Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our flight is scheduled to land at around 2pm. MK had 10p-12a emh that night (which is what I'm leaning to). It's the only MK evening emh during our trip and I love the place at night. It would just mean adding a ticket to our 5 day tickets while we are there.

You should be there early enough to spend several hours at MK. Totally worth the $20 to add an extra day. And it's easy enough to do. I love MK at night.

Not that you asked, but for me, it would depend on what time you arrive that first day and what you plan to do the next day. For us, we arrive around noon; have lunch at the resort; do some unpacking and settling in; and then we head to Epcot for a few hours -- arriving there around 4:00. We have our FP's scheduled for 4-5:00; 5-6:00, & 6-7:00 (or somewhere around there). We have a CS dinner there as well. We usually try to get back to the resort by 9:00 and get in a quick swim before getting to bed by 10:30. Then we hit the ground running with a rope drop the next morning. I'm a *huge* fan of having a ticket for arrival day and just making a casual visit to a park for a few hours. It's really handy to visit a park that has FP tiers as you can knock out a Tier 1 ride that day.

That being said, if we were arriving late and wouldn't be able to get to a park until late evening *and* had plans for a rope drop/long day the following day, I'd probably just head to Disney Springs for dinner or just hang out at the resort that night. If we were sleeping in a little the next morning or just had a short day planned I'd be heading to MK that arrival night to enjoy the evening EMH. I'm a big fan of those as well...especially when they go until 2:00 a.m.

That's exactly what we do too. Our previous 2 stays (2011 and 2013) were at the Swan Dolphin, so we really loved that walk to Epcot. After getting situatedand a little rest, we'd head strait to Sunshine Seasons, ride Soarin and the Land. Since we stayed at POP last month, we though about hitting another park instead, but it just didn't feel right not going to Epcot and riding Soarin or first night at WDW.

Our flight is scheduled to land at around 2pm. MK had 10p-12a emh that night (which is what I'm leaning to). It's the only MK evening emh during our trip and I love the place at night. It would just mean adding a ticket to our 5 day tickets while we are there.

I agree with @bluezy, it's well worth it! If you love MK at night and it's the only night it's available, than I think you have your answer.

But you don't have to go inside the pool fence to watch the movie. Unless something had recently changed.
I just assumed the area where they show the movies would be in the fenced area. The last time I stayed there they were in the process of fencing around the pool and the movies were on the grass.

Wow, good to know. I thought that maybe they only did cots at moderates.

You may wish to find out if cots are still available. I read recently that they are no longer available.

Also, not sure a cot would fit in the refurbished rooms once they're all complete.

Just didn't want you to count on one if they're no longer available st a Pop.

Last March, the Pop movies were on the pool deck, so in the pool gated area. We sat on pool chairs that were set up for us. Since the Pop pool isn't locked, AOA folks could easily walk in to watch the movie. They can't swim of course.

Last March, the Pop movies were on the pool deck, so in the pool gated area. We sat on pool chairs that were set up for us. Since the Pop pool isn't locked, AOA folks could easily walk in to watch the movie. They can't swim of course.
Ok, thanks! I didn't realize the gates at Pop aren't locked. So, it sounds like the movies are in their usual place near the pool. :)

Visiting in early December, 2017 - staying at Pop Century (standard room) , and my daughter and her family are booked at Art of Animation - Lion King suite. Wondering how big the resort is? Thinking that we will want to use the bridge to walk between the resorts, and wondering what requests I should put in for, if any? Thanks in advance!

Visiting in early December, 2017 - staying at Pop Century (standard room) , and my daughter and her family are booked at Art of Animation - Lion King suite. Wondering how big the resort is? Thinking that we will want to use the bridge to walk between the resorts, and wondering what requests I should put in for, if any? Thanks in advance!

It is quite possible to walk between these two locations although there are a number of unknowns at this point.

Normally I would recommend requesting a room in the 60's section to be closest to the bridge but there is a very good possibility that the 60's section could be mid-refurbishment in December so not available.

You may wish to requests a 70's room for a refurbished room or, a 50's room for a non-refurbished room.

The other unknown is how the Gondola construction might affect availability of the bridge at different times. It is believed the bridge will be closed at times while the construction takes place but I am not aware of any published dates for this yet.

Sorry for the unclear answer but there is lots of exciting construction happening to make Pop an even better resort for the future!

It is quite possible to walk between these two locations although there are a number of unknowns at this point.

Normally I would recommend requesting a room in the 60's section to be closest to the bridge but there is a very good possibility that the 60's section could be mid-refurbishment in December so not available.

You may wish to requests a 70's room for a refurbished room or, a 50's room for a non-refurbished room.

The other unknown is how the Gondola construction might affect availability of the bridge at different times. It is believed the bridge will be closed at times while the construction takes place but I am not aware of any published dates for this yet.

Sorry for the unclear answer but there is lots of exciting construction happening to make Pop an even better resort for the future!

Oh gosh, I chose Pop Century because of the fact that they had the bridge to connect the two resorts. That will be a huge disappointment if it can't be used! Thanks for the info though!

Staying for 2 nights in a POP preferred room for a last minute trip August 19-21....which building should I choose??

Any bottled water for sale in the Pop shops these days? Water is really the only thing we need in the room but we don't need forty dollars worth (minimum order from Garden Grocer). I know people say Amazon can deliver to the resort via mail, but I would just as soon just buy it at the resort even if it is inflated. (And no, we will not have a car so the buy it at the Hess station option doesn't work for us).

Thanks in advance!

Any bottled water for sale in the Pop shops these days? Water is really the only thing we need in the room but we don't need forty dollars worth (minimum order from Garden Grocer). I know people say Amazon can deliver to the resort via mail, but I would just as soon just buy it at the resort even if it is inflated. (And no, we will not have a car so the Buy it at the Hess station doesn't work for us).

Thanks in advance!

A case of water was recently reported at $6.99 but you have to ask a CM and if they say they don't have them be persistent as for a supervisor.

Need some advice. I will be at Pop for my son's 9th birthday and am trying to figure out the best way to get a cake. I will be traveling with 17 people so need a bigger cake then the celebration cakes at the food court. Would I be able to order a cake at the nearest Publix and have it delievered? If so, would the front desk be able to refrigerate cake until we are ready to serve it. Thanks for the help.

Considering a stay in mid-November. Have never stayed at Pop Century before. What building(s) are recommended for quick bus stop access? We are early risers and late arrivers. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter