Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!! We are heading back on a bit of an impromptu trip (we usually plan several months ahead, but our end of July trip just turned in to an end of May trip). Pop is booked :mad:, so we had to book ASSp. Any chance there will be more rooms open up as the renovations progress (I promised the boys I'd check daily)?? Can anyone make me feel less freaked about NOT staying at Pop??

Have you checked whether online travel agencies like Travelocity, Orbitz, cheaptickets, etc, have any Pop availability? Sometimes they have bought blocks of rooms and have stock not available through Disney. You can also check the smaller Disney-specialized travel agents that do agency exclusive deals.

Hi all!! We are heading back on a bit of an impromptu trip (we usually plan several months ahead, but our end of July trip just turned in to an end of May trip). Pop is booked :mad:, so we had to book ASSp. Any chance there will be more rooms open up as the renovations progress (I promised the boys I'd check daily)?? Can anyone make me feel less freaked about NOT staying at Pop??

For what it's worth: last trip I couldn't book a two night room-only stay (no availability online), but I when I went ahead and booked a one night stay, I was subsequently able to modify that stay (online, no less) into the two nights I originally wanted. So perhaps check around with different arrival and departure days to see what you see for availability, and then look to modify that reservation either online or by calling?

Hmm May shouldn't be that busy. I think they added that part to the Free dining from last year. I would continue to look. It may open up.

I have stayed at All Star Sports before and it was fine. I liked the food court. Bus service was fine. The rooms won't be newly renovated, but it also should be a little less expensive than Pop. I wouldn't be worried about staying there if Pop doesn't become available for you.

As has been announced many places, Disney has introduced a new fee that will affect some Pop guests.

For new reservations made March 21, 2018 or later, a parking fee of $13/night will be charged to guests who are parking their car at Pop Century overnight.

Reservations that are made up until March 20, 2018 will not incur this new fee.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

As has been announced many places, Disney has introduced a new fee that will affect some Pop guests.

For new reservations made March 21, 2018 or later, a parking fee of $13/night will be charged to guests who are parking their car at Pop Century overnight.

Reservations that are made up until March 20, 2018 will not incur this new fee.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(
So if we already made our reservation for later this year - will the fee apply?

Hello! DH and I are staying here for the first part of our September stay. We haven't stayed at Pop since 2005 so it'll be nice to see how it's changed.

Since it's just the two of us, we're hoping to get a King bed close to Classic Hall, preferably 1st floor. We're not in a Preferred room, so what would be the best building to request? Will all of the renovations be done by September?

Thanks! Couldn't figure out if it was referring to making the reservation by that date or actually being there before that date. I wonder if it'll be like ticket prices where if you modify your reservation then the new prices apply.
I've emailed Disney because I'm curious about modification of my reservation past March 21st as well.

Hello! DH and I are staying here for the first part of our September stay. We haven't stayed at Pop since 2005 so it'll be nice to see how it's changed.

Since it's just the two of us, we're hoping to get a King bed close to Classic Hall, preferably 1st floor. We're not in a Preferred room, so what would be the best building to request? Will all of the renovations be done by September?

Just a heads up that the more things you request, the less likely you are to get what you want. You are much better to request 1 or 2 things rather than 3 or more. There are very few king rooms and some of those are accessible rooms so they are not easy to get. If you are hoping for a room closer to classic hall you would probably want to request the 60's or 70's section.

If refurbishments continue at the pace they have since the beginning, they will probably be close to finished by September but quite likely not quite finished.

With the renovations, I'm not sure how many rooms have been converted from Kings to two Queens, but it seems that there are less king rooms available than there were pre-refurb. Truthfully the resort grounds are small enough that your best choice is to make having a king bed the only request you make and then hope for the best as far as placement is concerned.
I'm going with my husband in November and that's kind of our plan - just ask for a king and we'll deal with whatever walk to the bus stop we end up getting.

With the renovations, I'm not sure how many rooms have been converted from Kings to two Queens, but it seems that there are less king rooms available than there were pre-refurb. Truthfully the resort grounds are small enough that your best choice is to make having a king bed the only request you make and then hope for the best as far as placement is concerned.
I'm going with my husband in November and that's kind of our plan - just ask for a king and we'll deal with whatever walk to the bus stop we end up getting.

I don't know about plans for the rooms they haven't refurbed yet, but as of now no King rooms have been converted to 2 Queens.

Staying at POP for the first time this July. I had been hesitant to stay here because I wasn't in love with the room decor (I am a bit of a resort snob to be honest). However the renovations look amazing! I am still figuring our the BEST room to reserve. We would like the be on the first floor in a renovated room. Which building should we pick?

Right now we have the 70's section reserved. What would you recommend? We have never stayed at this resort before. Thanks!

Would there be a better location? We will also be calling ahead because we are celebrating my second master's degree and my boyfriends first WDW trip in FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!