Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to save a little cash this trip and thinking about trying PoP for last 4 days of trip. Switching from POFQ to PoP last 4 days is almost a 400 dollar savings.

Downside would make a 3 way split from BWI -> POFQ -> Pop (but ive dont mind splits that much).

How good or bad will the change be from POFQ to PoP. The days will be park only days anyway. Doing a Preferred room if so. Any advice.

My suggestion would be to hop “up,” not down. Can you start at Pop, move to POFQ, and end at BWI? I’ve never done a 3 way split, but whenever we’ve done split stays, I always move up a level if going between levels. Even tho I love the 3 resorts you’ve selected, I would hate starting at BWI and ending at Pop.

24 hours from now and I'll be on my way to the airport. Heading to the Pop tomorrow! We've stayed there once, before the room renovation. It's just 2 of us, so I'm really excited about the new rooms. Can.Not.Wait!
We love it being just two of us! Have a great trip!!

6 days till my first stay at Pop!! I really want everything to go well, my friends loves the place but POFQ is the only resort I ever stayed before (I’m trying to forget last year’s fiasco with ASMusic, NEVER AGAIN) and I’m spoiled with its size and bus service.

But I’m loving what I’m reading so far, you guys are also so positive and quick to help everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what happened at ASMusic?
We had a split stay with POFQ, 5 days there plus 9 days at ASMu. I truly don’t want to get into everything again, but from problems with housekeeping, a not so happy family having a screaming match on the room next to mine to a moldy bathroom with a moving toilet to disappearing buses and less than helpful front desk CMs it was a complete snafu from start to finish. We moved rooms twice but a full hotel meant I couldn’t be moved another time and we spent 7 miserable days at the worst Disney resort. I got comped 2 nights for my problems, but nothing would make me stay there again.

I've had less than stellar experiences at the All Stars. Our room in Music was just OLD - there were stains so bad on one chair I asked them to remove it from the room - it was gross and I'm willing to put up with stuff but yuck. There was also stuff on the walls from previous occupants (toothpaste?). The whole room was just awful honestly. Not sure if the rooms there have been renovated in the last couple of years. At Sports we had a room that overlooked that football field common area and I've never ever ever ever heard so much noise at a Disney resort - tons of kids yelling (playing football) after midnight. Security or staff did nothing until I went to the front desk in my pajamas. Every night. The room there was also not so great.

My experiences in Pop have been so much better and I love the new rooms. It has some of the crowding at times I expect in a value resort (bus, food court) but no significant issues and CM's were great. Our housekeeping was also great (called every morning when I left room just to ask them to come at their convenience but to let them know I was out - cause we usually didn't leave until 11am).

At PC now. Previous guest had left 2 unopened gallons of purified drinking water. We don’t want them as we shipped a case of water over and have plenty. Anybody want them?

At PC now. Previous guest had left 2 unopened gallons of purified drinking water. We don’t want them as we shipped a case of water over and have plenty. Anybody want them?
We won't be there until Wednesday but that is very kind of you

Pop Century

Latest News / Updates / What's Been POPing Up?

POPMainSignFAQ-2-1.jpg

Welcome newcomers, regulars, and lurkers to the Pop Century FAQ Thread – it is undeniably the grooviest and hippest FAQ thread around! It’s totally awesome …and that ain’t no jive!

So …. Got questions?? That’s cool…. We keep it real here… AND give you the scoop on “Everything” at POP!!!

A *HALF* CENTURY OVERVIEW

To those of you not aware of what the Disney’s Pop Century Resort is all about – the resort is a celebration of the second half of the 20th century's American pop culture. The resort's larger-than-life figures preserve the toys, fads, dance crazes, and catch phrases from the 1950’s through the 1990’s and remind us how we lived, played, and communicated. It is a trip down memory lane – figuratively and literally – as one can take a stroll on Pop’s Memory Lane – and read about highlights about fads and significant events that took place during these decades.

The Pop Century Resort was originally planned to be two separate resort areas, featuring the Legendary Years (1910s-1940s) and the Classic Years (1950s-1990s), connected via the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake. However, in May 2010, it was decided that the unfinished Legendary Years resort would become a new value resort, named Disney's Art of Animation. Opening in June 2012, the resort offers family suites themed after the Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo and standard rooms themed after The Little Mermaid

Are you psyched yet ?? Can you dig it??? POP’s radical ... colorful … sensational…and way, WAY out there ... Fer shure!

"RIGHT-ON" POP FACTS :thumbsup2

Resort: Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Address: 1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830
Tel: 407.938.4000
Fax: 407.938.4039
Official Website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/
Category: Value
Opening Date: December 14, 2003
Rooms: 2,880; 260 square feet
Check-in Time: 3:00 pm
Check-out Time: 11:00 am

RESERVATIONS

To make room reservations: 407.934.7639 (407-WDISNEY), TTY Reservations at 407.939.7670, online at www.disneyworld.com or with your travel agent.

For any general room request (view, room location, connecting rooms, etc.) please add this when making your reservation. Remember to limit your room requests to 3, with the most important request listed first. (Disney no longer encourages room requests via fax.) However, there has been a fluctuation on this issue throughout the resorts. If you would like to send a fax, please keep in mind to do so no sooner than 10 days prior to arrival or later than 4 days prior to arrival.

Medical/Special Needs: If someone in your party has a medical or special need, please mention this to the cast member when making your reservation. For those guests with hearing impairments, Pop offers TTY phones, visual signals for fire alarms, phones, wake up alarms, and door knocks. There is also a bed shaker accessory. These items are available for use at no cost.

Check-in time is officially 3:00 pm; however, guests can check in at any time to receive their packet and park tickets. If the room is not available, a request can be made to receive a call/text when the room is ready. /SIZE]

How many times have you heard (or uttered) the classic phrase “are we there yet?” Thankfully, at POP Century, it’s an indication that the POPular destination lies just ahead …..:)

POPSignArewethereyet-1-1-1.jpg

:drive: Road side assistance providing the traveler with some important details about the accommodations … :thumbsup2

POPSignACrooms-1-1.jpg
POPSignColorTV-2-1-1.jpg

*** Retro road side signs greet you upon arrival at POP Century. ***
[Pictures by Pas130]

A *CLASSIC* OVERVIEW

Classic Hall is the name of the main building and houses the front desk/lobby, the Fast Forward arcade, and "Everything POP”, which combines the dining and shopping areas.

Check In Area
popfrontdesk-1.jpg

Lobby View
poplobby-1.jpg

Everything POP
The Food court features a bakery/ice cream station, grill, pizza and pasta sections and a Grab-N-Go Market. There are three drink stations, plenty of tables and TVs to entertain the kids while dining.

The merchandising/shopping area contains clothing, hats, stuffed toys, jewelry, pins, picture frames, autograph books, etc. A selection of personal care and sundries items are available for purchase, i.e. pain relievers, Pepto Bismol, diapers, sunscreen, band-aids, deodorant, detergent, etc.

EPOPNEWPIX-1.jpg
Is there a hair dryer in the room? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Thanks!!

Is there a hair dryer in the room? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Thanks!!
look in the bathroom, right upper cubbies next to the sink. In a black bag. At least, that’s where ours was located when we were there in July. If you don’t see one, maybe call housekeeping to bring you one

Can you buy a case of water in the gift shop? If so, anyone notice if it’s spring water or just dasani?

Thanks!

In August, another poster noted that cases of 24 bottles were no longer available. That poster posted the photo below of what was available in early August. Looks like it’s Dasani. You can do search of this thread and find many posts about cases of water. Seems to be a popular issue.

upload_2018-9-24_12-8-50.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter