Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked a lagoon view and it doesn’t seem there are many to select from. I know I do not want a second floor room because I want either a full balcony or patio. I wish I could find more pictures of the views from these rooms. I would love to see a picture of the actual patio. If you find any please share :)

Touring Plans has views on the room finder on the site, just keep in mind that the categories are very outdated and sometimes they have rooms labeled as one type when they're really another.

Touring Plans has views on the room finder on the site, just keep in mind that the categories are very outdated and sometimes they have rooms labeled as one type when they're really another.
I scoped that out for hours last night. It is so hard to tell what a patio in Tuvalu looks like from those pictures. I hear it has a drop off and is very close to the water. Also some people zoom in and it looks like an amazing view of the castle but then in another photo of the same room you can barely see a castle lol.

I watched a live stream today and the blogger walked from GF to Polly and then to the TTC to catch the monorail. So I assume that the resort monorails aren't running yet. I believe they are scheduled to start running tomorrow.
On the theme park board someone posted images showing that resort monorail begins resort stops at 7am but noone will not be dropped off at the magic kingdom stop until 8:30 (so really only meant for breakfast at another monorail resort before then). Boat launches are also running starting at 8:30.

Can anyone report back on your experience traveling from the Poly to the parks for the Passholder preview days? I’m anxious to hear how the process worked. Thanks!
We just checked out of the Poly today. For AP preview, we walked the pathway to the TTC & then took the express monorail to MK. Today (general public opening), we just took the resort monorail directly to MK.

We just checked out of the Poly today. For AP preview, we walked the pathway to the TTC & then took the express monorail to MK. Today (general public opening), we just took the resort monorail directly to MK.

When you exited the monorail today was it the same as before? Or do they have a different setup? I'm trying to envision where the temp check is in relation to the bag check area. Thanks :)

When you exited the monorail today was it the same as before? Or do they have a different setup? I'm trying to envision where the temp check is in relation to the bag check area. Thanks :)
The temp check & bag check is inside the Poly on the 2nd floor, just inside the doors leading to the monorail. They check your temp, then ask you to walk through the metal detector with your bag, reminding you to remove major metal items.

If the beeper goes off, they'll do an actual bag search & check you with the wand. Happened to me at TTC because the guy told me to carry my umbrella through, & of course the metal detector went off due to the metal in it. The guy apologized afterward- said he'd thought it was something else when I'd tried to set it aside. It was no big deal.

The temp check & bag check is inside the Poly on the 2nd floor, just inside the doors leading to the monorail. They check your temp, then ask you to walk through the metal detector with your bag, reminding you to remove major metal items.

If the beeper goes off, they'll do an actual bag search & check you with the wand. Happened to me at TTC because the guy told me to carry my umbrella through, & of course the metal detector went off due to the metal in it. The guy apologized afterward- said he'd thought it was something else when I'd tried to set it aside. It was no big deal.

Good, I was hoping it was at the resort, that definitely makes the most sense to me. Did they have you put your phone and stuff in a plastic bag? I saw that was happening at the TTC but wasn't sure it was the same for the resorts.

Good, I was hoping it was at the resort, that definitely makes the most sense to me. Did they have you put your phone and stuff in a plastic bag? I saw that was happening at the TTC but wasn't sure it was the same for the resorts.
We did not have that happen. My phone stayed in my bag.

Somewhat surprised how crowded both pools were this evening after a lengthy shower/storm and only the DVC side of the resort open. It wasn’t overly crowded, but there were plenty of people around, if that makes sense. With little to do in the evenings, I suspect this is the result. Also a Saturday, a travel and perhaps non-park day for some guests.

Does anyone know if the cabanas starts the Oasis pool are open and able to be booked? We are staying next weekend and called and was told they will be roped off but I saw pictures that did not look that way.

Does anyone know if the cabanas starts the Oasis pool are open and able to be booked? We are staying next weekend and called and was told they will be roped off but I saw pictures that did not look that way.
They were as of last week. Check out my post here for details:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3398524/post-62093960
If they do not change the procedure before then you will not be able to reserve prior to the day of your rental. The phone CMs did not have any of this info for me in advance.

Can’t figure out the Poly resort boat situation, FWIW. It’s not running in the AM for park opening today, but seems to be put in service at some point during the day (at least it was the last two days). It does not stop at GF (the boat dock is behind the NBA bubble) and has been just one boat back/forth from MK to Poly.

First Poly resort boat showed up today at 10am, FWIW.
I know we've had situations in the "before times" (what my DH calls pre-covid times) where the boat didn't show up until later in the morning and we were directed to use the monorail instead (and on one occasion, bus to MK when both boats and monorail were not operating). I think it has to do with weather conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!