Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you put it like that, now I'm starting to consider not using the yellow tags. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 4:10pm. I thought that was decently early, but I don't want to wait for my luggage to arrive at 10 either! Especially since we'll have our 5 year old with us, and it will be past our bedtimes. And not to mention if there is a delay of any kind with my flight.

So if we decide to collect our own luggage at baggage claim, we should NOT put the yellow tags on our luggage right? Then we would just head to baggage claim like we would for any other trip? And then we take our luggage to the DME desk? Hmm, I might just do that. I'm one of those people who can't settle in a hotel room until I am unpacked. And please remind me, we don't use the yellow tags when we are leaving Disney do we? We just leave our luggage with the hotel, and they ensure it gets to the airport?

Sorry for the questions; it's been 7 years since we've gone. Thanks!

Our flight landed at 4:45PM and we had to call because our luggage was not in our room at 10:50 when we came back from Disney Springs. It came within 15 minutes of calling so I'm assuming they were delivering luggage at our resort and they prioritized getting ours to us since we requested it, otherwise I'm sure it could have been another hour (or more).

Just proceed as usual if you do not use the yellow tags (like any non-Disney trip, check in and drop them off at the airport where they will put on regular white bag tags) and pick them up from the baggage claim. You can then bring them on the DME with you! When you leave, if your airline is part of the airline check in, you bring them to the desk (not sure how it is at POP but at AKL it was next to bell services) and they will print your boarding pass and take care of tagging the bags and getting them to the airport. It was very seamless for us last week!

When you put it like that, now I'm starting to consider not using the yellow tags. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 4:10pm. I thought that was decently early, but I don't want to wait for my luggage to arrive at 10 either! Especially since we'll have our 5 year old with us, and it will be past our bedtimes. And not to mention if there is a delay
So if we decide to collect our own luggage at baggage claim, we should NOT put the yellow tags on our luggage right? Then we would just head to baggage claim like we would for any other trip? And then we take our luggage to the DME desk? Hmm, I might just do that. I'm one of those people who can't settle in a hotel room until I am unpacked. And please remind me, we don't use the yellow tags when we are leaving Disney do we? We just leave our luggage with the hotel, and they ensure it gets to the airport?

If it were me in your situation I would not use the yellow DME tags and pick up your luggage at the airport. I’m like you and cannot relax until we are fully unpacked.

Depending on what airline you’re using and what time you fly out you can check your luggage at Pop.

This link should also help with other DME questions you might have: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/magical-express/

Our flight landed at 4:45PM and we had to call because our luggage was not in our room at 10:50 when we came back from Disney Springs. It came within 15 minutes of calling so I'm assuming they were delivering luggage at our resort and they prioritized getting ours to us since we requested it, otherwise I'm sure it could have been another hour (or more).

Just proceed as usual if you do not use the yellow tags (like any non-Disney trip, check in and drop them off at the airport where they will put on regular white bag tags) and pick them up from the baggage claim. You can then bring them on the DME with you! When you leave, if your airline is part of the airline check in, you bring them to the desk (not sure how it is at POP but at AKL it was next to bell services) and they will print your boarding pass and take care of tagging the bags and getting them to the airport. It was very seamless for us last week!
If it were me in your situation I would not use the yellow DME tags and pick up your luggage at the airport. I’m like you and cannot relax until we are fully unpacked.

Depending on what airline you’re using and what time you fly out you can check your luggage at Pop.

This link should also help with other DME questions you might have: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/magical-express/

Thank you both!

So if we decide to collect our own luggage at baggage claim, we should NOT put the yellow tags on our luggage right?
Right, just leave them off.

Then we would just head to baggage claim like we would for any other trip?
Correct.

And then we take our luggage to the DME desk?
Correct, and you keep your luggage with you until you go out to the bus and suitcases and such will be put in the storage area under the bus by the driver. Then, at your hotel, you stay by the bus and the driver will unload it when everyone getting off the bus disembarks.

