Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called guest services to request a specific building. My DS want the 60's building. Guest services said to call back no sooner than 10 days before the reservation for the request. No guarantees though! I remember them taking requests earlier than 10 days. I guess things have changed?

I just called guest services to request a specific building. My DS want the 60's building. Guest services said to call back no sooner than 10 days before the reservation for the request. No guarantees though! I remember them taking requests earlier than 10 days. I guess things have changed?
I haven't faced that (I've already called in my requests for Sep 2020) but, regardless of my requests I know they will do their best but won't always be able to accommodate.

You could either try calling again now to see if you get a different CM or, call within your 10 day window. They don't start assigning rooms until about 4-5 days before you arrive is my understanding.

We were not planning to opt out of housekeeping, because we like to come back to a clean room. However, the last time we stayed at Pop, most days our room didn’t get cleaned because we were just coming back for a nap so told them not to worry about it. Is there a way to know an approximate time the rooms will be cleaned each day?
No. It all depends on where you are in the hallway and which end they start with in the morning.

Call back. The CM was wrong. They can add requests at any time to your reservation.

What is the formula for opting out of housekeeping? I forgot how many nights they minus. Thanks.

What is the formula for opting out of housekeeping? I forgot how many nights they minus. Thanks.
It is the number of nights you stay, minus one since of course they must clean your room on the night you leave. Currently at Pop it is 10.00 per night.

Post-refurbishment at Pop, how is the noise from above for floors 1-3? We usually like ground floor rooms, but if the noise from above seems bad now that carpet is gone, we will request 4th floor.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to search for this, as I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times before.

Post-refurbishment at Pop, how is the noise from above for floors 1-3? We usually like ground floor rooms, but if the noise from above seems bad now that carpet is gone, we will request 4th floor.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to search for this, as I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times before.

It can probably vary greatly depending on the group that has the room above. I'll let others share their experience since we've been fortunate enough to always get the top floor.

Request the top floor.

It can probably vary greatly depending on the group that has the room above. I'll let others share their experience since we've been fortunate enough to always get the top floor.

Not having any carpet might make it a little louder, but I agree with @Iowamomof4 it’s all about the luck of the draw of who gets placed around you and if you like the ground floor for many of its advantages, you also have a greater chance of encountering some of it‘s disadvantages.

When we were there in 2017, top floor non-refurbished 50s room, I don’t recall any noise coming from any of the rooms. I did notice, late at night, that it felt like you could hear every toilet that got flushed in the building, but after a day or two I didn’t even notice that anymore. :rotfl: You might want to bring a white noise machine, a bluetooth speaker and download a few white noise machine apps, or request a box fan just to be safe.

We've stayed at Pop 3 times post refurbishment when we were not on the top floor and have not had any problems but as others have said, you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter