Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $82 per night average price that Disneyfan quoted may only apply for Disneyfan's dates. Disney charges more for weekend days and less for midweek days; Hotwire likely does too. You have to look for the hotel's characteristics to try and figure out if you're getting Pop or not. Pop is a 3-star hotel in the Bonnet Creek area with a 4.3/5 satisfaction rating that offers free internet, an airport shuttle, etc. The bed choice lists a murphy bed, as well as a regular bed, in the room. If none of the hotels listed for your dates have those characteristics, maybe it's fully booked on Hotwire for those dates. Being fully booked on Hotwire may not mean being unavailable directly from Disney. Hotwire may only have a limited number of rooms it can sell at those rates.
Thanks - I don't think we'd re-book even if I found it, but I was more browsing out of shock that it could be the yr 2008 level cheap. I generally don't like to take any chances on Hotwire in terms of what resort, and I've already had to change my hotels, flights, and park reservations recently, and don't feel like messing with it again. Pop Cent. actually came up in my search, at $169/night so, that steal of a deal for $82 or $84 is probably not avail. for my stay dates, like you stated. Although I did see Swan for $130 (plus like $34 in fees), and then another listing on the same search for Swan for much higher.

Do you tend to only request 1 general thing for room preference then, such as close to dining hall, or do you still request multiple asks like lower floor as well?
I always ask for a specific room. But that because that is where I really want to stay. I've stayed at POP twice now - first time I got a room two doors from the one I wanted, second time I got the room I wanted. I requested the same room fro my Sept. trip. Fingers crossed.

Now that said, I don't otherwise really care. So if I get a room not even close to what I requested it won't matter at all to me.

I always ask for a specific room. But that because that is where I really want to stay. I've stayed at POP twice now - first time I got a room two doors from the one I wanted, second time I got the room I wanted. I requested the same room fro my Sept. trip. Fingers crossed.

Now that said, I don't otherwise really care. So if I get a room not even close to what I requested it won't matter at all to me.
Interesting, I never knew guests requested specific rooms and actually got them. Most of my disney friends/fam, don't even make any requests, or even request a change once assigned. I always physically check in and, always get a better room (to me) than what I was assigned. But generally don't get great results from my requests. They're typically either ignored or couldn't be fulfilled.

So we are scheduled October 19-27. In terms of coffee, it looks like little pods? is there a way to bring our own (suggest pod brand or where to buy) or should we utilize the coffee included with the refill mug? (is there coffee condiments in the EPop Food court?) We planned on Lyft/Uber to HS however that sounds like it could backfire as well, I think we are going to wait until the park has been open 1 hour then head to the skyliner and hope for 2pm RoTR. Any other tips for first stay at POP? Is there huge waits in the AM for Breakfast from ePOP? or just dinner? Thanks in advance everyone.
I was in line for skyliner today at 815. We walked from HS to EPCOT but we'd have been in hs no problem by 930.

Hubby says he doesn't think you could bring your own coffee (won't fit) but we asked for more and got a giant bag of supplies brought to our room no problem.

We use touring plans room request that they fax 30 days before your trip. We usually get close to a perfect room. Lately we ask for 60’s lake view. Most important to have a bathtub. Would like a non connecting room - this is the one we sometimes don’t get -probably because the non-connecting might get read as connecting but we just roll a towel at the base of the door and that cuts way down on the noise if that happens. We usually get close to what we want. Not the exact room but close. Once we had 2 linked stays and we had the perfect room but had to move to another room (or live in the middle of the 16’s who they put in that section I guess). So we were moved to 50’s lake view on the end closest to 60’s and actually liked that room better. It was a closer walk to main building. I think they tried to be nice to us since we had to move mid stay. They even came and moved all of our stuff from our old to our new room.

Hosed again. Pop skyliner is down so here we wait for a bus again... So frustrating. I seriously don't think I'll stay here again.

Ugh, that stinks that is what I'm worried about. Was it weather related or unknown?
Not weather, cuz we were able to take the other line from Epcot to Caribbean Beach. She didn't know but speculated it was lightning related, though it was running this morning. I will say, the buses moved pretty quickly to get us back so that was good.

(lightning from last night I mean, not tonight)

I prioritize them.

For example:
1st priority - 70s section
2nd priority - Top floor
3rd priority - Mickey Phone building (I probably had the number but I cannot remember what it was)

That way they start with seeing what top floor rooms they have. Then see which if any of those are in the 70s section. Then see which if any of those are in the Mickey Phone building.

So, when calling, I can rank my priorities with the CM? I’ve only ever made one request in the past. At Pop, I would want ground floor, 60s section, facing the lake.

I prioritize them.

For example:
1st priority - 70s section
2nd priority - Top floor
3rd priority - Mickey Phone building (I probably had the number but I cannot remember what it was)

That way they start with seeing what top floor rooms they have. Then see which if any of those are in the 70s section. Then see which if any of those are in the Mickey Phone building.
That's Building 6, so you could probably just request "Building 6 top floor", or "top floor, Building 6" - depending which is more important to you. Unless you specifically and only want to be in the 70s, you can probably omit that request. It's redundant.
Would like a non connecting room - this is the one we sometimes don’t get -probably because the non-connecting might get read as connecting but
Try requesting an end room. End rooms don't connect, and only adjoining to two other rooms - one side and one back to back.

That's Building 6, so you could probably just request "Building 6 top floor", or "top floor, Building 6" - depending which is more important to you. Unless you specifically and only want to be in the 70s, you can probably omit that request. It's redundant.

Like I said, it has been a while and I could not remember the number. And yes, I preferred the 70s section - probably I actually had the building first’ and section third.

So, when calling, I can rank my priorities with the CM? I’ve only ever made one request in the past. At Pop, I would want ground floor, 60s section, facing the lake.

I have found it is best to prioritize them, yes. That way the assigner knows which is most important to you. For example, if the assigner took your list as your priority order, they would first see what ground floor rooms are available for your stay, then see if any of those are in the 60s section, then see if any of those are lake-facing. If at any step the request cannot be met - say there are no lake-facing ground floor rooms in the 60s but there is one in the 70s, BUT there are upper floor 60s lake-facing rooms - they might assign the ground floor 70s to you thinking that ground floor was your most important when in reality 60s section was your most important. Make sense?

Does anyone know if there are king rooms in the standard view 60's building 5?

There are king rooms in all buildings but they are very difficult to get as many are accessible rooms and are offered to guests requiring accommodations first. You may request a king room and you may request it in a specific building but they are never guaranteed.

More transportation confusion... Skyliner is down (weather related I think). We went to the bus stop for HS and the bus driver went right past us to the "special events" stop on the end. Hubby ran down to chat with him. Driver said he was told to go there, not the HS stop. He was nice enough to swing around again and pick us all up, but just more miscommunication.

I didn’t see it the first day I looked either then a couple days later I went to check again and didn’t see it but literally a few seconds later I went back in there And it was There....it was really strange
Maybe it only shows when someone is available to chat.

Maybe it only shows when someone is available to chat.
Curious if you actually tried using chat while not on property? I have checked like a dozen times On different days and have never seen it. Was told before that it’s only supposed to be available while on property.

More transportation confusion... Skyliner is down (weather related I think). We went to the bus stop for HS and the bus driver went right past us to the "special events" stop on the end. Hubby ran down to chat with him. Driver said he was told to go there, not the HS stop. He was nice enough to swing around again and pick us all up, but just more miscommunication.
For both EP and HS, are you supposed to go to this different bus stop (Is it at the fastest end away from lobby) whenever Skyliner is down or was it just this time? I guess with the different park times initially it could be one line but around 10am wouldnt there have to be two special events lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter