Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrived at pop yesterday evening. Received our room text shortly after landing and got the 60's lake view I'd requested. Thrilled about that. I was not so thrilled when only one suitcase arrived in our room 4 hours after we landed. The bell hop just shrugged and said he only had one bag for me when I let him know there should be two. Got a phone call a little later from the airline saying our other bag had been damaged. Dealt with that and since it was nearing 11pm by that point I called down to bell services and requested they hold it. I went down at 6am to retrieve it. Thankfully all the contents of the suitcase were fine. I believe it was only due to me packing each outfit in a gallon ziploc. Had I not done that we would have been forced to uber to Walmart for socks/underwear/clothing for ds. Off to a rocky start but I won't let it put a damper on my trip

Hollywood Studios bus stats- walked through the bag check/exit leaving HS at 8:33pm. At that time I had walked 8.06 miles (18,357steps). We got to the Pop bus stop at 8:42pmand were at 8.49 miles (20,375 steps). I am generally a fast walker with a decently long stride but due to being behind slower walkers and sidestepping puddles it took me longer than I normally think it would.

We just returned yesterday from POP. We had issues with mouse keeping every day. We had to request our room to be cleaned and we did not decline it on check in. The rooms have set the temp at 68 as low as it will go. We did not find this was cool enough and it can’t be changed any lower. Keep a picture of all pieces of luggage before you leave so you can help bell services identify your luggage if it gets separated. We have stayed here before and loved it but not our most magical stay.

We stayed here from 8/4-8/11 and we were able to turn it down to 65. It stayed that way the entire time. It was nice opening the door and feeling that cold air. We were in building 1.

We just returned yesterday from POP. We had issues with mouse keeping every day. We had to request our room to be cleaned and we did not decline it on check in. The rooms have set the temp at 68 as low as it will go. We did not find this was cool enough and it can’t be changed any lower. Keep a picture of all pieces of luggage before you leave so you can help bell services identify your luggage if it gets separated. We have stayed here before and loved it but not our most magical stay.

I was in room 7331 back in April and the lowest I could set the AC was 68. In April it was ok... I'm going back next week... I hope I'll be able to set it lower.

We arrived at pop yesterday evening. Received our room text shortly after landing and got the 60's lake view I'd requested. Thrilled about that. I was not so thrilled when only one suitcase arrived in our room 4 hours after we landed. The bell hop just shrugged and said he only had one bag for me when I let him know there should be two. Got a phone call a little later from the airline saying our other bag had been damaged. Dealt with that and since it was nearing 11pm by that point I called down to bell services and requested they hold it. I went down at 6am to retrieve it. Thankfully all the contents of the suitcase were fine. I believe it was only due to me packing each outfit in a gallon ziploc. Had I not done that we would have been forced to uber to Walmart for socks/underwear/clothing for ds. Off to a rocky start but I won't let it put a damper on my trip

Hollywood Studios bus stats- walked through the bag check/exit leaving HS at 8:33pm. At that time I had walked 8.06 miles (18,357steps). We got to the Pop bus stop at 8:42pmand were at 8.49 miles (20,375 steps). I am generally a fast walker with a decently long stride but due to being behind slower walkers and sidestepping puddles it took me longer than I normally think it would.
Sorry to hear about your suitcase! I’m glad you got it and at least the contents of it weren’t damaged.

The ziploc bags have saved things in my luggage more than once. Even though Southwest says they cover the luggage when it’s on the tarmac in a rainstorm, ours always arrives with the contents completely soaking wet (and we have hard shell luggage). I’ve had numerous things damaged badly due to the amount of water in my suitcase. After this happened last summer, I have started packing anything I wouldn’t want to arrive soaking wet in plastic bags. It makes packing a nightmare (especially at the resort), but those ziploc bags work wonders! I’m glad they kept your things protected! Enjoy your trip!!

Sorry to hear about your suitcase! I’m glad you got it and at least the contents of it weren’t damaged.

The ziploc bags have saved things in my luggage more than once. Even though Southwest says they cover the luggage when it’s on the tarmac in a rainstorm, ours always arrives with the contents completely soaking wet (and we have hard shell luggage). I’ve had numerous things damaged badly due to the amount of water in my suitcase. After this happened last summer, I have started packing anything I wouldn’t want to arrive soaking wet in plastic bags. It makes packing a nightmare (especially at the resort), but those ziploc bags work wonders! I’m glad they kept your things protected! Enjoy your trip!!
I always pack our clothes in ziplocs by outfit for the ease of staying organized and making mornings easier but it really saved us this time. I will say that Southwest was very apologetic and handled it well. He now has a brand new suitcase that is nicer than the one that got damaged, a new duffel bag and they repacked his belongings with care.

Today was a great day until late. An hour after returning to our room for the night we realized DS had misplaced his phone. :( I've filed a lost and found report and am hoping it was either found by a cast member or was turned in by a guest.

We need our late in the day luck to turn around!

I always pack our clothes in ziplocs by outfit for the ease of staying organized and making mornings easier but it really saved us this time. I will say that Southwest was very apologetic and handled it well. He now has a brand new suitcase that is nicer than the one that got damaged, a new duffel bag and they repacked his belongings with care.

Today was a great day until late. An hour after returning to our room for the night we realized DS had misplaced his phone. :( I've filed a lost and found report and am hoping it was either found by a cast member or was turned in by a guest.

We need our late in the day luck to turn around!
Sending you some pixie dust it’ll be much better tomorrow now! pixiedust:

We were at Pop August 11 - August 18. We were in Building 5 - Room 5431, 4th Floor connecting rooms facing the lake, got the room ready text at 1:23 pm. We had a problem and had to move the next day to Building 9, Room 9423, 4th Floor facing the parking lot, these rooms were ready immediately. As a result of the problem which was minor, we were given 3 fastpasses for all 6 of us. That was very nice and not expected at all. We did not have good bus mojo and in fact, we used Lyft and Uber alot which was awesome. The food court was chaotic at breakfast and dinner time. We went to the computer pool as it had less people. I traveled with my 2 sisters, my niece and 2 nephews. The children ages are 15, 14 and 11. They were at a fun age where they wanted to get on everything. It was a fun trip and we can't wait to go again next year.

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience walking from AOA to Pop 60s section preferred pool view. About how long does it take? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has experience walking from AOA to Pop 60s section preferred pool view. About how long does it take? Thanks!
Crossing the bridge itself takes about 3 mins and the preferred pool rooms are in the first Pop buildings after the bridge.

Crossing the bridge itself takes about 3 mins and the preferred pool rooms are in the first Pop buildings after the bridge.
We just got back and were in building 5 (not a preferred room, standard) and the walk was about 5-6 minutes from the AoA bus stop to my room. We did this a few times when AoA buses showed up before Pop’s (or, more frequently, when AoA had a significantly shorter line).

We just got back and were in building 5 (not a preferred room, standard) and the walk was about 5-6 minutes from the AoA bus stop to my room. We did this a few times when AoA buses showed up before Pop’s (or, more frequently, when AoA had a significantly shorter line).
Oh perfect, that's what I was planning for too

Yes, Sorry, your answer is more accurate. I was thinking of bridge time only. Oops!

@Dyl, this answer is more accurate if walking from buses.

Reactions: Dyl
Hi folks...we’re here at Pop now until the 29th. I didn’t request a building and got #10 top floor. We are SO close to the main building it’s great! Arrived Sunday in a late flight and called the service number on our phone and asked that bell deliver the luggage no matter how late. We got it no problems around 12:30am.
Amazon prime now order had also come and he brought that too.

There’s 3 of us...myself and one adult son (20) and my 16 year old. Room is fine for us. I have a scooter rental too and the table bed pretty much as to be up for me to get it inside to park. Then we put the bed down.

I had mentioned a few posts back that last time in March our beds didn’t have a blanket but this time both have a real actual blanket! It’s not thick but perfect and it’s betweeen the sheet and sheet-like duvet.

Our room has seemed plenty cold. 68 was too cold! I wonder if the a/c works better in some rooms or buildings?

No bus issues yesterday but we tend to take the bus at off peak times (we dot go to the parks until 11am or later and our return was an hour after the park closed (late Chef Mickey dinner). I haven’t seen any tour groups of kids this time. Maybe it’s not the season.

I called and requested housekeeping when we left the room at 11:30am yesterday and it was done by 2pm. That has seemed to work for us in the past.

So far Pop is great!

Hello everyone. I have a question and apologize if it’s been asked and answered already but I haven’t read all 600 pages. My family grown kids and grandchildren are going to Disney next year and staying at pop we will have 3 rooms booked individually is there any way to the rooms in same building and hopefully same floor as the grandkids will want to go between rooms. We do not need connecting rooms. Adjourning would be nice but as long as we are in same building and same floor it would be ok if they weren’t side by side. Any way this would be possible?

Hello everyone. I have a question and apologize if it’s been asked and answered already but I haven’t read all 600 pages. My family grown kids and grandchildren are going to Disney next year and staying at pop we will have 3 rooms booked individually is there any way to the rooms in same building and hopefully same floor as the grandkids will want to go between rooms. We do not need connecting rooms. Adjourning would be nice but as long as we are in same building and same floor it would be ok if they weren’t side by side. Any way this would be possible?

As with anything, you can certainly make the request to be close together, and they'll try to accommodate as best as they can, but nothing is guaranteed.

I forgot to mention that we opted out of housekeeping. We were given a $60 gift card. Since it's been mentioned before, the floors are filthy.

I forgot to mention that we opted out of housekeeping. We were given a $60 gift card. Since it's been mentioned before, the floors are filthy.
Sorry about that. As with anything it really depends on mousekeeping staff before your arrival. I have family and friends in 3 different rooms right now and thankfully this was not a challenge they've had but others have had the same experience you are having. Wish Disney could find a way to clean all the floors properly between guests.

I would bring it to the attention of guest services. Hopefully if they hear it often enough something will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!