Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
During our stay the made the bed and left it down each night. But we would sometimes fold it up for breakfast and back down before leaving, and yes it is extremely easy for one person to do.

Thanks to everyone for the great information about pop century! I cannot find any thing about the murphy beds... Are they only for children? Adults? Weight Limits? My mom and I are heading down in September, we have stayed at pop before. But after reading about the refurbished rooms and the pull down bed I'm worried that we will have to share a bed! Any info about this is appreciated!

Both beds are queen size. I don’t know anything about actual weight limits, but during our stay I slept on the actual bed with my younger son and my husband slept on the Murphy bed with my older son with zero issues. They have a combined weight of about 250 pounds, so I would say they are pretty sturdy.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the great information about pop century! I cannot find any thing about the murphy beds... Are they only for children? Adults? Weight Limits? My mom and I are heading down in September, we have stayed at pop before. But after reading about the refurbished rooms and the pull down bed I'm worried that we will have to share a bed! Any info about this is appreciated!

I believe the murphy beds are queen size at Pop so you should be fine. The murphy beds in AoA are full size and 2 adult women slept fine on it.

The Murphy bed at Pop is queen, and you'll have no issue with a weight limit. I laid with my kids many nights, and I'm not petite. :)

It's a standard queen size bed. We had 3 grown adult women lounging on it with no problems. They really are quite sturdy.

Just a quick note as I know some have wondered before-we had a scooter and a non-handicap room. We were in 70s building 6 6368 and 6369 connecting. Since we were using the connecting door we found it easiest for the scooter to be parked at the window. This required driving into the room, shutting the door and then parking the scooter. Once parked it did block the refridge but the murphy bed and door still had plenty of room to open. I should have grabbed a picture but it wasn't something I thought of on vacation.

We never stayed at Pop before and really enjoyed our trip. Bus service was fantastic with park closings having another bus pull up right as the previous one left. Watch out for the studios at closing though-there is construction that is causing backup in the bus loop as they cannot exit when everyone else is trying to leave.

Thank you! Thank you to all who answered my question about the murphy bed. I think I was imagining it to be like the pull down bed for kids at Port Orleans!

We always use them when we travel. Last Spring they did a sort of difficult delivery to a hotel in DC without batting an eyelash!
OMG.. this is a game changer for me! I always use VONS/Pavilions to order groceries at home, and was stressing about ordering for my trip in August. I had no idea Safeway did the same for FL. Please update if you have any issues!! :)

OMG.. this is a game changer for me! I always use VONS/Pavilions to order groceries at home, and was stressing about ordering for my trip in August. I had no idea Safeway did the same for FL. Please update if you have any issues!! :)
You reminded me to go in and check to be sure everything is in stock! The only thing I run in to with them is when things go out of stock they do not notify you. So if you put your order in way ahead like I do, just remember to back the night before and check to see if you need to sub something. Otherwise it has always been amazing! Hopefully when we check in tomorrow night our stuff is waiting for us!

Just know they call it Pineapple soft serve-at least the cast member we talked to was a little confused when we just called it a dole whip.

I ordered one last night. Got about 1/3 the pineapple juice and half the soft serve as a real dole whip. Tasted the same but just wasn't large enough.
I corrected that at MK today!

You reminded me to go in and check to be sure everything is in stock! The only thing I run in to with them is when things go out of stock they do not notify you. So if you put your order in way ahead like I do, just remember to back the night before and check to see if you need to sub something. Otherwise it has always been amazing! Hopefully when we check in tomorrow night our stuff is waiting for us!
I hope you have a blast!! Jealous that I still have 2+ months to go!

Stayed at Pop last week for first time. Had stayed in Deluxe and Moderate on prior trips. Apprehensive about the size of the room and noise. We requested top floor in 70's section. Ended up with 1st floor room 6170. Noise was not a problem. We had box fan which provided white noise and had no issues. We left the Murphy bed down the whole week and had no issues with running into the corners. Room very well designed for space. We had 4 in the room and no complaints. Room had the two queens and tub/shower combo. No issues with cleanliness of the room. Floor was fine. Only issue was transportation. Getting to the parks was not a problem. Returning at or near park close from any park was trying at best. Often they would set up two bus gates just to hold the Pop guests waiting for a bus. Waited 30 minutes at minimum to just over an hour on 3 occasions to get back to resort. I realize that park close can be madness but other resorts didn't see the same congestion.

Despite the transportation issues we would stay at Pop again. Room is a great value for Disney and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed at Pop last week for first time. Had stayed in Deluxe and Moderate on prior trips. Apprehensive about the size of the room and noise. We requested top floor in 70's section. Ended up with 1st floor room 6170. Noise was not a problem. We had box fan which provided white noise and had no issues. We left the Murphy bed down the whole week and had no issues with running into the corners. Room very well designed for space. We had 4 in the room and no complaints. Room had the two queens and tub/shower combo. No issues with cleanliness of the room. Floor was fine. Only issue was transportation. Getting to the parks was not a problem. Returning at or near park close from any park was trying at best. Often they would set up two bus gates just to hold the Pop guests waiting for a bus. Waited 30 minutes at minimum to just over an hour on 3 occasions to get back to resort. I realize that park close can be madness but other resorts didn't see the same congestion.

Despite the transportation issues we would stay at Pop again. Room is a great value for Disney and the staff was very friendly.
We usually leave 30 minutes or so before park close or walk around in the shops for awhile to wait out the buses some.

I think this was asked earlier but I don't recall who.
If you use quick service meal plan at the resort, they will let you substitute your drink for a dessert.
This is true for Pop as well as AOA. Any snack item can be substituted for the drink which includes the pineapple float. :). My youngest got a large pretzel for his "dessert".

I think this was asked earlier but I don't recall who.
If you use quick service meal plan at the resort, they will let you substitute your drink for a dessert.
This is true for Pop as well as AOA. Any snack item can be substituted for the drink which includes the pineapple float. :). My youngest got a large pretzel for his "dessert".
Have you successfully done this so Pop recently?

The past 2 years (2017 and 2018) the information about substituting a drink with a dessert has been removed from the dining plan brochure and many have reported not being allowed to do it at Pop.

It sounds like AoA allows it more often and most (but not all) have not been allowed to do it at Pop.

Since it’s no longer publicized I feel people should be prepared to ask but also be prepared for either a yes or a no answer.

Have you successfully done this so Pop recently?

The past 2 years (2017 and 2018) the information about substituting a drink with a dessert has been removed from the dining plan brochure and many have reported not being allowed to do it at Pop.

It sounds like AoA allows it more often and most (but not all) have not been allowed to do it at Pop.

Since it’s no longer publicized I feel people should be prepared to ask but also be prepared for either a yes or a no answer.
Technically not yet. However I did ask 3-4 different cashiers including one who looked like a manager and they all said that it could be done.

Edited to say Yes. We bought the breakfast platter and a side cup of strawberries for breakfast It counted as 1 quick Service meal.

By the way typing on the bus to Epcot is not an easy thing to do :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!