Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We watched a movie at AofA probably 3 years ago or more when we stayed at Pop. At that time it was shown in the gated pool area. We told a CM we were there to see the movie and we were let in. We didn't have swimming suits on or anything. I wonder if it's now on the grass to keep us Pop people out of the pool area.

Yes, the location changed sometime between June 2013 and June 2015. I just mentioned the location it was in for our last 2 visits because if someone is walking over from Pop, they wouldn't see it if they were looking for it around the pool area. You have to walk around the corner of the Nemo building to notice it.

Thanks @dansdad @bluezy and @Disneylover99 !

Trying to figure out what to do on our arrival day (a Wednesday). As the only night with MK EMH part of me wants to go to that and pay for an extra day on out 5 day tickets, part of me wants to go to Disney springs, and part of me wants to just stay at resort and relax.

Trying to figure out what to do on our arrival day (a Wednesday). As the only night with MK EMH part of me wants to go to that and pay for an extra day on out 5 day tickets, part of me wants to go to Disney springs, and part of me wants to just stay at resort and relax.
I would do Disney Springs and relax at the hotel. I am going for nine days abut have a seven day ticket so we don't feel like we are missing the parks on the day we want to go to Disney Springs.

We watched a movie at AofA probably 3 years ago or more when we stayed at Pop. At that time it was shown in the gated pool area. We told a CM we were there to see the movie and we were let in. We didn't have swimming suits on or anything. I wonder if it's now on the grass to keep us Pop people out of the pool area.
I think what they have done is optimized the hotels since they are within walking distance, They alternate dates except on the weekend. I think this was planned so both can visit each other. Makes sense since both of them are so close to the bridge.

I think what they have done is optimized the hotels since they are within walking distance, They alternate dates except on the weekend. I think this was planned so both can visit each other. Makes sense since both of them are so close to the bridge.
I guess they let the AofA guests into the Pop pool area now to watch the movie.

There are no grocery stores in between Pop and DS. The only option I know of at all is the Speedway gas station, but having never been there no sure what they carry and the overpriced grocery store at the shopping strip at the end of the roas with all the DS hotels called:
Goodings
Crossroads Plaza
S.R. 535 & I-4
Phone: 407-827-1200
Hours: Monday – Sunday; Open 24 hours a day
Map: Goodings (look for the yellow shopping basket)
www.goodings.com

I recommend a grocery delivery service if you want choices without he hassle of driving very far offsite to find a Publix or similar store.

This is an easy one, for me at least. Night time EMH at MK, hands down. The evening EMH are my favorite time to be at MK. Its one of the things that we always plan for on our trip.

Thinking about a 15 night stay at Pop next summer (decided to extend a bit for July 3&4 fireworks and to get annual passes). Anyway we have stayed at Pop before and like it but just want to hear how it is for longer stays like this. Will love the new beds and room style I know but just want to hear how it is for longer stays. (Getting passes with waterpark access too so the basic Pop pools will be ok)

Thinking about a 15 night stay at Pop next summer (decided to extend a bit for July 3&4 fireworks and to get annual passes). Anyway we have stayed at Pop before and like it but just want to hear how it is for longer stays like this. Will love the new beds and room style I know but just want to hear how it is for longer stays. (Getting passes with waterpark access too so the basic Pop pools will be ok)
We stayed 17 days last year at Pop (of course 3 of those were unplanned from Hurricane Matthew) but anyways, we adored our trip! We love Pop, and we loved it just as much on the long stay as the short. Probably more because I felt like we actually got to experience the resort more as everything was at a slower pace that trip since we had so much time.

We are a family of four and have had several two week stays at Pop. Love it! I really have no complaints. :)

Our Lakeview rooms have been so peaceful. We've enjoyed Pop over many of the moderates and deluxe resorts we've stayed at.

There are no grocery stores in between Pop and DS. The only option I know of at all is the Speedway gas station, but having never been there no sure what they carry and the overpriced grocery store at the shopping strip at the end of the roas with all the DS hotels called:
Goodings
Crossroads Plaza
S.R. 535 & I-4
Phone: 407-827-1200
Hours: Monday – Sunday; Open 24 hours a day
Map: Goodings (look for the yellow shopping basket)
www.goodings.com

I recommend a grocery delivery service if you want choices without he hassle of driving very far offsite to find a Publix or similar store.

Thank you. We really only need very few things so since we have a car figured we'd pick them up ourselves. Seems the closest Publix is 15 mins away which could be a bummer. Will check our goodings. Thanks!

Bumping my question....anyone?
There are a couple of Publix within a few miles of Pop. We have a car, and that's where we go to get snacks and liquor. If you don't have a car, the Uber should be less than $10 each way (definitely worth it). They do sell liquor in the Pop gift shop, but you are way better of stocking up at Publix.

Thank you. We really only need very few things so since we have a car figured we'd pick them up ourselves. Seems the closest Publix is 15 mins away which could be a bummer. Will check our goodings. Thanks!
It is only about 10 minutes.. we just go before we check in and stock up for the week.

We will be arriving at Pop Century August 19th. My boys (11&12) and I are traveling with my father and his girlfriend. Our travel agent put a request for connecting rooms when we made our reservations. We booked a Standard Pool View so I know we will either be by the computer pool or bowling pin pool. I did online check in and put in 80s sections in hopes of getting a new room but when all is said and done connecting rooms is still our main request. Does making a request during online check in cancel out any that have been made earlier on the reservation? Not sure if I should take the request off our online check in and just hope for a new room since if the 80s rooms open, as the schedule has shown, our chances should be 50/50. I just don't want to lessen our chances of the connecting rooms (which I know is not guaranteed) by making another request apart from what our TA put in for us. Thank you in advance. Getting so close now, just a month.

Not that you asked, but for me, it would depend on what time you arrive that first day and what you plan to do the next day. For us, we arrive around noon; have lunch at the resort; do some unpacking and settling in; and then we head to Epcot for a few hours -- arriving there around 4:00. We have our FP's scheduled for 4-5:00; 5-6:00, & 6-7:00 (or somewhere around there). We have a CS dinner there as well. We usually try to get back to the resort by 9:00 and get in a quick swim before getting to bed by 10:30. Then we hit the ground running with a rope drop the next morning. I'm a *huge* fan of having a ticket for arrival day and just making a casual visit to a park for a few hours. It's really handy to visit a park that has FP tiers as you can knock out a Tier 1 ride that day.

That being said, if we were arriving late and wouldn't be able to get to a park until late evening *and* had plans for a rope drop/long day the following day, I'd probably just head to Disney Springs for dinner or just hang out at the resort that night. If we were sleeping in a little the next morning or just had a short day planned I'd be heading to MK that arrival night to enjoy the evening EMH. I'm a big fan of those as well...especially when they go until 2:00 a.m.

Not that you asked, but for me, it would depend on what time you arrive that first day and what you plan to do the next day. For us, we arrive around noon; have lunch at the resort; do some unpacking and settling in; and then we head to Epcot for a few hours -- arriving there around 4:00. We have our FP's scheduled for 4-5:00; 5-6:00, & 6-7:00 (or somewhere around there). We have a CS dinner there as well. We usually try to get back to the resort by 9:00 and get in a quick swim before getting to bed by 10:30. Then we hit the ground running with a rope drop the next morning. I'm a *huge* fan of having a ticket for arrival day and just making a casual visit to a park for a few hours. It's really handy to visit a park that has FP tiers as you can knock out a Tier 1 ride that day.

That being said, if we were arriving late and wouldn't be able to get to a park until late evening *and* had plans for a rope drop/long day the following day, I'd probably just head to Disney Springs for dinner or just hang out at the resort that night. If we were sleeping in a little the next morning or just had a short day planned I'd be heading to MK that arrival night to enjoy the evening EMH. I'm a big fan of those as well...especially when they go until 2:00 a.m.

Our flight is scheduled to land at around 2pm. MK had 10p-12a emh that night (which is what I'm leaning to). It's the only MK evening emh during our trip and I love the place at night. It would just mean adding a ticket to our 5 day tickets while we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter