Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
H2O brand shampoo, conditioner and body wash in large bottles secured to shower wall.

We really like them but you will find others who don’t.

If you really like your particular brand of toiletries I would take your own. If you don’t mind trying new options I’d use the Pop ones.

Thank you! Did a quick google and the photos I see (not sure if Pop though) show bottles of the Sea Salt/Marine variety so if this is the scent then I'll be pretty happy!

Thanks for your response. Have you taken the bus to Epcot or Hollywood Studios from Pop. Online it looks like the Pop bus was 15-20 min for both parks. So was the Skyliner any faster? Perhaps it’s faster because there is a shorter line to load the Skyliner than waiting for the bus to arrive?
It all depends on how long you have to wait for the bus. Actual drive time to HS can be just 5 minutes. Epcot is just a few minutes more. Once you figure in the waits, plus the drive times, plus the walks from the bus stops, the Skyliner doesn’t really save you that much time, but it is easier.

Fifty five inches! It looks like the TV lines up better with the Murphy bed, but you should get good viewing from both beds.

Thanks for your response. Have you taken the bus to Epcot or Hollywood Studios from Pop. Online it looks like the Pop bus was 15-20 min for both parks. So was the Skyliner any faster? Perhaps it’s faster because there is a shorter line to load the Skyliner than waiting for the bus to arrive?
With a lot of people opting for the skyliner im guessingtge buses are lighter... we arenot skyliner kind of people so the bus it will be..

Thank you! Did a quick google and the photos I see (not sure if Pop though) show bottles of the Sea Salt/Marine variety so if this is the scent then I'll be pretty happy!
This was taken at POP September 2, 2019
pR2F52D.jpg

We are arriving late 10/30. Does anyone know what time the food court is open until?

We also have 3 separate reservations for a 3 night stay as that was the only way to book. We called and had the reservations linked. Anyone know the odds of keeping the same room? I can’t see them wanting to have to completely clean a room to give it to someone else, but who knows.

Okay one more, any idea how late the pools are open?

TIA

I think your odds of staying in the same room are very good. There have been many times that we needed to piece together stays, and the CMs at check-in have always made sure to keep us in the same room. Nothing is guaranteed, but chances are very good.

We are arriving late 10/30. Does anyone know what time the food court is open until?

We also have 3 separate reservations for a 3 night stay as that was the only way to book. We called and had the reservations linked. Anyone know the odds of keeping the same room? I can’t see them wanting to have to completely clean a room to give it to someone else, but who knows.

TIA
I would request keeping the same room at the time that you check in. There is go guarantee but they will do their best to keep you in the same room if possible.

The food court is open until midnight but as it gets later more and more of the serving windows close so your choices are less. I believe it's the pizza/pasta window that normally stays open until midnight.

This was taken at POP September 2, 2019
pR2F52D.jpg

Thank you! This makes me happy firstly as I love the Sea Salt stuff (I'm still hoarding some bottles from a Disney trip last year), and I definitely prefer this to the bar soap they used to have at Pop.

TIA

A couple of years ago I had two separate reservations for the same room type at Pop that ran consecutively. I told the front desk about this at some point during the first stay and they said I would probably be able to keep the same room. I can't exactly remember what happened on the transition day between the two stays but don't remember needing to go back to the front desk or anything that day, I might be wrong though!

My upcoming stay (in er, 3 days' time!) is also similar in that it is again two separate reservation for same room type at Pop that are running consecutively (WDW website wouldn't let me book 14 nights at one go, but would let me book 9 nights and then 5 nights). So again am hoping to be able to just stay put in one room!

Can anyone tell me how the room requests work? Do we call and put it on our reservation? Also, can you ask for a specific room, area, view? This is our first time staying at POP. We’ll be there in January and booked a preferred room. We want a good view, but not the pool! TIA!

Yes, call. Now, not give days or whatever risky number days in advance.

1: requests are never, ever, ever guaranteed.
2: the fewer and more general the requests, the more likely they are to be met, and the less likely the guest is to be disappointed or worse.

Can anyone tell me how the room requests work? Do we call and put it on our reservation? Also, can you ask for a specific room, area, view? This is our first time staying at POP. We’ll be there in January and booked a preferred room. We want a good view, but not the pool! TIA!
Just a heads up that ‘view’ from your room isn’t really a view as you’re probably used to. All rooms are entered from common walkways so if you choose to open both of your curtains to see the view means that each person who walks by Your room will also be able to look in. Also, many of the rooms have foliage outside the walkway so views are often of beautiful palms or shrubs.

This picture is an example of a 4th floor ‘lake view’ room in building 4.447527

This picture shows the walkways outside the rooms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter