Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re on the Magical Express! Got a text when we landed to see the front desk for our room assignment instead of a room number, any idea what that’s about?

Happens often. Nothing to worry about. Some guests get their room number texted to them and can Bypass The Front Desk. Some never get a text and have to stop by the front desk. And some get the text you did. Nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't.

We’re on the Magical Express! Got a text when we landed to see the front desk for our room assignment instead of a room number, any idea what that’s about?

Happened to me earlier this month. I was told they needed to re-code our magic bands with the room number.

Going to call POP this week to make sure they have the 70s down in my preferences. As y'all may remember, decade preference doesn't show up properly on the guest's end on MDE. Supposedly it shows up on the CM end, but I'm going to call to make sure. I need my disco music as I leave my room! ;)

Happens often. Nothing to worry about. Some guests get their room number texted to them and can Bypass The Front Desk. Some never get a text and have to stop by the front desk. And some get the text you did. Nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't.

And some like me get the text 11 pm our last night after being in the room for days. It did verify we were in the right room. :laughing:

Going to call POP this week to make sure they have the 70s down in my preferences. As y'all may remember, decade preference doesn't show up properly on the guest's end on MDE. Supposedly it shows up on the CM end, but I'm going to call to make sure. I need my disco music as I leave my room! ;)
I just checked mine and it says highest floor with 70s.

Just checked and it says "[blank], highest floor." Reversing the request order, it still says that. I'll call them.
I had called awhile back because I actually put 70s first, not highest floor. I think we will just go to the front desk if we don’t get a desired room. I usually go to the front desk anyway to get a map of the resort and buttons.

Can you use the gift card for opting out of housekeeping to pay your balance on any given day, or at the end of your trip?

I had called awhile back because I actually put 70s first, not highest floor. I think we will just go to the front desk if we don’t get a desired room. I usually go to the front desk anyway to get a map of the resort and buttons.
Good luck. With Renos and less rooms in service the resort is booked up. At least it was late November. We got the furthest possible rooms to get in the back of beyond. Went back to front desk to see if anything else was available that was closer, and was told Resort was at 100% capacity and nowhere else to move me.

Can you use the gift card for opting out of housekeeping to pay your balance on any given day, or at the end of your trip?
You can add it on any given day. I added ours about half way through the trip when I had time to visit Guest Services. I didn't want to leave it for the end of the trip when we were squeezing in all the last bits of fun! :)

I do the same, I feel like stopping at the desk is a kick off to the trip almost. In Dec I lucked out, got a refurb room in 70's section right where i was hoping for. Let's how i repeat that luck on my April trip. Although since December a whole additional building and part of one have opened so odds are only increasing.

Good luck. With Renos and less rooms in service the resort is booked up. At least it was late November. We got the furthest possible rooms to get in the back of beyond. Went back to front desk to see if anything else was available that was closer, and was told Resort was at 100% capacity and nowhere else to move me.

The exact same thing happened to us!! I won't do that again! We requested 70's and ended up in the 80's, 4th floor right next to the 90's section. It took us about 8 mins to drag ourselves from Classic Hall to our rooms each night. It would be less if we weren't pooched by that time! Once we'd walked 22,000+ steps each day, trust me, every single step after that was a challenge!

The exact same thing happened to us!! I won't do that again! We requested 70's and ended up in the 80's, 4th floor right next to the 90's section. It took us about 8 mins to drag ourselves from Classic Hall to our rooms each night. It would be less if we weren't pooched by that time! Once we'd walked 22,000+ steps each day, trust me, every single step after that was a challenge!
Yup, we were in the back of building 7, close to 90’s. Needless to say nipping into the food court to grab a drink wasn’t happening! We took our mugs with us to the parks, attached to crossbody strap with carabiner so we could refill getting off bus before we trudged back to room.

Yup, we were in the back of building 7, close to 90’s. Needless to say nipping into the food court to grab a drink wasn’t happening! We took our mugs with us to the parks, attached to crossbody strap with carabiner so we could refill getting off bus before we trudged back to room.
Good idea! They didn't jangle around and get in your way?

Just called and made sure that they added the 70s to my reservation in "Mickey's guest book" per the CM. :thumbsup2

Just checked the projected weather for my trip (I know it can change wildly in the next 1.5 weeks) and it's looking like mid-upper 70s- PERFECT! :dancer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter