Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The washing machines are open 24-hours and that is when I realized that I couldn't access The Everything Pop early one morning when I couldn't sleep. Too much sugar at the parks...ha...ha...ha!

And there are also Vending Machines close to the elevators in the Buildings.

Have made many a visit to them after Everything Pop closes!:)

Just booked this resort for my daughter and I for her spring break 3/8-3/13. We have never stayed here before but so excited to try it out. We requested 60's section and lake view. Not sure we will get that but I am really happy with most anything. Just excited to be back at Disney since 2014. How are the busses and transportation to parks from here? Just curious.

Just booked this resort for my daughter and I for her spring break 3/8-3/13. We have never stayed here before but so excited to try it out. We requested 60's section and lake view. Not sure we will get that but I am really happy with most anything. Just excited to be back at Disney since 2014. How are the busses and transportation to parks from here? Just curious.

That is our favorite section! We also always request top floor, it seems to be a bit quieter. Transportation can be hit or miss at any resort, but we've never really had any problems with the bus service at Pop. The bus stops can be really crowded first thing in the morning but the buses come frequently in our experience.

I am so mad!

Sorry, I shouldn't be mad over this, but I can't get the "sun and fun" deal in September from 16th to 19th! Seriously, we are in JANUARY, and I can't get the discount for September! In fact, for a moment last night I couldn't even get the regular price room for my dates!

I've been busy the last couple of weeks and did not expect Disney to post their discounts for September now. That normally wouldn't have mattered, but this year is different, and I think it's because of the Skyliner! Now that it is announced that they are opening in fall, every Tom and Jerry out there is booking my hotel in September, crowding me out!

Am I right? Is everybody flooding to Pop Century in September to get the first taste of the Skyliner?
I hope the Skyliner opens sooner, like in June. That way people will move their reservations there and give me my discount back. I've always gotten discounted room only deals in September!

I can't book a different value hotel because I love Pop Century. Can't live without it. I wouldn't exchange it for the Grand Floridian for FREE, if Disney were to offer it to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Grand Floridian, it's just that I have special feelings for Pop.

The buses are a lot more crowded this last year (2018) than previous years. One big reason, I believe, is due to Disney starting to charge hotel guests for parking at $15 a night or something like that (double in deluxe hotels). PARKING!!! So fewer people drive and more take the buses. Also, there were a lot more people in the parks last year than previous years.
I recommend budgeting for Lyft during long bus lines. Most trips are $6-9, so if you take 1 to 2 Lyft trips a day, you are still paying less than parking! Only for when the lines are long, of course. You are staying 5 days, so for another $70 you can save a ton of time and annoyance during Spring Break, especially. It's really worth it. A Disney trip is so expensive, you don't want to waste precious hours trying to save $70.
On the up side, there is a cell phone app to tell you when the buses arrive at the hotel (but not the parks), and they are accurate most of the time. So, we never waited for more than 5 minutes for a bus. So if you don't mind skip the morning and evening rush times, you don't have to do Lyft.
The Minnievan is super expensive. I paid $45 to go from Pop to MK last September. Plus it's hard to get in the morning and impossible to get at night at MK after fireworks.

The buses are a lot more crowded this last year (2018) than previous years. One big reason, I believe, is due to Disney starting to charge hotel guests for parking at $15 a night or something like that (double in deluxe hotels). PARKING!!! So fewer people drive and more take the buses.
I recommend budgeting for Lyft during long bus lines. Most trips are $6-9, so if you take 1 to 2 Lyft trips a day, you are still paying less than parking! Only for when the lines are long, of course. You are staying 5 days, so for another $70 you can save a ton of time and annoyance during Spring Break, especially. It's really worth it. A Disney trip is so expensive, you don't want to waste precious hours trying to save $70.
On the up side, there is a cell phone app to tell you when the buses arrive at the hotel (but not the parks), and they are accurate most of the time. So, we never waited for more than 5 minutes for a bus. So if you don't mind skip the morning and evening rush times, you don't have to do Lyft.
The Minnievan is super expensive. I paid $45 to go from Pop to MK last September. Plus it's hard to get in the morning and impossible to get at night at MK after fireworks.

They were pretty good at sending lots of buses during the morning rush, though. Even when the lines were overflowing the queues the waits weren't absurdly long.

I am so mad!

Sorry, I shouldn't be mad over this, but I can't get the "sun and fun" deal in September from 16th to 19th! Seriously, we are in JANUARY, and I can't get the discount for September! In fact, for a moment last night I couldn't even get the regular price room for my dates!

I've been busy the last couple of weeks and did not expect Disney to post their discounts for September now. That normally wouldn't have mattered, but this year is different, and I think it's because of the Skyliner! Now that it is announced that they are opening in fall, every Tom and Jerry out there is booking my hotel in September, crowding me out!

Am I right? Is everybody flooding to Pop Century in September to get the first taste of the Skyliner?
I hope the Skyliner opens sooner, like in June. That way people will move their reservations there and give me my discount back. I've always gotten discounted room only deals in September!

I can't book a different value hotel because I love Pop Century. Can't live without it. I wouldn't exchange it for the Grand Floridian for FREE, if Disney were to offer it to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Grand Floridian, it's just that I have special feelings for Pop.
All three nights are available individually, though not the same room category. The 16th is available as a standard pool view room, the 17th has standard and preferred pool view, and the 18th has preferred pool view. When I looked, however, neither two nights (the 16th and 17th standard pool view nor the 17th and 18th preferred pool view) are available to book together. I would call to book those nights together. They are available as individual nights, same room category and under the discount, and the CM who takes your call should be able to get guest services to put the two nights together as one reservation.

Then, step two, I would book the third night with the different category and check daily for any availability that might have opened up in the category for my other two nights. If I got lucky and found a room, I would call and ask them to note that I have a continuing reservation and would like to keep my same room. If you get even luckier, they might add the third night on to your other two nights; I’ve had less success adding a night on like that than I have getting guest services to book two individual nights together as I would advise doing in step one.

Or you could do nothing now and just check daily and see if any availability opens up for all three nights. People cancel and change reservations all the time, so it’s possible something will open up.

I am so mad!

Pop has been running at close to/at capacity since the renovated rooms began to open. It has a lot to offer and the word is out, especially for a value resort. I’m sorry you missed the offer but it’s unfair to be mad that others got it. Keep trying as @ColoradoMom12 suggested but if you really want to go to Disney you may need to open yourself up to other resorts as opposed to hoping people will cancel. I don’t really think the reservations have as much to do with the gondolas as you’re possibly thinking. I’ve found many dates to be full for over a year now, long before the gondolas were ever planned to be open.

If it were me, disappointed? Yes! Mad? No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter