast, especially now that CR TPV is virtually sold out for that weekend. If you're going later than that, I wouldn't worry about it.

They do have the basic packages available for 2021 right now. If you know exactly where you want to stay you don't lose anything by booking so early. Right now new reservations are not available though due to yesterday's announcements.
Excellent information. For us it really is just being able to stay at the Poly, room view isn't as important if it means getting to stay here. 😃

Same here! GF will try to join me for that weekend and we are thinking about taking my little cousin...the poor kid was supposed to graduate high school this month and she's been totally despondent about missing the ceremony and prom due to the virus. So we want to treat her to something nice.

We will def. try to hit the Poly on that trip too. I need my lapu lapu! Maybe we should have a DIS meetup, a lot of us will be there that weekend.

I hope your GF is able to join you. I'm sure your cousin would love to go. Not much can make up for no prom and not having a graduation ceremony, but going to Disney for its 50th anniversary would come close :goodvibes.

A DIS meet would be fun as it does look like a lot of Disers will be there then :).

DH and I are finally going for it and planning our dream trip - a split stay with YC and the Poly - June 2021 for our anniversary. :love: We've never stayed at a MK resort before, though we've visited the Poly every trip and absolutely love it. YC is another great love of ours, though, so we can't give it up completely, hence the split stay.

After researching split stays, we're planning to book a package at YC and then a room only reservation for the Poly for the second half of our trip. Is there an advantage to booking it ASAP? We just want a standard room. How fast do those disappear, usually? (Knowing full well that nothing about this current situation is "usual...") I know standard views at some of the other deluxes go pretty fast. Can we even book 2021 right now? I know they've shut 2020 booking down.

DH and I are finally going for it and planning our dream trip - a split stay with YC and the Poly - June 2021 for our anniversary. :love: We've never stayed at a MK resort before, though we've visited the Poly every trip and absolutely love it. YC is another great love of ours, though, so we can't give it up completely, hence the split stay.

After researching split stays, we're planning to book a package at YC and then a room only reservation for the Poly for the second half of our trip. Is there an advantage to booking it ASAP? We just want a standard room. How fast do those disappear, usually? (Knowing full well that nothing about this current situation is "usual...") I know standard views at some of the other deluxes go pretty fast. Can we even book 2021 right now? I know they've shut 2020 booking down.

YAY! That sounds like a fantastic split.

Right now nothing is bookable regardless of timeframe. I would book as soon as they open up again though, Poly standard does not book up nearly as fast as like, Garden Wing CR, but I have a feeling a lot of people are pushing trips back to spring/summer 2021. Prior to the moratorium on new reservations a fair number of people seemed to be rebooking for next summer, myself included, and I’ve noticed more and more people saying they intend to do so ever since Disney announced the reopening restrictions the other day. Tbh I almost feel like Disney wants people to do it.

Pandemic aside, I’m the sort that books as soon as I know my dates and I’m able to do so, holding off doesn’t really make sense to me since I always have a specific resort in mind.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Booking early allows you to get exactly what you want, so it is a good idea to do it as early as possible. With that said, Disney isn't doing any bookings right now, but I'd book as soon as reservations open up again. Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

I'm so excited about my upcoming stay at the Poly...we were to go on a Med cruise but you can guess what happened to that. I still had the time off work, and decided to book something in the hopes the parks would be ready for us. The price was right, and a heckofa better price than the refunded cruise lol. Its been my dream to stay there since i was a kid, i wanted so badly to go down that volcano slide, and you can bet your pixie dust i will be doing it now!

I'm so excited about my upcoming stay at the Poly...we were to go on a Med cruise but you can guess what happened to that. I still had the time off work, and decided to book something in the hopes the parks would be ready for us. The price was right, and a heckofa better price than the refunded cruise lol. Its been my dream to stay there since i was a kid, i wanted so badly to go down that volcano slide, and you can bet your pixie dust i will be doing it now!

You will love the Poly! The pool/slide is my favorite of all of the deluxe resorts. The tropical surroundings are beautiful and relaxing and it doesn't get any better than having a distant view of the castle across the lagoon :cloud9:. Hope you have a great trip!

YAY! That sounds like a fantastic split.

Right now nothing is bookable regardless of timeframe. I would book as soon as they open up again though, Poly standard does not book up nearly as fast as like, Garden Wing CR, but I have a feeling a lot of people are pushing trips back to spring/summer 2021. Prior to the moratorium on new reservations a fair number of people seemed to be rebooking for next summer, myself included, and I’ve noticed more and more people saying they intend to do so ever since Disney announced the reopening restrictions the other day. Tbh I almost feel like Disney wants people to do it.

Pandemic aside, I’m the sort that books as soon as I know my dates and I’m able to do so, holding off doesn’t really make sense to me since I always have a specific resort in mind.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Booking early allows you to get exactly what you want, so it is a good idea to do it as early as possible. With that said, Disney isn't doing any bookings right now, but I'd book as soon as reservations open up again. Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

Thank you both! I am SO excited, even though it’s a year away, which I guess is pretty crazy! But, oh well! I’ve been looking at pictures and watching video tours of the Poly on YouTube, which is making me even more excited.

I think I’ve read that we can’t book packages for 2021 until they’re open online (usually the third week of June I think, but this year who knows). Can we just book a room only for YC for the first half and then change it to a package on the phone later? (When all this opens up, of course.)

Right now, the plan is 5 nights at each resort to allow for plenty of time to enjoy the resorts!

Also (last question for now, sorry!), if Disney eventually releases discounts for the summer, is it easy to modify a room only reservation to get the discount? I’ve done it with a package, so I know that’s easy. I also know the Poly only usually gets about 15% off with the summer discount, but I certainly wouldn’t refuse it if we could get it.

Last edited:
Thank you both! I am SO excited, even though it’s a year away, which I guess is pretty crazy! But, oh well! I’ve been looking at pictures and watching video tours of the Poly on YouTube, which is making me even more excited.

I think I’ve read that we can’t book packages for 2021 until they’re open online (usually the third week of June I think, but this year who knows). Can we just book a room only for YC for the first half and then change it to a package on the phone later? (When all this opens up, of course.)

Right now, the plan is 5 nights at each resort to allow for plenty of time to enjoy the resorts!

Also (last question for now, sorry!), if Disney eventually releases discounts for the summer, is it easy to modify a room only reservation to get the discount? I’ve done it with a package, so I know that’s easy. I also know the Poly only usually gets about 15% off with the summer discount, but I certainly wouldn’t refuse it if we could get it.

When reservations are available again, you'll have to call Disney to book for June 2021. Your options would be to either book a room only reservation or a "basic package", which is functionally similar but makes it easier to add tickets and dining (if/when that returns). Typically packages for the following year are released in mid June but it's unknown if that will still happen as normal given the situation. If you want the YC reservation to be a package I would suggest asking for that basic package option.

When reservations are available again, you'll have to call Disney to book for June 2021. Your options would be to either book a room only reservation or a "basic package", which is functionally similar but makes it easier to add tickets and dining (if/when that returns). Typically packages for the following year are released in mid June but it's unknown if that will still happen as normal given the situation. If you want the YC reservation to be a package I would suggest asking for that basic package option.
Great! Thank you for the info! :) Now we just wait for reservations to open up again...

Well, we were supposed to leave for WDW after work tomorrow after two years of planning😭; so now we wait to be able to book our next trip for June 2021 and the plan is to stay at Poly...we've wanted to stay there since we ate at O'hana for breakfast ten years ago. This will be a sixteenth birthday trip for DD and we want her to take a friend with us on this trip, though she doesn't know that yet.

Now I have to figure out how to make it through a week and a half "staycation" at home. Should I look at our old WDW pictures & videos or not? Will it make my happy or sad? Looking forward to learning a lot from this board over the next year and hoping that we'll be able to make next years trip.

Well, we were supposed to leave for WDW after work tomorrow after two years of planning😭; so now we wait to be able to book our next trip for June 2021 and the plan is to stay at Poly...we've wanted to stay there since we ate at O'hana for breakfast ten years ago. This will be a sixteenth birthday trip for DD and we want her to take a friend with us on this trip, though she doesn't know that yet.

Now I have to figure out how to make it through a week and a half "staycation" at home. Should I look at our old WDW pictures & videos or not? Will it make my happy or sad? Looking forward to learning a lot from this board over the next year and hoping that we'll be able to make next years trip.
Do whatever helps. I will be going through the same thing in three weeks. We were going to be staying at the Polynesian Club Level. We had awesome restaurant reservations. First class flights. Private car to and from the airport.

Yesterday I went on YouTube and “rode” a bunch of my favorite rides. Right now it’s fine. On June 24th that might upset me. I take it as it comes these days.

I woke up with a toothache a couple days ago where I have an old root canal. I’m going to the dentist tomorrow (not what I ever want to be doing, but especially now during a pandemic.) I will probably be having oral surgery soon. If we were going on our trip, this would have been a real complication since it’s multiple procedures over the course of weeks.

I really wasn’t supposed to go to WDW this month. Sometimes it's just not meant to be.

Last edited:

If it helps at all, I was in that same position last month, and it does get easier once you get past your original trip dates and you're not so tempted to do the "I would have been doing ______ right now" thing. I still took the days off work and all that changed at that time was not logging into remote access lol. I watched resort tours and vlogs like I always do. Now I'm in full looking forward to next year mode and I'm not even a little sad.

You're welcome! A year seems like a long time, but it will be here quick and you'll be heading to the World before you know it :goodvibes.

I'm sorry about your trip. Sounds like a great birthday trip for your DD! I hope you are able to reschedule and things go as planned for next summer :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!