Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this! After many, many trips to WDW we are doing the DDP for the first time in a few weeks - I wasn't sure how this worked either!
I love the dining plan! Dh and I use those mugs like crazy when we are at the resort. Our favorite thing to get is the blue Powerade!

I love the dining plan! Dh and I use those mugs like crazy when we are at the resort. Our favorite thing to get is the blue Powerade!

I'm excited to try it out! We have maxed out our TS credits with character dining and are happy to have BOG breakfast for one of our QS meals... DD7 is a little eater so we will have an interesting time using her credits - she'll mostly eat things that are snack credits. we may use her QS credits to buy 3 snacks at a time type of thing. We love the mugs too - we have a split stay as we are flying in later int he day our first day - so that is a room only at Pop - we figured we didn't need the dining cost for that added day when we will be there only for a quick dinner at Pop before heading to bed - so the next morning we will check out and check in to our new reservation with the DDP and get our mugs then before we head off to DHS for the day. Praying that we won't have to switch rooms but are prepared to do it if we must! Hopefully they will be able to tell us when we check in our first night whether or not we will have to switch rooms so we can pack/unpack accordingly.

I'm excited to try it out! We have maxed out our TS credits with character dining and are happy to have BOG breakfast for one of our QS meals... DD7 is a little eater so we will have an interesting time using her credits - she'll mostly eat things that are snack credits. we may use her QS credits to buy 3 snacks at a time type of thing. We love the mugs too - we have a split stay as we are flying in later int he day our first day - so that is a room only at Pop - we figured we didn't need the dining cost for that added day when we will be there only for a quick dinner at Pop before heading to bed - so the next morning we will check out and check in to our new reservation with the DDP and get our mugs then before we head off to DHS for the day. Praying that we won't have to switch rooms but are prepared to do it if we must! Hopefully they will be able to tell us when we check in our first night whether or not we will have to switch rooms so we can pack/unpack accordingly.
I planned a lot of character dining as well since we are taking our 9 yo niece. I just got bog dinner last night (yay!) so that’s another one to add. We are also doing bog lunch but I might pick a different one since we will already be eating there once. There aren’t a lot of good qs options at mk.

I'm hoping for a remodeled room in March, preferably with a short walk to the lobby/transportation. I already requested that on my reservation. Should I do the TP room request, or just add it to my online check-in? With TP, would I just ask the 80's building? 70's? I'd love adjoining rooms, but do not want to detract from the remodeled room request.

As to the black dirt topic---I'd much rather have black dirt on laminate flooring than ground into the carpet. Guess I'll bring along a couple of microfiber wet mop pads, one for each foot!

They have it at Pop right?
Yes-at the groovy Beverage Island.:)

The only negative is that the All-Star Resort now has 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands while POP closes theirs down from Midnight to 6:00 AM so no late-night/early morning Mountain Berry Blast "fixes" at POP!lol:)

The only negative is that the All-Star Resort now has 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands while POP closes theirs down from Midnight to 6:00 AM so no late-night/early morning Mountain Berry Blast "fixes" at POP!lol:)
Is that in the food court? Or by a pool?

So sad that I can’t get a late night fix of Powerade :guilty:

I planned a lot of character dining as well since we are taking our 9 yo niece. I just got bog dinner last night (yay!) so that’s another one to add. We are also doing bog lunch but I might pick a different one since we will already be eating there once. There aren’t a lot of good qs options at mk.
I'd do dinner and keep the lunch ADR at BOG (not that you asked for my opinion, lol). They are very different experiences. And I think the lunch at BOG is one of the best at MK.". It also guarantees you a place to sit, which can't be said of someplace like PVH. If you're traveling at a time with high crowds, this can be invaluable. Just my two cents!

I'd do dinner and keep the lunch ADR at BOG (not that you asked for my opinion, lol). They are very different experiences. And I think the lunch at BOG is one of the best at MK.". It also guarantees you a place to sit, which can't be said of someplace like PVH. If you're traveling at a time with high crowds, this can be invaluable. Just my two cents!
I’ve actually done lunch at bog before but my niece has never been and we can choose two different rooms to dine in. I think it’s probably the best qs at mk. We are going the end of february so not too busy.

Oh Haley, so glad you got your BOG dinner! You must be over the top happy. I know you kept trying for it. We have my 9 yo grandson with us, his first time at Disney. He's super pumped. I suggested he watch a bunch of different Disney Movies to get him in the spirit. I watched Lion King myself, last night...LOL.

I'm hoping for a remodeled room in March, preferably with a short walk to the lobby/transportation. I already requested that on my reservation. Should I do the TP room request, or just add it to my online check-in? With TP, would I just ask the 80's building? 70's? I'd love adjoining rooms, but do not want to detract from the remodeled room request.

As to the black dirt topic---I'd much rather have black dirt on laminate flooring than ground into the carpet. Guess I'll bring along a couple of microfiber wet mop pads, one for each foot!
Yeah, I don't know about the black stuff....I don't like dirty socks or feet, but we will still try for a refurb room just because of the queen beds. And I like that when you put up the murphy bed, you have more room to walk around and everyone get ready! If I could fit it in my bag, I'd bring my Swiffer...LOL!

So is the food court opened at 6 a.m.? I'm an early riser and was planning on getting out of the room and letting my family sleep in.

I’ve actually done lunch at bog before but my niece has never been and we can choose two different rooms to dine in. I think it’s probably the best qs at mk. We are going the end of february so not too busy.
Yeah, QS at MK is limited. I never know what to get there, except for their cream cheese or jalapeno pretzels as a snack. I did see that they have a taco bar at Peco's Bills, may try that for lunch.

I was afraid of a nap interruption at Pop when I heard about the new room check policy, and it did indeed happen yesterday despite a DND on our door that was never switched for “Room Occupied.” Security woke us up by knocking and then hitting the deadbolt at about 4:00 PM. It was indeed confusing and momentarily scary because we were sleeping so deeply and recuperating from our race. I hope enough people complain that this policy ends soon.

I was afraid of a nap interruption at Pop when I heard about the new room check policy, and it did indeed happen yesterday despite a DND on our door that was never switched for “Room Occupied.” Security woke us up by knocking and then hitting the deadbolt at about 4:00 PM. It was indeed confusing and momentarily scary because we were sleeping so deeply and recuperating from our race. I hope enough people complain that this policy ends soon.
Why was security at your door?

Why was security at your door?

I am assuming for the daily "room check". They didn't mention in their post if Housekeeping had been, or if their schedule on marathon day meant they had their sign up more than they normally would have. This is one of my big concerns for my trip later this month. I sleep late, often until 10-11am, and if I am awakened early, I won't be able to get back to sleep and I'll be in a foul mood from sleep deprivation. I don't want to have to set an alarm and get up early on vacation - that's what work is for! This will be the first of four 11 day scheduled trips for 2018, and if it all goes south from lack of sleep, the other three will be cancelled. I am tempted to wear earplugs (although I am allergic, so that brings up a whole different set of issues) just so I can't hear them knock if they do. Let them use their tool, come in and look around, and leave while I'm sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!