And please remind me, we don't use the yellow tags when we are leaving Disney do we? We just leave our luggage with the hotel, and they ensure it gets to the airport?
No yellow tags on the return trip. If you are doing your luggage check-in at the hotel, then you do indeed take it and check it right at the hotel; Resort Airline Check-In Service

When you put it like that, now I'm starting to consider not using the yellow tags. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 4:10pm. I thought that was decently early, but I don't want to wait for my luggage to arrive at 10 either! Especially since we'll have our 5 year old with us, and it will be past our bedtimes. And not to mention if there is a delay of any kind with my flight.

We take care of our own luggage on the way back to the airport too. That way I don’t have to wonder about it.

Yes I leave for an early flight day of departure and always take my bag with me. I only do carry on, so I don't have to deal with any check-in for my bag. Just saves me a lot of stress.

Right, just leave them off.

Correct.

Correct, and you keep your luggage with you until you go out to the bus and suitcases and such will be put in the storage area under the bus by the driver. Then, at your hotel, you stay by the bus and the driver will unload it when everyone getting off the bus disembarks.

No yellow tags on the return trip. If you are doing your luggage check-in at the hotel, then you do indeed take it and check it right at the hotel; Resort Airline Check-In Service
Thanks!

I posted this question on another post but I thought I would say ask here too. DH and I are going to WDW for two days prior to Disney cruise. Kids are grown. We are trying to save money but I'm not sure I will like Pop. The huge icons do nothing for me. I like pretty palm trees and beautiful scenery. For $180 more for the two nights we can stay at Gran Destino Tower water view. Any advice on what we should do? We weren't planning on going to the parks; just relax at resort and go to Disney Springs

I posted this question on another post but I thought I would say ask here too. DH and I are going to WDW for two days prior to Disney cruise. Kids are grown. We are trying to save money but I'm not sure I will like Pop. The huge icons do nothing for me. I like pretty palm trees and beautiful scenery. For $180 more for the two nights we can stay at Gran Destino Tower water view. Any advice on what we should do? We weren't planning on going to the parks; just relax at resort and go to Disney Springs
DH and I like Pop for when we run out of DVC points and have to book on cash. That said, we go to the parks and don't spend a lot of time at the resort. We stayed at CSR once, before the Tower opened, and liked it too.

If we were planning not to go to the parks at all and to spend most of our time at the resort and DS, I'd rather stay at the Tower. We visited there in November when we ate at Toledo, and it's gorgeous. So I would say for $180 more, go for the Gran Destino Tower water view! I think you'll be much happier!

Thank you CarolynFH. I think deep down, I already knew the answer. I just needed it reaffirmed. Oh, and I see your signature. That reminds me, we will probably head over to BW one evening too!

Only you truly know how much the view is worth to you. There are may pretty places to sit at Pop along the water and watch the Skyliner float by where you cannot see the icons.

I'll take the icons over spending $180 for palm trees any day! It's the comfort and cleanliness of rooms that I want, not the view, but that's me.

We love CSR, although we haven’t been there since the tower opened. I know exactly what you mean by the giant icons. Why can’t Disney build a value resort that doesn’t look like a kids amusement park? Anyway, if I had 2 days to just lounge around a resort I would go with CSR. It’s much more than just palm trees when you stay there. It’s so beautiful at night!

We love CSR, although we haven’t been there since the tower opened. I know exactly what you mean by the giant icons. Why can’t Disney build a value resort that doesn’t look like a kids amusement park? Anyway, if I had 2 days to just lounge around a resort I would go with CSR. It’s much more than just palm trees when you stay there. It’s so beautiful at night!

HA HA!! I keep wondering why Disney can't build a moderate with more Disney themeing! lol Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I love WDW but I don’t feel the need to have it thrown in my face 24/7. I would just like to have a value resort themed without giant icons.

Yep, totally understand. Everyone is different. It's just amusing that some want the exact opposite. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!