Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for our Feb. trip-our first stay at Pop!

We have non-park days on arrival and departure days with a decent chunk of time at each (arriving 10:55; departing 8:30 which I know means 5ish in ME terms).

Had planned on just doing Downtown Disney and exploring Pop (and AoA which is our single-night, last night hotel) on these days. But now I'm thinking maybe visiting another resort might be fun?

Especially wanting to make arrival day feel exciting for the kids DD(5) and DS(12). Plane lands 10:55, so I'm thinking we could be somewhere by 3:30ish.

I want to use only the free transportation. Can I use Downtown Disney as a bus transfer spot to get to other resorts to break up the feeling of being always in transit somewhere rather than go all the way to MK as suggested here?

And then, if so, what should we do?

If anyone has experience with any of the following, or has any other suggestions, I'd sure appreciate the input.

Considering:
1900 Park Fare character dinner (using DDP): we have Akershus breakfast, so we'll see Cinderella, but have heard the stepsisters/mother are pretty funny. Cinderella is not DD(5) fave princess, but she's a princess, so I know she'd be excited. Worth it to go all the way to MK so that we could take the monorail or ferry to GF? And if so, which feels more like a "ride:" ferry or monorail.

Chip and Dale Campfire Singalong: Is it a long walk to the campfire spot once at the resort? Will it be freezing at night in Feb.? Will the songs be totally foreign to the 5 and 12 year old (and will that matter)? Do they sign autographs? Have heard it's beautiful and maybe a good introduction to character interaction for the 5 year-old who can be a bit shy

T-Rex at Downtown Disney or save that for departure day?

Wolfgang Puck or save that for departure day?

What else?

Thanks so much in advance to all you experts who make our vacations that much better. Last trip (2009) was so much richer with your input, and truly appreciate your time and responses. :flower3:

Not sure what pictures you've seen, but we just got back from POP 2 weeks ago, stayed in building 2 (Jukebox) in room 2146; the beds were good and the rooms were nice. Love the white linens with just the throw across the bottom of the bedding. Here is a picture of what our room looked like:

We have been staying at POP every other year since 2003 when they opened and have never had a problem with the rooms :thumbsup2
I think you will LOVE it!
Can't wait to go back next November!:dance3:

Thanks for that photo... the ones I saw still showed the old comforters. They must have been old photos and just posted recently. What about the bathrooms? Do the showers have the curved rods and newer showerheads?

Can you request extra blankets? Now there isn't a "comforter" is there enough bedding?

Thanks for that photo... the ones I saw still showed the old comforters. They must have been old photos and just posted recently. What about the bathrooms? Do the showers have the curved rods and newer showerheads?

After the last refurb, all the rooms look like this. Here is a picture of the bathroom. I don't think the shower rod is curved but they do have the newer showerheads.
aiod34.jpg

Can you request extra blankets? Now there isn't a "comforter" is there enough bedding?

In our room, there was a blanket (or 2) and an extra pillow in the close hanging area.
But yes, you can request blankets but we never needed one.

All booked for our stay at POP, January 2 - 9.

Can anyone help me with a question regarding the fridge though?

Can the in room fridge hold a full gallon (jug) of milk? (removing the shelf?)

Traveling with DH, DSx3 and DDx3 in 2 rooms and planning to have breakfast in our room before heading to the parks each day. I would like to order 2 gallons of milk Garden Grocer, placing 1 in each fridge . . . hoping they can fit!

Thanks!

In our room, there was a blanket (or 2) and an extra pillow in the close hanging area.
But yes, you can request blankets but we never needed one.
Awesome thanks! I like to crank the ac and huddle under blankets at Disney :goodvibes

All booked for our stay at POP, January 2 - 9.

Can anyone help me with a question regarding the fridge though?

Can the in room fridge hold a full gallon (jug) of milk? (removing the shelf?)

Traveling with DH, DSx3 and DDx3 in 2 rooms and planning to have breakfast in our room before heading to the parks each day. I would like to order 2 gallons of milk Garden Grocer, placing 1 in each fridge . . . hoping they can fit!

Thanks!

I'm almost sure that it holds a gallon in the door. (From what I remember)... For sure, it will fit it on its side. I'll let you know in a week when I'm there, since I've ordered some Groceries that include gallons of milk :)
I wouldn't worry though.

I'm almost sure that it holds a gallon in the door. (From what I remember)... For sure, it will fit it on its side. I'll let you know in a week when I'm there, since I've ordered some Groceries that include gallons of milk :) I wouldn't worry though.

Only half gallons fit on the door. Not sure if a gallon would fit in the fridge with the rack, but I think so. Won't be room for much else.

After the last refurb, all the rooms look like this. Here is a picture of the bathroom. I don't think the shower rod is curved but they do have the newer showerheads.

Yes, that is a curved shower rod. I enjoyed the extra space in the shower last year!

I read on another site that there are a few rooms at Pop with a King and a double in the same room. I always thought that the rooms were with 2 doubles or one king. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone there now that would be willing to ask? :hippie:

I read on another site that there are a few rooms at Pop with a King and a double in the same room. I always thought that the rooms were with 2 doubles or one king. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone there now that would be willing to ask? :hippie:

I have never heard this. Two doubles barely fit so I'm not sure it's possible for a double and a king to fit.

Any tips on making a Pop Century stay with a 15 month old easier? He's stayed 2 nights in other hotels with mixed results. Not sure what to expect for the 9 nights starting next weekend.

For our stay in January, I would prefer a room with 2 doubles. Should I call to request that, or just ask when we check-in? I made the reservation through Orbitz, but have a Disney confirmation number. Thanks much.

Any tips on making a Pop Century stay with a 15 month old easier? He's stayed 2 nights in other hotels with mixed results. Not sure what to expect for the 9 nights starting next weekend.

Expect to have some interrupted sleep. :goodvibes

My daughter, now almost 18, was a very good traveller and had many Disney trips as a toddler. We always brought a blanket and favorite stuffed animal so she'd have the the 'comforts of home.' We tried to keep her on schedule as much as possible as far as naps and meals. If your son will sleep in his stroller, you don't have to return to the room for naps, just find a quiet spot to walk or sit with him.

On at least one trip she got some baby virus and ran a fever. The Disney convenience stores do not carry a wide range of medicines, but luckily we had a car on that trip and DH went offsite to pick up childrens Tylenol. If you won't have a car, you may want to pack some.

People may tell you not to bring such a young child, but it certainly can be done and can be enjoyable. And now my young adult daughter wants to return to Disney with her boring old Mom. That makes it all worth it.

In my experience with toddlers, the first two nights are the worst in a new place and then they settle in. So hopefully that will be true for you. It's like a new place and they just can't sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts