Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a bar inside Everything POP food court where you can get drinks which would be included on the QS dining plan?

5 more weeks til Pop! I'm looking forward to Pop even more than usual this trip - we just purchased DVC so we won't get to stay at Pop very often anymore which makes me a bit sad! We'll have to add on a few nights to our DVC stays sometimes to get our Pop fix :flower1:

Question about new room makeover...Do the rooms feel cold or sterile?? Videos make it look so white, no warmth if u know what I mean. I like the storage. Also did they get rid of tubs & just have showers now? TIA

When I first saw photos of the new rooms I also though they looked a bit cold and boring, but once we walked in I was pleasantly surprised! There actually is more color to them in person and the Mickey and Pluto details are so cute. We love the new rooms!

I read on the FAQ that luggage services are available 24/7but also noticed there was some outdated information there so I wanted to ask a question about storing a carry on with Bell Services while I go to MK and MNSSHP. I will be arriving at the resort on ME around 10:30am and I doubt my room will be ready that early as I haven't had that experience on my past few trips. I am planning to have Bell Services hold my carry-on and go straight to MK staying through the party. If I don't return to POP until after midnight will Bell Services still be open for me to retrieve my bag? I'm hoping someone has had experience with this and can answer my question. TIA!

I read on the FAQ that luggage services are available 24/7but also noticed there was some outdated information there so I wanted to ask a question about storing a carry on with Bell Services while I go to MK and MNSSHP. I will be arriving at the resort on ME around 10:30am and I doubt my room will be ready that early as I haven't had that experience on my past few trips. I am planning to have Bell Services hold my carry-on and go straight to MK staying through the party. If I don't return to POP until after midnight will Bell Services still be open for me to retrieve my bag? I'm hoping someone has had experience with this and can answer my question. TIA!
Pop Century "advertises" that Luggage Assistance(The Value term for Bell Services) is "available" 24/7,but I'm not sure if that means the physical location is open 24/7(It is not at The All-Star Resort-hours there are 7:00 AM-11:00 PM).:)

BUT,if you get to Luggage Assistance and no one is there,just go to the Front Desk and they will have someone help you get your bags.

The Luggage Assistance location is just to the right of the main entrance into Classic Hall.:)
32700910203_1fbe94861b_z.jpg

Is there a bar inside Everything POP food court where you can get drinks which would be included on the QS dining plan?
Interesting question. There isn't a bar per se, but they do sell beer & wine in the cold drink cases. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried getting one on QS DDP.

We did that yesterday. The gentleman who took our carryons said that they would be delivered to our room within an hour or so of us getting our room assignment. I was surprised (and a little dubious). I tipped him (I would have upon pick-up). Lo and behold, like our DME bags, our carryons were in our room when we got back from MK around 5:30. I’m a big fan of that service.

Yes-just don't try using your Magic Band!lol:)

A "friend" of mine has done that after about 5 very little sleep days into a trip!lol(My "friend" also says the MagicBands don't operate the elevator!lol:))

But you need your magic band to get into the laundry room.

We did that yesterday. The gentleman who took our carryons said that they would be delivered to our room within an hour or so of us getting our room assignment. I was surprised (and a little dubious). I tipped him (I would have upon pick-up). Lo and behold, like our DME bags, our carryons were in our room when we got back from MK around 5:30. I’m a big fan of that service.
Good to know! I hope they're doing that when I'm there, it would make it so much more convenient for me coming back late from the party after being up for so long! Thank you

Interesting question. There isn't a bar per se, but they do sell beer & wine in the cold drink cases. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried getting one on QS DDP.

We had the Summer Meal Deal (one QS meal per day) this past June. We had no problem getting a bottled adult beverage as our drink at both AoA and Pop.

The alcoholic beverage works with a meal...if it's a meal. We ended up with two extra meal credits in April, and I tried to combine two "snacks" (French fries and fruit) with an alcoholic beverage. I was told at Pop Century that I couldn't do it, I had to use a non-alcoholic beverage (I got told the same at the GF); however, when I tried two days later at the Polynesian, I was able to do it with no problem.

Good to know! I hope they're doing that when I'm there, it would make it so much more convenient for me coming back late from the party after being up for so long! Thank you
They will definitely do that.:)

Just tell Luggage Assistance that you have checked in,but don't have your room assignment yet and tell them you would like them to take it to your room when your room assignment comes through.

Be sure to keep the "claim check" they will give you in case for whatever reason your bag isn't in your room when you get there-they handle LOTS of luggage daily and occasionally things can happen.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter