Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention that we opted out of housekeeping. We were given a $60 gift card. Since it's been mentioned before, the floors are filthy.

It looks to me that they do a quick dry swiffer each day, but I don't know how often they do a wet swiffer. We are here now and brought our own wet/dry swiffer because we opted out of housekeeping. It's just really hard to keep these floors clean.

It looks to me that they do a quick dry swiffer each day, but I don't know how often they do a wet swiffer. We are here now and brought our own wet/dry swiffer because we opted out of housekeeping. It's just really hard to keep these floors clean.
I agree! Makes me cringe when I think of what I was walking on on those old carpets! :crazy2:

Hello everyone. I have a question and apologize if it’s been asked and answered already but I haven’t read all 600 pages. My family grown kids and grandchildren are going to Disney next year and staying at pop we will have 3 rooms booked individually is there any way to the rooms in same building and hopefully same floor as the grandkids will want to go between rooms. We do not need connecting rooms. Adjourning would be nice but as long as we are in same building and same floor it would be ok if they weren’t side by side. Any way this would be possible?

As with anything, you can certainly make the request to be close together, and they'll try to accommodate as best as they can, but nothing is guaranteed.

You can also call and give them all three confirmation numbers and have them note that you're traveling together - I've had good luck doing that. Again, though, as @supitscarrie said, nothing is guaranteed.

You can also call and give them all three confirmation numbers and have them note that you're traveling together - I've had good luck doing that. Again, though, as @supitscarrie said, nothing is guaranteed.
Thank you! I know nothing is guaranteed but I know we have a better chance if they know we are traveling together with separate reservations. And this will be my 3rd stay at Pop. 2008 mother/daughter trip 2010 adult women( 6 total) but that trip I made all the reservations and they knew we were traveling together our rooms were just one room between us that trip. I just didn’t know how to do it this time since everyone will be booking their own rooms. Thanks again!

Looking for personal experiences of people at Pop this week and in the days to come.

New, temporary bus stops have been opened at Disney's Hollywood Studios and as seems to be the norm, Pop's stop is the furthest away. We are bus stop number 1 in the picture below. Entrance to the park is the green line that goes up and to the right between stops 12 and 13. The left picture below gives a better idea of where the now closed bus loop was.

i-fdndphr-jpg.339743

Is there anyone who is currently at the park who is willing to time their walk from park entrance to the Pop load zone? I've heard it could be a 20 minute walk which seems FAR but, I'm also not there to time it for myself. I have a couple of families visiting next week and going to ask them to time their walk but wondered if anyone who has walked this (small marathon) route could share their actual experiences with us. Thanks!

I find it hard to believe it could be 20 minutes. I can walk all the way from the Beach Club to Hollywood Studios in 20 minutes.

Btw, this is the first I'm seeing about this as I just booked my October trip. Is this a long term closure?

I don't see how the 20 minute time at the new DHS Bus Stop CAN"T be "inflated".

I don't think it is a huge distance further than the longest walk from the Epcot Bus Stops to the Epcot Turnstiles.

I would think the same. I'd love to see if someone actually timed it. I know when I stayed at CBR people would talk about the 30 minutes it takes for the bus to circle the resort and it only took 10 minutes each time when I timed it. Sometimes it may feel longer. Especially, in the heat.

Looking for personal experiences of people at Pop this week and in the days to come.

New, temporary bus stops have been opened at Disney's Hollywood Studios and as seems to be the norm, Pop's stop is the furthest away. We are bus stop number 1 in the picture below. Entrance to the park is the green line that goes up and to the right between stops 12 and 13. The left picture below gives a better idea of where the now closed bus loop was.

i-fdndphr-jpg.339743

Is there anyone who is currently at the park who is willing to time their walk from park entrance to the Pop load zone? I've heard it could be a 20 minute walk which seems FAR but, I'm also not there to time it for myself. I have a couple of families visiting next week and going to ask them to time their walk but wondered if anyone who has walked this (small marathon) route could share their actual experiences with us. Thanks!

LOL - Answering my own question. I have friends who did the walk yesterday and it took them 5 minutes. That being said, they are fast walkers and it was day 1 of their trip so they were excited to be there. Probably a bit longer for most (especially at the end of the day) but in general I don't believe it's 20 minutes or anything close to that! Phew....good to hear!

I find it hard to believe it could be 20 minutes. I can walk all the way from the Beach Club to Hollywood Studios in 20 minutes.

Btw, this is the first I'm seeing about this as I just booked my October trip. Is this a long term closure?
The original bus stops are now permanently closed at DHS. The current stops are temporary while they build the new permanent ones.

The new permanent loops are being built beside the current temporary stops so they will still be further than the original stops were...but not 20 minutes away. The temporary stops are not covered but the permanent stops will have a roof over them which will help a lot!

The walk from the bus stop to the gates of DHS is 100% longer than any other bus stop to park gate walk by a long shot. It's ridiculous. I did it last week. 20 minutes? Maybe if you walk slower, but I walked at a brisk pace and it took me a good 10 minutes at 6:10 am.

Regarding the dirty floors, we found them clean at the beginning of the stay but they definitely got progressively dirtier as the week went on. Now, there were 4 adults in the room with 4 full size luggage pieces to clean around but mousekeeping really didn't seem to try...and our stuff was "corralled" into the luggage each morning. Not something insurmountable, but a quick mop up or swiffer of the floors would have been nice.

LOL - Answering my own question. I have friends who did the walk yesterday and it took them 5 minutes. That being said, they are fast walkers and it was day 1 of their trip so they were excited to be there. Probably a bit longer for most (especially at the end of the day) but in general I don't believe it's 20 minutes or anything close to that! Phew....good to hear!

That sounds about right. We’ve done it a few times this week to and from the parks in the hot sun this week. It does feel brutal. It took us roughly 5-8 minutes and we walk fast.

Hi we will be arriving next Monday. We plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon and I dread using the Bus as you have to transfer at Disney springs. So I want to use Uber. has anyone used Uber recently from pop century ? are they able to get on property thanks.

Also how fast is Uber at Disney ? from pop century how much time would I need to plan in between ordering and pick up

Hi we will be arriving next Monday. We plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon and I dread using the Bus as you have to transfer at Disney springs. So I want to use Uber. has anyone used Uber recently from pop century ? are they able to get on property thanks.

Definitely.

Also how fast is Uber at Disney ? from pop century how much time would I need to plan in between ordering and pick up

It varies, but the longest we've waited is about 10 minutes. But normally right around 5 minutes.

Definitely.

It varies, but the longest we've waited is about 10 minutes. But normally right around 5 minutes.
Awesome! I went online to estimate uber fares. Can you confirm POP to pretty much any disney property is between 10-15? Where do they pull up at pop?

The bus stop has changed until the new one is ready to open. Should be late this year or early next.

Thanks! That's very good to know. We only have one HS day planned but it's a short day and we head right back to Pop to get to the airport in the afternoon. I'll make sure we give ourselves a little extra time.

Awesome! I went online to estimate uber fares. Can you confirm POP to pretty much any disney property is between 10-15? Where do they pull up at pop?

I've taken an uber from pop to elsewhere on property before (over to Boardwalk for a breakfast reservation) and it was about nine bucks. As with all uber fare, it'll ultimately depend on the time of day and where exactly you're going, but I imagine it would never get higher than $20 even during "surge" pricing.
The pickup we had was right outside the main lobby.

We called for a car as we walked out of our room going to the lobby... the car was waiting for us as we walked out the doors... so no wait for us at all. We went from Pop to CR after our mid afternoon break. It was about $12.

Has anyone spent Halloween at Pop last year or 2016 and can provide a report on the trick or treating scene there? I searched and found some reports from 2014 but was hoping for something more recent. We're doing a split stay during Halloween week this year and I'm still trying to decide if we should spend Halloween night at Caribbean Beach or Pop to know when exactly we should switch resorts. Trick or treating would be the biggest draw for my boys on Halloween night (less interested in character meetings and other activities) so I'm trying to determine which resort we'd enjoy more that night. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter