Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this. We have a Standard room booked, and I have the 60's section requested for our end of August trip. We usually RD, and come back to the resort for a break/swim. I'm starting to reconsider this now. We have older kids too, so sleeping isn't the issue, and I liked the idea of being closer to AoA.

What do you think @alhurricane ? With what you've experienced, if you had to do it over again, do you wish you could have requested a different section or is your family OK?
Thanks for posting this. We have a Standard room booked, and I have the 60's section requested for our end of August trip. We usually RD, and come back to the resort for a break/swim. I'm starting to reconsider this now. We have older kids too, so sleeping isn't the issue, and I liked the idea of being closer to AoA.

What do you think @alhurricane ? With what you've experienced, if you had to do it over again, do you wish you could have requested a different section or is your family OK?

It hasn’t been a deal breaker for us. What’s been more aggrevating for naps has been the room checks. Both times we have been napping they have knocked then tried to open the door. Fortunately we had the latch closed and they couldn’t open all the way. The lady then apologized and left both times without entering. I am pretty easy going but the whole room check policy is insane in the way it’s being implemented and has me angry.

Sorry to go on a side tangent. To answer, the construction noise alone did not prevent us from getting naps and I wouldn’t mind this location again.

Thank you but please reread the question I was responding to. The OP asked if they tell you what TIME they will be entering your room.

I was trying to add to this
Just curious--do they tell you when you check in that this (room check) will happen? I obviously know because I read here, but I'm bringing my parents soon and would prefer someone else to explain it to them...!
I wanted to say the TVs tell you they will happen. Not a specific time of course but it does say everyday.

I was trying to add to this

I wanted to say the TVs tell you they will happen. Not a specific time of course but it does say everyday.

Thank you. I misread the op thinking they were asking about a specific time of the room checks, not that they’re advising that these will happen. That’s what I get for reading too quickly.

Just curious--do they tell you when you check in that this (room check) will happen?
ONLY if you opt out of Housekeeping-if you do not opt out of Housekeeping,nothing has changed,the Housekeeping visit also serves as the Security visit.:)

If you do opt out of Housekeeping,you "should" receive a flyer that does "warn" of the "visual" inspection.:)

upload_2018-5-25_7-25-22.png

okay folks, my room request day is here. I didn't check anything online and will make my Touring Plans fax my only request. I have 2 preferred view rooms, one for my parents and one for me, my husband, and 2 kids. I know adjoining/connected is only a request, but we would also like a top floor because I'm worried my parents won't like people above them stomping around. Can I ask for 1. adjoining or connected rooms 2. top floor? For those of you who also use TP's fax option, do you list a range of room numbers as examples? In your opinion, is this as good as calling it in? Thanks!

I know this is totally off topic but everyone on this thread seems so knowledgeable, I was hoping one of you may know the answer. I was thinking I may want to upgrade my tickets to an annual pass. I don't think
I can do this until my arrival day. Now, it looks like memory maker is included with the AP, but is there a waiting period before I can use the memory maker? I thought I may have read somewhere that there is a 3 day grace period before I can use the memory maker? Is that true? Or can I begin to use it that same day?

I know this is totally off topic but everyone on this thread seems so knowledgeable, I was hoping one of you may know the answer. I was thinking I may want to upgrade my tickets to an annual pass. I don't think
I can do this until my arrival day. Now, it looks like memory maker is included with the AP, but is there a waiting period before I can use the memory maker? I thought I may have read somewhere that there is a 3 day grace period before I can use the memory maker? Is that true? Or can I begin to use it that same day?

Same day.

Not only can you use the MM the day you upgrade, but also any PhotoPass photos taken in the previous 1 year will magically reappear in your PhotoPass account! Enjoy!

Does anyone happen to know if the pillows in the new room are feather? I was just wondering cause if so due to allergies I want to put in the request for others. One time after a 6am flight and all day at the park I was so tired I forgot to check the pillows and woke up pretty miserable the next day!

hey everyone---does anyone here know if all pop rooms are upgraded? last i heard they were working on the 60s?

okay folks, my room request day is here. I didn't check anything online and will make my Touring Plans fax my only request. I have 2 preferred view rooms, one for my parents and one for me, my husband, and 2 kids. I know adjoining/connected is only a request, but we would also like a top floor because I'm worried my parents won't like people above them stomping around. Can I ask for 1. adjoining or connected rooms 2. top floor? For those of you who also use TP's fax option, do you list a range of room numbers as examples? In your opinion, is this as good as calling it in? Thanks!

Just an FYI ... the maps made by folks that we all post here are a bit "wrong" in that there is no such thing as Preferred View rooms.

Maps list it as:
- Nothing noted on map (Standard)
- Standard Pool View (yes view of pool - farther location to hub)
- Preferred Pool View (yes view of pool - close location to hub)
- Preferred View (no such thing, these rooms have no "view" they are really only called Preferred)

I post for anyone reading that you can pay the extra for a Preferred room and be facing towards the parking lot area or backed up to the bell services area (which can get noisy) - I've been in both kinds of rooms as "upgrades". Because these rooms really only called PREFERRED, meaning the are close to the food court/front desk/bus depot. It has nothing to do with actual view.

Does anyone happen to know if the pillows in the new room are feather? I was just wondering cause if so due to allergies I want to put in the request for others. One time after a 6am flight and all day at the park I was so tired I forgot to check the pillows and woke up pretty miserable the next day!
I really liked the pillows in the room so took pictures of the tags. (Have since ordered one for home and although very plump when it arrived, I love it!!!)

But, I digress. The tag says 100% polyester filling and 100% cotton cover.

Last edited:
Not only can you use the MM the day you upgrade, but also any PhotoPass photos taken in the previous 1 year will magically reappear in your PhotoPass account! Enjoy!
That's awesome. We are going in July and December. I have both of these vacations booked from a bounceback free dining. I wasn't going to upgrade until December so that's great to know that the july pictures would be accessible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter