Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, as of right now, standard rooms are not available if I am looking at room only deal prices, but if I am looking at normal price, standard rooms are available.

This started when I got a PIN in my email today which is actually offering 25% off values instead of the 20% off values like the current room-only promotion.

I now have 3 deal options when booking online - "Come back to the Magic" (This is the PIN that I activated), "Late Winter" (Room Only), and "Stay, Play, Dine."

And like I said, standard rooms are not available unless I am viewing normal prices with no promotion. With a promotion selected, only Standard Pool View, Preferred, and Preferred Pool View are available.

This is for both of the date ranges I checked which was the last week of January and the first week of February.

If I am forced to select Standard Pool View, can I still request 50's building lake view? I don't want pool view :).

Weird, as of right now, standard rooms are not available if I am looking at room only deal prices, but if I am looking at normal price, standard rooms are available. This started when I got a PIN in my email today which is actually offering 25% off values instead of the 20% off values like the current room-only promotion. I now have 3 deal options when booking online - "Come back to the Magic" (This is the PIN that I activated), "Late Winter" (Room Only), and "Stay, Play, Dine." And like I said, standard rooms are not available unless I am viewing normal prices with no promotion. With a promotion selected, only Standard Pool View, Preferred, and Preferred Pool View are available. This is for both of the date ranges I checked which was the last week of January and the first week of February. If I am forced to select Standard Pool View, can I still request 50's building lake view? I don't want pool view :).

They allot a certain number of rooms for discounts so it sounds like your dates are only available in the standard category at rack rate, and the discounted rooms are all booked.

They allot a certain number of rooms for discounts so it sounds like your dates are only available in the standard category at rack rate, and the discounted rooms are all booked.

Now when I check, I can get the standard room for the public room-only discount, but my pin discount still only shows everything other than standard room. I guess I better grab it with the public room-only discount.

Edit: And I take that back. I had the offer in my cart but now it's already unavailable again.

We flipped a coin between Pop and POFQ and Pop won :) I'm started to get very excited about visiting, still ages away though.

I guess I better go and read everything I can about Pop :cool1:

Now when I check, I can get the standard room for the public room-only discount, but my pin discount still only shows everything other than standard room. I guess I better grab it with the public room-only discount. Edit: And I take that back. I had the offer in my cart but now it's already unavailable again.

I would grab what you can, then you can always call and switch it if something opens up down the road. Good luck!

First time at Pop. Usually stay PORS. Heading to the MNSSHP on Oct 24. What is the best standard room area to request? We want to be away from the pool and a lake view would be nice. Don't mine a walk either.

We will be at POP tomorrow :cool1: 20 hours till we leave :cheer2:
Have a few last minute things to do tonight but not much. DS picked 70's section, highest floor when we did online check-in, hopefully we'll get the requests. We do have preferred room too. DS hopes to walk out of the room and have the Mickey phone in his face :rotfl2: not sure why! I'm going to try and stay focused at work today, but I can't make any promises :hyper:

So excited for all of you getting ready to be there at Pop! Also jealous haha! It's an estimated 380 days until we get to come "home" to Pop. I could cry about it I want to be there so bad. Was there in October last year so feeling the Disney blues at not being there this year. If we had the money I'd leave tonight lol!

woooo hoooo march 22-28 @ POP!!!!! we are driving from Indiana

We will be there then, too! Flying from MN, though.

First time at Pop. Usually stay PORS. Heading to the MNSSHP on Oct 24. What is the best standard room area to request? We want to be away from the pool and a lake view would be nice. Don't mine a walk either.

I suggest backside of 50's...might be building 3?? I don't know them by number. Or 70's.

We will be at POP tomorrow :cool1: 20 hours till we leave :cheer2: Have a few last minute things to do tonight but not much. DS picked 70's section, highest floor when we did online check-in, hopefully we'll get the requests. We do have preferred room too. DS hopes to walk out of the room and have the Mickey phone in his face :rotfl2: not sure why! I'm going to try and stay focused at work today, but I can't make any promises :hyper:

We were there two weeks ago in a standard room. My only request was top floor. We ended up with top floor, 70's building overlooking the foosball table and the Mickey phone!!! It was a great location!!! Super close to the main building and the buses. Good luck with your request and have a magical trip!!!

The 70's buildings are a good choice, my last stay at Pop we stayed in building 6. (Mickey Phone) it is a good central location without worry about being right next to a pool. I don't remember the exact room number we had, but we had a 4th floor room near the back of the building with a nice lake view of AOA.

I'm so jealous of/excited for all of you with upcoming trips! I was really missing Pop and WDW in general this morning, so I was listening to some park soundtracks on YouTube - it just made it worse! Thanks everyone for keeping these Pop threads going so I can live vicariously through you!

We are booked and patiently waiting for October 2015... staying here, so I love reading all, the stuff you have posted!! Thanks so much! :cool1:

29 days to go for us! It will be our 3rd time staying at Pop and my in-laws first trip. We can't wait to get there!! :cool1::cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!