Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read BB reopens 2/7. I still want to know if there is a bus because I thought I'd read something about this awhile back but wasn't planning on going and now I am. Does anyone know if Disney still provides rides to the water parks?
No direct bus to BB from POP anymore.

Guests have to take the Epcot bus and transfer to a BB bus there.

No direct bus to BB from POP anymore.

Guests have to take the Epcot bus and transfer to a BB bus there.

Oh, good to know. So from Epcot or Disney Springs? Are those the choices?

I will say this is the first I’ve heard of doing the switch at Epcot. I’ve always heard it was AK or DS but things might have changed. The transportation board is a great place to find out busing details as there are many on there who specialize in Disney transportation.

Here now (checking out in the morning). In one of the refurbished rooms. The room feels kind of "clinical" but we like it. Love all the extra outlets. Bed is comfortable. It's only DH and I, so we like having all the extra room and the fact that the table is so much bigger. I'm sure if we had to use the murphy bed, it would be a different story. No problems with the floors being dirty. We are in building 7 of the 80's section. One of the 70's buildings is being worked on now as well as one of the 60's. Love the TV in the room! The plan prior to coming was to watch playoff games tonight at Splitsville with a backup of watching at the pool bar. It's so chilly that we decided to pick up a pizza and wings and watch it on the tv in the room. Also, the pool bar ended up closing early today due to the weather. My ONLY complaint would be how much louder noises are in the room. You can hear everything in your own bathroom as if you are sitting in there with the person in the bathroom (and it's loud). You can also hear the people above you using the bathroom (not trying to sound crude, but you can hear them peeing). I will certainly be requesting a top floor room next time. Didn't hear any noises from next door neighbors.

We will definitely be coming back as we really like the rooms (and have always been a big fan of Pop!)

Here now (checking out in the morning). In one of the refurbished rooms. The room feels kind of "clinical" but we like it. Love all the extra outlets. Bed is comfortable. It's only DH and I, so we like having all the extra room and the fact that the table is so much bigger. I'm sure if we had to use the murphy bed, it would be a different story. No problems with the floors being dirty. We are in building 7 of the 80's section. One of the 70's buildings is being worked on now as well as one of the 60's. Love the TV in the room! The plan prior to coming was to watch playoff games tonight at Splitsville with a backup of watching at the pool bar. It's so chilly that we decided to pick up a pizza and wings and watch it on the tv in the room. Also, the pool bar ended up closing early today due to the weather. My ONLY complaint would be how much louder noises are in the room. You can hear everything in your own bathroom as if you are sitting in there with the person in the bathroom (and it's loud). You can also hear the people above you using the bathroom (not trying to sound crude, but you can hear them peeing). I will certainly be requesting a top floor room next time. Didn't hear any noises from next door neighbors.

We will definitely be coming back as we really like the rooms (and have always been a big fan of Pop!)
We were on the top floor and could hear neighbors next to and behind us using the bathroom. Could also hear toilets flushing on multiple floors.

We were on the top floor and could hear neighbors next to and behind us using the bathroom. Could also hear toilets flushing on multiple floors.
I think we just have to accept that we are going to hear toilets. I know going into it that they have turbo charged toilets and that won’t change.

The only resort I've not had them was Pop. It sounds from other posters who still have had these in their refurbished rooms like this was possibly a mistake. Another oversight by housekeeping.
No pen or pad at the Beach Club when I was there in December. I did miss them.

Thanks for the detailed post. I was hoping if we had a top floor it reduce some of the noise, but it sounds like the toilets are loud, sort of like on a cruise ship, where you can hear the toilets in the walls...so at least we shall be prepared.

I have a question - can guests use the 'fire escape' stairs to access rooms? So the stairs with the bowling pin, 8 track tape etc? I just noticed some of them are right next to the parking lot and it would be a short walk from the car

My understanding is that yes. They are intended to be used for those who need/want and alternative to the elevator.
I have a question - can guests use the 'fire escape' stairs to access rooms? So the stairs with the bowling pin, 8 track tape etc? I just noticed some of them are right next to the parking lot and it would be a short walk from the car

Yes, they are standard stairways. While they might be required in order to meet safety standards for the buildings, they are not intended to only be used in emergencies. They are not marked as emergency stairways. People use them all day long.

Yes, you can I use them a lot when I am not to tired.

I heard the AOA pool bar offers the Captain's Pineapple (Dole Whip with Rum). Does the Pop pool bar have this as well now with the addition of the Dole Whips?

Hi! I am thinking of booking a Preferred room at Pop. I have a disabled girl on oxygen and I want to request a room closest to the food court. We would really like a refurbished room. Does anyone know what building I could request close to the food court and in a refurbished room? Thank-You. We are booking a preferred room but there is only preferred left for when we want to go not Preferred pool view,
Thank-You,
Pam

Hi! I am thinking of booking a Preferred room at Pop. I have a disabled girl on oxygen and I want to request a room closest to the food court. We would really like a refurbished room. Does anyone know what building I could request close to the food court and in a refurbished room? Thank-You. We are booking a preferred room but there is only preferred left for when we want to go not Preferred pool view,
Thank-You,
Pam
I would request 70s for sure. I am not sure if all of the rooms in building 6 are finished, but 70s is the only section that has refurbished preferred rooms at this point. They are working on the 60s right now as well, but I don't think there are any refurbished rooms there available to guests yet.

I would request 70s for sure. I am not sure if all of the rooms in building 6 are finished, but 70s is the only section that has refurbished preferred rooms at this point. They are working on the 60s right now as well, but I don't think there are any refurbished rooms there available to guests yet.
Thank-You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!