Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up that ‘view’ from your room isn’t really a view as you’re probably used to. All rooms are entered from common walkways so if you choose to open both of your curtains to see the view means that each person who walks by Your room will also be able to look in. Also, many of the rooms have foliage outside the walkway so views are often of beautiful palms or shrubs.

This picture is an example of a 4th floor ‘lake view’ room in building 4.View attachment 447527

This picture shows the walkways outside the rooms.
View attachment 447528

Great info, thanks! And so helpful to see the pictures. So it’s maybe not so private huh? WE don’t want to be the view lol. 😆 I was picturing a lake view with the actual lake in sight. But I wouldn’t mind a view of foliage. Just don’t want to be near the big pool where they’ll be doing refurbishments while we’re there. Thanks again!

Great info, thanks! And so helpful to see the pictures. So it’s maybe not so private huh? WE don’t want to be the view lol. 😆 I was picturing a lake view with the actual lake in sight. But I wouldn’t mind a view of foliage. Just don’t want to be near the big pool where they’ll be doing refurbishments while we’re there. Thanks again!
Preferred rooms are in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s buildings. I’d maybe avoid requesting 60’s since that’s where the Hippy Dippy pool is.

I might have missed this in the thread... If I'll be staying in one of the preferred rooms, how long of a walk is it to the skyliner?

I might have missed this in the thread... If I'll be staying in one of the preferred rooms, how long of a walk is it to the skyliner?
If your preferred room is in the 60’s, it could be a one minute walk.
If your preferred room is in the 50’s or 70’s, it could be up to a five or six minute walk.

I was checking out the food courts of various resorts and have to say was really disappointed in some menus. I remember reading recently that they were going to standardize all the food courts, but they took away the essence of Pop and AoA. I booked Pop anyway, but I feel abandoned by Disney. No pot pie at Pop and no build your own salad at AoA, among other items that are missing.

Leaving tonight and will be at Pop on Sunday! Very excited to see the Skyliner in action, so glad it's back up and running now!
I'll be interested to know what time it starts operating, if it is still a modified schedule since it re-opened. I'll be down early November and hoping to ride for HS and Epcot for rope dropping.

Preferred rooms are in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s buildings. I’d maybe avoid requesting 60’s since that’s where the Hippy Dippy pool is.
Great, thanks! I’ll ask for 50’s or 70’s. You’d think the pool facing rooms would stop being “preferred” once the refurbishment starts right? But I think they’re still selling them the same way as always?

Great, thanks! I’ll ask for 50’s or 70’s. You’d think the pool facing rooms would stop being “preferred” once the refurbishment starts right? But I think they’re still selling them the same way as always?
The rooms directly facing the pool in the 60’s are bookable as “preferred pool”. I’m thinking they might be bookable as simply “preferred” during the pool refurbishment because they are centrally located and close to everything. But that’s just a guess.

Will be staying at POP! in December for a Mom/Daughter trip. This will be my first time in a refurbed room. I plan on having groceries delivered and was wondering if a gallon of milk would fit in the fridge or if I will need to get 2 half gallons?

The rooms directly facing the pool in the 60’s are bookable as “preferred pool”. I’m thinking they might be bookable as simply “preferred” during the pool refurbishment because they are centrally located and close to everything. But that’s just a guess.
Ah that makes sense now. I guess a lot closer to the main building, etc. They should call them “sort of preferred” and discount them hehe 😉

That's my assumption as well. I booked early and starting a couple days into our January trip, "preferred pool" wasn't available at all.

Just checked in at Pop today - I got a room a few doors down from the room I requested through the Touring Plans room request (that was submitted late!) so I'm pretty happy and seems like the room request worked!

I mentioned earlier in the thread that my current stay is in the form of 2 consecutive bookings in the same room - I asked at check in and was told by the CM that they've already noted this (not sure if this was from MDE, or from the Touring Plans room request where I mentioned this) and I should be staying in the same room for the second booking, just that I would need to check in on the app for the second booking. But if I wanted no mousekeeping for the second stay I would need to let them know again at that point in time to get the no mousekeeping gift card for the second booking.

Excited - heading to DHS EEMH tomorrow, hopefully I can wake up!

We checked in yesterday after our Fantasy Cruise. We are in building 10 by the big wheel 3rd floor. We have an ECV and it fits in the room if you leave the table bed up. An accessible room wasn’t ready at 11am so I took a regular room which was available. Rode the skyliner to Epcot. Got caught in the rain at 7PM so it stopped around 8:30PM so we didn’t stay for fireworks. The skyliner was fun.

We checked in yesterday after our Fantasy Cruise. We are in building 10 by the big wheel 3rd floor. We have an ECV and it fits in the room if you leave the table bed up. An accessible room wasn’t ready at 11am so I took a regular room which was available. Rode the skyliner to Epcot. Got caught in the rain at 7PM so it stopped around 8:30PM so we didn’t stay for fireworks. The skyliner was fun.
Glad you're enjoying Pop and the Skyliner!

Just a heads up that it's possible (but not easy) to get an ECV in and out when the table bed is down. We did it a number of times when we were there in the spring but as @shoes99 indicates, it's easier to maneuver if the table bed is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter