Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed at Pop 1/26 -2/2 . My first stay at Pop . The rooms were clean, and cozy. The beds were very comfortable and I slept great .I could hear other people in rooms around me, but it didn't bother me or keep me awake . I ordered groceries and that was awesome .And bus/transportation was amazing, bus was always arriving within 5 mins .I had one issue with my reservation, which caused me to be at the front desk more than I cared to be, but overall I think Pop is a great resort .

I could hear other people in rooms around me, but it didn't bother me or keep me awake.
Did you by any chance have a connecting room? We stayed in November and found that we got a lot of noise through the connecting door (didn't help that our neighbors were fighting). I'm going to request non-connecting, top floor next time, hopefully will help with the noise issue.

Did you by any chance have a connecting room? We stayed in November and found that we got a lot of noise through the connecting door (didn't help that our neighbors were fighting). I'm going to request non-connecting, top floor next time, hopefully will help with the noise issue.
Not connecting room. But my granddaughter said she heard someone arguing at night, I didn't hear it .I was so tired I slept through it.

Nope. Request a corner room. Nothing special like at some Moderates (windows on two walls), but no corner rooms connect to other rooms.

Don't use the word "connecting" at all. It could be misread as you wanting one.

We have a credit card attached to our package but I was wondering if we could still visit the front desk and pay our account with cash, every other day or so, to avoid the extra exchange rate/fee my credit card will charge me?

I know I read something about this before but can’t quite find the answer .

Thanks so much!

We have a credit card attached to our package but I was wondering if we could still visit the front desk and pay our account with cash, every other day or so, to avoid the extra exchange rate/fee my credit card will charge me?

Thanks so much!

Yes! Just ask at check in what the charging threshold is and go pay off the account before you reach that.

Thanks so much!
I believe the new policy is that they will be charging your credit card on the 5th day regardless of how much us owed so I would recommend you pay it off before that and possibly a little extra too.

They will also put a hold on your credit card for the amount owed plus $100.

Staying here at the end of April (niece is competing in cheering). Third time staying here, first with new rooms. Can't wait to try them. We were the last people to stay in our room in the 70's before they closed that building for refurb. The rooms really needed an update.

As for hearing people next door, a few years ago I stayed at FQ. We could here the couple next door getting "busy". I was with my Mom (awkward). I think we would have heard them anyways but the connecting door made it worse.

I’ll be there next week. Are there any large competitions or touring groups I should prepare myself for?

POP newbie here, seeking room advice. I'm about to book for September during free dining. In your opinion, is the upgrade from Standard to Preferred worth the added cost? I don't really care about view but am unfamiliar with the walking distance for the food court (also plan to visit AoA food court) and buses. No mobility issues in our family, but we do travel with two younger children (2 & 7) and my mom (late 60s, active but has had a hip replacement). Any insights would be appreciated!

I would say it's not worth the upgrade. My DH has a habit of timing the walk from the furthest part of POP to the food court and it is always a max of 8 min walk from the furthest point. We always request 50's building 1 or 3 as we find it the quietest ones and we love the bowling pin pool.

Looking forward to our first stay at Pop this June. We have family staying at AoA. About how long is the walk between the two?
I was in the '50's section. I ate at the AoA food court most evenings. I often took the AoA bus from the parks and walked to POP. From getting off the bus to my room the walk was about 7 minutes. From the food court to my room about 6.

The new policy that is coming may change everything we've ever known about charging to the room, so it's really hard to say. I can't recall right now what the charging limit is. It used to be $500, but I think they raised it to $1000 a couple years ago.
Yes, as @Iowamomof4 sais, we are not 100% sure what the limit (if any) will be.

What we do know is that at all times Disney will put a hold on your cc for the outstanding balance + $100. On the 5th day of your vacation (and every 5 days after that plus checkout day) Disney will charge your current outstanding balance to your cc.

It’s possible with this new policy that there may not be a max ad Disney already has a hold on your cc so knows you are able to pay whatever you have charged to date.

There is an entire thread about this somewhere but I’m not sure where as I haven’t followed it. I tend to charge everything to my MB but also bring cash and gift cards to pay it off every few days. I don’t like to go home with a large post-vacation debt...other than the $200 bounceback booking for our next trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!