Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say Hi ! I have a party of 11, 2 grands, 2 ad and 2.5 yr twin boys, 2 ad and 2.5 yr old boy, then myself and my hubs! most of the party (except Hubs and I) have booked preferred, does the 70's have both preferred and standard rooms?

I just wanted to say Hi ! I have a party of 11, 2 grands, 2 ad and 2.5 yr twin boys, 2 ad and 2.5 yr old boy, then myself and my hubs! most of the party (except Hubs and I) have booked preferred, does the 70's have both preferred and standard rooms?

Yes, the 70s section is maybe a little less than half made up of preferred rooms - these are rooms closest to Classic Hall. The remainder of the rooms are standard rooms. As the 70s section is the only one without a pool in the center, it does not have any "pool view" rooms.

I haven't gone back through too far but does anyone know why it will only let me request the 80's for our trip in July? If I choose 80's and 90's it reverts back to only the 80's section.

I definitely think it's more of a citrus scent? But it has been a year and my memory might be playing tricks on me

There's an etsy post that has wax melties that smell like Pop (and they make a candle). They say it's Kettle Corn and Cotton Candy as well.

I've just booked Pop for our Girls trip for the Wine & Dine 10K in November. The room remodel look really sold it for me - very clean but with a pop of Disney. Excited for my first stay there!

Random question...Can you cut through the middle of the T shape in the building? So if we're on the "backside" of the building, can we walk through to get to the front side? Also, is that where the elevators are?

We are heading to Pop the first week of August, and this will be our first time staying on property with kids. I have read that the hotel supplies life jackets for swimming, and I was wondering if anyone had experience using these. We're flying, and we'd rather not pay for an entire suitcase full of swim gear. Our kids will be 6, 9, and 2.5, and none are strong enough swimmers to go in without a vest (especially when we're outnumbered!)

My son was 5 the first time we stayed at Disney, there were plenty of lifejackets in various sizes. No issues getting one. I wouldn't pack one!

We are heading to Pop the first week of August, and this will be our first time staying on property with kids. I have read that the hotel supplies life jackets for swimming, and I was wondering if anyone had experience using these. We're flying, and we'd rather not pay for an entire suitcase full of swim gear. Our kids will be 6, 9, and 2.5, and none are strong enough swimmers to go in without a vest (especially when we're outnumbered!)
All of the pools have them and there are lots to choose from. They work great! As @hdrolfe said, I wouldn't bring my own.

I think for the 6&9 yo the vests supplied will be fine but my toddler really prefers the puddlejumper style - if it was me I would pack your toddlers life vest.

I think for the 6&9 yo the vests supplied will be fine but my toddler really prefers the puddlejumper style - if it was me I would pack your toddlers life vest.

I think we might do this. He may have a hard time using the life vest, and he's not a huge fan of the water to begin with. Thanks!!

I think we might do this. He may have a hard time using the life vest, and he's not a huge fan of the water to begin with. Thanks!!

Here is a Lifejacket rack at All-Star Sports-the ones at POP are similar.:)

32811995125_ff14fc2212_c.jpg

Yes, the 70s section is maybe a little less than half made up of preferred rooms - these are rooms closest to Classic Hall. The remainder of the rooms are standard rooms. As the 70s section is the only one without a pool in the center, it does not have any "pool view" rooms.

This is great so we could all be in same building if we all request 70's and near each other from the sounds of it.. Thank you!

This is great so we could all be in same building if we all request 70's and near each other from the sounds of it.. Thank you!

Gather everyone’s resort confirmation numbers, call the main Reservations number, and ask them to put “traveling with” on all the reservations, in addition to the request for 70s.

Just "Popping in" (see what I did there?) to say hello! We are coming back to POP August 19-26. We last stayed at POP in November of 2016. I must say that after staying at All Star Sports, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter (multiple times for each) that we feel like POP is our home resort. We just love it there and we are definitely looking forward to checking out the refurbed rooms. That being said, it's definitely not going to break our trip if we don't get one. We just love the vibe there. The food court, the walk to Art of Animation, the pools, the classic Disney icons....we just love it.

Just "Popping in" (see what I did there?) to say hello! We are coming back to POP August 19-26. We last stayed at POP in November of 2016. I must say that after staying at All Star Sports, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter (multiple times for each) that we feel like POP is our home resort. We just love it there and we are definitely looking forward to checking out the refurbed rooms. That being said, it's definitely not going to break our trip if we don't get one. We just love the vibe there. The food court, the walk to Art of Animation, the pools, the classic Disney icons....we just love it.

We will be there August 15-28. We've been there 10/13, 11/15, 6/17. We don't have any other Disney resort to compare it to, as our previous trips we stayed offsite. We have bounced the idea of other resorts, but we are some familiar and comfortable at POP and this trip with the renovated rooms add a bit of excitement.

We will be there August 15-28. We've been there 10/13, 11/15, 6/17. We don't have any other Disney resort to compare it to, as our previous trips we stayed offsite. We have bounced the idea of other resorts, but we are some familiar and comfortable at POP and this trip with the renovated rooms add a bit of excitement.
It will be nice to have you as "resort neighbors" :) Are you guys attending the Halloween Party? We are going on the 24th. It will be our first MNSSHP and I can't wait! So glad they added some August dates in the past couple of years. My daughter doesn't like to take time off of school now that she is older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter