Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When DD worked there she had many conversations with the groups with older female tour guides. Note: they are not chaperones per se, that would imply supervision at all times. They are tour guides. The older women said they dislike the companies that use the young men because those are normally the groups who give them a bad reputation. The young men play up to the kids, start the chants, let them act out ........... in anticipation of huge tips from the parents. She said they would tell her they wish Disney would make a requirement on the age of the adults, it would help on the behaviors.

Post #2 has a map. This map is old but all we have until after the renovation is complete. Hopefully a new one will pop up because changes have taken place.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

You should be pretty safe. One country should have already gone back to school and the other should start back around last month so I think gone from Disney.

Haha, we call it human soup.

The hotel will do nothing. What Disney has said in the past is to email, sending dates, location and name of group which you can usually see on shirts, backpacks, flags etc. This allows them to track groups behaviors. If enough complaints come on same company they will ban the company. Won't stop kids they will move to other company but banning some will help keep others on better behavior.
I hope you’re right. We only have one pool day scheduled so hopefully it isn’t too bad. Plus the bowling pin pool is supposed to be closed when we are there which means we will be down to two pools as it is.

Is there anywhere that shows which rooms are connecting? What are the chances of getting a connecting room if that is our only request?
I tried to figure out connecting rooms, too. The only thing I could find was on Touring Plans, with their room request pages. If you look for it, it does say if the rooms connect or not. But it's really time-consuming to find them.

Haha thanks! Is there anyway to predict if they will be there feb 27-March 4?
You should be in pretty good shape-the Brazil 15s had to be back in school the first week of February and the Argentina 15s have to be back in school the first week of March.:)

So that gives WDW 4 months to "recover" from The 15s' Summer Break and prepare for "WORLD CUP JULY" when The 15s will be at MAXIMUM CHANT LEVEL!lol:)

Last edited:
Hard pressed to find a spot to stand in the pool, let alone swim!

We always say The 15s have to be EXPERIENCED-they can't adequately be "described" to anyone!lol:)

And it sounds like you had the FULL experience!:)

We asked a WDW Bus once how many Guests could he fit on his bus and he said:

"Around 74 or if it is a Tour Group around 150"!!!!lol:)

The Legend of The 15s continues!lol:)

You should be in pretty good shape-the Brazli 15s had to be back in school the first week of February and the Argentina 15s have to be back in school the first week of March.:)

So that gives WDW 4 months to "recover" from The 15s' Summer Break and prepare for "WORLD CUP JULY" when The 15s will be at MAXIMUM CHANT LEVEL!lol:)
Okay sounds good. Thanks! I’ll try to update if I see any big groups while we are there (besides the dance groups that I’m already expecting).

I tried to figure out connecting rooms, too. The only thing I could find was on Touring Plans, with their room request pages. If you look for it, it does say if the rooms connect or not. But it's really time-consuming to find them.

Time consuming and mostly inaccurate.

Anyone know if the 60's are planned to be done with refurb by end of June?

Thanks!!!

There's no way to know for sure as Disney hasn't posted any timelines. However, based on how long it seems to be taking to get a building completely refurbished (80-90 days) and knowing that Building 5 started with refurbishments on 12/12 and Building 4 was started on 1/22, there's a good chance that the 60's section will be completed by the end of June. This thread has updated information about the refurbishments on post #2.

The 60s building with Baloo in front of it was ripped open something wild when I was there at the end of January.

Can we just take the pool towels back to our rooms if we need more towels and opt out of housekeeping?

If you opt out of housekeeping, you can still request fresh towels. That way, you can get a variety of sized towels (bath, hand and washcloth). You can swap them out and they will take your used towels when they deliver them if you are in the room, or they will just leave the clean ones for you. They also told us that if we see a bag of dirty towels from housekeeping out in the room walkways to be picked up, feel free to add yours into them to be picked up.
I think this is way better than taking them from the pool~ those towels always seem so rough and scratchy to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter