Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! We've done it a few times. 😊 Mostly to send compliments to CMs that went above and beyond!
That is awesome I love that! Where exactly do I go on my app I’m not seeing anything but maybe you have to actually be at the parks

Speaking of Chat with Us... I wanted to confirm. My room number will populate on the app the day of check in I assume, but not before, is this correct? Also, our flight isn't until 6:15pm day of check-in, we will be late arrive around 11pm... could I use Chat with Us to request a different room and/or maybe even try for a microwave using this app feature before even arriving?

Side comment, the Bus/Skyliner situations really need to get sorted out at POP ASAP! I think we will try to avoid first thing AM or last of the day use of transportation - which is really sad considering all of the other limiting factors on this trip. Or use Uber, which is annoying because transportation was the sole reason I paid to be onsite this trip! I could be offsite for cheaper and use the extra money for Uber!

Counting the hours - arrive tomorrow night.

Speaking of Chat with Us... I wanted to confirm. My room number will populate on the app the day of check in I assume, but not before, is this correct? Also, our flight isn't until 6:15pm day of check-in, we will be late arrive around 11pm... could I use Chat with Us to request a different room and/or maybe even try for a microwave using this app feature before even arriving
Yes about the room #. You'll get a notification when your room is ready. I think you could chat for those things but not sure about success level with changing rooms.

I'm about 1,000 miles away from WDW and I can see the Chat With Us option in the app.
That is so weird I decided to look again and it wasn’t there and I took a screenshot then I was looking around some more To make sure I dint miss anything and suddenly it showed up

Yes about the room #. You'll get a notification when your room is ready. I think you could chat for those things but not sure about success level with changing rooms.

It might be easier to call for a room change. They usually give a phone number in the room number text.

About 55 minutes. They finally started bringing buses one after the other after I posted. I dunno if it helped, but I did chat with a Cm in the app and complained (nicely) that they needed to do better. No other resort had more than 10 people waiting. Most had none.
I bet your chat helped things along!
Oooh i’ve never used hot wire or any platform like that I did need to add an extra night on September 3 is that soon enough? how do I do this? Does It actually say that its pop century.
Hotwire isn't loading for me right now*, but no, it all not say anything about Pop Century or anything similar. Search for Lake Buena Vista, then look for $82 rate with no hotel named, but with Pop's features.
That is so weird I decided to look again and it wasn’t there and I took a screenshot then I was looking around some more To make sure I dint miss anything and suddenly it showed up
The app maybe wanted to make sure you were serious about your search?

* "Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand"

I have two quick questions for anyone who may be able to answer me.

1) I know there are two different areas for people to get into the Skyliner. One for walking people and one for wheelchairs and scooters. My husband has a scooter. Do we get in the line with the people who are going to walk on or do we go up front and get in a line for the scooter Skyliner cab, or whatever you wanna call it?

2) I know someone said that they did not start cooking the pizza until they checked in with the cast member. If we order regular meals like a hamburger with fries and a chicken finger meal, can we order from our room before heading down?

Sorry, this is all new to me. In December when I took my mother to CBR there was never a wait to get on the Skyliner. Also, I’ve never mobile ordered before. Thanks in advance!

2) I know someone said that they did not start cooking the pizza until they checked in with the cast member. If we order regular meals like a hamburger with fries and a chicken finger meal, can we order from our room before heading down?
At the park you check "I'm here" for the mobile orders and then so far for us it's been 5 minutes or less to wait for our food. You can order in advance as much as you want, you just pick your time window. I like it much better than standing in line!

1. ) I know there are two different areas for people to get into the Skyliner. One for walking people and one for wheelchairs and scooters. My husband has a scooter. Do we get in the line with the people who are going to walk on or do we go up front and get in a line for the scooter Skyliner cab, or whatever you wanna call it?
This
is at DHS. I would say, approach the first Skyliner CM you encounter, and ask which way you need to go.

1) I know there are two different areas for people to get into the Skyliner. One for walking people and one for wheelchairs and scooters. My husband has a scooter. Do we get in the line with the people who are going to walk on or do we go up front and get in a line for the scooter Skyliner cab, or whatever you wanna call it?

Sorry, this is all new to me. In December when I took my mother to CBR there was never a wait to get on the Skyliner. Also, I’ve never mobile ordered before. Thanks in advance!

This was from our pizza order. Note it says to let us know when you’re ready.

145258FA-0D5D-45EF-86D9-5B3783CEDCC0.jpeg

This
is at DHS. I would say, approach the first Skyliner CM you encounter, and ask which way you need to go.
Thank you but, I was specifically asking about at pop. I wanted to know about those huge morning lines. Do we need to stand behind all those people since we are going in a different line. Thanks!

Thank you but, I was specifically asking about at pop. I wanted to know about those huge morning lines. Do we need to stand behind all those people since we are going in a different line. Thanks!
Based on the video that person took, while it appears there is a different queuing area for mobility devices and in fact, a CM led their party directly to it when they reached him: get in line with everyone else and ask the first (even every) CM you encounter where you should go.

you wait in line with everyone and if they are using the separate boarding area they spit you off. I have heard reports that at least one station they aren’t using the separate area but are slowing the line for loading. Not sure if they was just one day or if it is an ongoing thing.They don’t let scooters cut ahead of everyone in the skyliner line

How is the wait for the food court once the parks are closed? I’m hoping they’re getting used to the new way and things are running smoother.
It’s all mobile order. So you have to pick an arrival time period. Push the I’m here prepare my order. They don’t let you in until you have the order ready for pickup. So if you don’t want to wait outside in the lobby area. Don’t go down to food court until you get the ready for pickup notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!